Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-14-2012, 07:26 PM #1
bobbybowman90

ion shooting problem

I have an ion with a tech t l7 v2 and virtue redefined board. When the gun is shooting at higher rates of fire there is sometimes a puff of air. sounds like the air is shooting down the barrel for a shot then it goes back to shooting normal. tired relubing the marker and reg as well as cleaning everything but it still happens. I tried turning my dwell up from 12 ms to 16 ms but the problem was still there. Any ideas? Operating pressure 140 psi.

Last edited by bobbybowman90 : 08-15-2012 at 07:08 PM.
bobbybowman90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 02:36 PM #2
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
I had the same issues with a Virtue Redefined board. You can try increasing dwell to 20 ms, as the L7 bolt alone may not allow you to drop dwell all the way down to 12-16 ms (unless you have a qev installed). I personally could not solve the problem with my virtue board, though, so good luck.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 AM #3
bobbybowman90

I have a qev. I read somewhere that the l7 is so light that it gets stuck
Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 PM #4
Lt. Tank
What would you ask God ?

Lt. Tank owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
wrong post (mine)
Old 08-17-2012, 02:03 PM #5
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybowman90 View Post
I have a qev. I read somewhere that the l7 is so light that it gets stuck
Never heard that before. With the proper dwell and operating pressure, only way it could get stuck is if o-ring(s) snag somewhere.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:16 PM #6
bobbybowman90

I turned the dwell down a bit and upped the pressure to 160 psi and it barely does it anymore except when firing really fast. Talked to virtue they said the bolt is so light that when firing fast the air keeps it pushed forward. Said the stock bolt or a heavier bolt would fix the problem.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 AM #7
Dan95-5.0

Dan95-5.0 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i upgraded to the L7 bolt and i was shocked at how great it feels now with a low dwell compared to the stock bolt at stock dwell. i would never consider going back.

I would figure out at what BPS your having this issue at and do the calculations to figure out the ROF and Dwell so you dont hit it.
Dan95-5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:31 PM #8
bobbybowman90

I think that the L7 is the lightest. But let me know if it fixes it I miss the membrane pad as well.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 PM #9
DirtyDanPaintballMan

DirtyDanPaintballMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DirtyDanPaintballMan is attending Decay of Nations VI
Was thinking on upgrading to the V2 but I'll pass.
DirtyDanPaintballMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:40 AM #10
RidgeH
Free Ballin

Your not the only one with this issue!! I just have a virtue redefined board, qev, stock bolt and internals, cp reg. At one point, I just threw a new qev on it, and it seemed to fix the issue for a small period of time, but even still now, about once a game or every other, I shoot a rope at 12.5 ramp, and in the middle, it sputters, and makes a sound like the bolt sticks forward. I've rebuilt reg, bolt, and cleaned the noid. Used diff qevs, new batts and still no dice. I'm very good at fixing guns.. but I'm stumped with this.. I shot this gun for many years without this issue, but I had my board sent in after a soldered on piece snapped off, and I think ever since I've had this issue, and its been getting more and more frequent. Next couple things I'm going to try before sending it in to virtue is, try a HP tank, ill the dwell, and maybe try a diff reg.

Old Feedback +13/-0

Russian Legion fan #19, San Diego Legacy fan #105, NYX fan #84, London Nexus fan #2 Ultimate fan #26
RidgeH is offline   Reply With Quote