PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-24-2012, 09:07 PM #1
jing

SL - 68 II question.

I may be getting this as a starter pump gun,

Does it shoot well?

What tank / hopper should I get with it?

"May be a stupid question" But does a smaller tank like a 13/3000 have lower velocity? or would it shoot the same speed as a 68/4500

thanks!
jing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 PM #2
lone_eagle

lone_eagle is playing at Living Legends VI
lone_eagle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
lone_eagle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lone_eagle is attending Decay of Nations VI
its not a bad starter

the hopper is a personal preference, most people choose what they are comfortable with or based on what they are playing. I switch between a stick feed, 50 round hopper, 150 round hopper and my halo or revy.

The velocity will be the same for a 13ci 3000 psi tank as it would be for the 68ci 4500psi tank. The main question is how much paint do you plan to shoot and how well does the tank work for the way you use your marker.
lone_eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:33 PM #3
jing

Ah, I just found out that it doesn't have indents so balls will be rolling out after I pump, That"s a turn off :/

Any other pump guns that are as small as this out there?

Last edited by jing : 08-24-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:01 PM #4
Dudeindump

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
Ah, I just found out that it doesn't have indents so balls will be rolling out after I pump, That"s a turn off :/

Any other pump guns that are as small as this out there?
It's like that with 99% of over-bored, closed bolt guns. Whatever gun you get will have this same problem. Try using Nail Polish Detents. I put the details in the quotes below, I did this with my Azodin KP and it worked flawlessly.

ALL CREDIT GOES TO THE INFLICTED FOR SHOWING ME THIS. I'M JUST COPY AND PASTING FROM AN OLD THREAD HE POSTED THIS IN.

Quote:
You create nail polish detents by painting three or four short stripes on the inside of the barrel at the breech end with some kind of nail polish.
Wait several hours for it to dry completely. Test one of the smallest paintballs you want to use and see if it rolls out. If it doesn't, you're done. If it does, paint another layer on top of the stripes and wait for that to dry. It can take 5-6 layers to get the detents high enough to work sometimes, depending on the initial bore of the barrel and how small your paint is.

If you want to remove the detents or re-do them, acetone or regular nail polish remover will take them right out without damaging anno.

Dudeindump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:26 PM #5
jing

thanks man!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:42 PM #6
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

Where I play the paint doesn't roll out of the SL-68ll's barrel. I guess the paint my field gets is pretty big for todays standards.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:14 AM #7
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Note that the above barrel is for an autococker.
(And not my cleanest work, I'll admit).
If you were doing this for an SL-68 II, the polish would need to start further into the barrel.
If on an SL68 II you were to paint the detents all the way to the breech rim of the barrel, as pictured above, that big thick O-ring on the front of the gun's bolt would become stuck in the detent ring.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:03 PM #8
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inflicted View Post
Note that the above barrel is for an autococker.
(And not my cleanest work, I'll admit).
If you were doing this for an SL-68 II, the polish would need to start further into the barrel.
If on an SL68 II you were to paint the detents all the way to the breech rim of the barrel, as pictured above, that big thick O-ring on the front of the gun's bolt would become stuck in the detent ring.
Could you get away with putting only 2 stripes?
Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 PM #9
natepb96
Sneaky Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jing View Post
I may be getting this as a starter pump gun,

Does it shoot well?

What tank / hopper should I get with it?

"May be a stupid question" But does a smaller tank like a 13/3000 have lower velocity? or would it shoot the same speed as a 68/4500

thanks!
The SL68-ll is nelson valves, so Co2 is the way to go. I also find that I get better velocity.It does shoot really well,I was very surprised when I first go it and shot it. It is pretty accurate as well.

It comes with a 50 round hopper that feeds well.

Last edited by natepb96 : 08-29-2012 at 02:11 PM.
natepb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 02:17 PM #10
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by natepb96 View Post
Could you get away with putting only 2 stripes?
Probably.
The reason I went with multiple contact points is that I was worried that having only one might cause the ball to spin.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote