Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 06:18 PM #23
ActionExpress
Alex Williams

ActionExpress plays in the PSP
ActionExpress plays in the APPA Pro division
Two way communication and cross field communication. It doesn't really help if someone is yelling "Back right" over and over again. You need to have a relaxed conversation with your teammates, find the bodies, and work together to move up the field.
Dye Precision
Santa Clara Paintball
ActionExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 PM #24
Team Misfit
Blue Thunder

Team Misfit is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Misfit owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Team Misfit supports Pev's Paintball
Team Misfit is attending Decay of Nations VI
Team Misfit supports DLX Technology
Communication , Determination , practice and wanting to win and playing your hardest in tourneys play your hardest go easy on veggies !
56/45 Empire Ultra Light Tank
Indianapolis Mutiny New England Hurricane Portland Uprising
Dorito Player | Blue Thunder
Team Misfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:12 AM #25
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
I believe there are three elements that most influence winning a paintball game of any kind. They are in this exact order.

1: Firepower superiority This is key because without it, communication, tactical advantage, won't mean a thing. The higher the rate of fire and the more ammunition your team has, then the better advantage you have over your team. This is the most important element hands down, so to answer the question of equipment, most tourneys have cap rate of fire. This allows players to not have to spend money on high end markers.

2. Team communication this has been covered from earlier posts. The key to communication IMO is 1. to communicate what you see. 2. communicate your body count (who's alive, who's not). and 3. Communicate what you need. I.E. to shoot the snake, or where you need a player to lane.

3. Tactical advantage the above elements are most important, but this is the key to both of them. You must shoot paint. You must communicate. But to win a game, you must make tactical movements in key areas of the field, or bunkers.

The more you focus on these three elements, the more successful your team will be. And in my opinion, the more games you will win.
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:08 PM #26
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundogHitman View Post
I believe there are three elements that most influence winning a paintball game of any kind. They are in this exact order.

1: Firepower superiority This is key because without it, communication, tactical advantage, won't mean a thing. The higher the rate of fire and the more ammunition your team has, then the better advantage you have over your team. This is the most important element hands down, so to answer the question of equipment, most tourneys have cap rate of fire. This allows players to not have to spend money on high end markers.

2. Team communication this has been covered from earlier posts. The key to communication IMO is 1. to communicate what you see. 2. communicate your body count (who's alive, who's not). and 3. Communicate what you need. I.E. to shoot the snake, or where you need a player to lane.

3. Tactical advantage the above elements are most important, but this is the key to both of them. You must shoot paint. You must communicate. But to win a game, you must make tactical movements in key areas of the field, or bunkers.

The more you focus on these three elements, the more successful your team will be. And in my opinion, the more games you will win.
Let me just tack on to the fire superiority that it isn't just shooting a lot of paint, if you don't know where to fire those ropes of paint then you might as well not be shooting at all. A good set of back players can lock a field down so their front players can move up. They can also need to respond to the needs of their front players, if guy A is shooting at your front player then the back player can put pressure on that guy, forcing him inside his bunker and let his front player move up.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 02:34 PM #27
GundogHitman
JUSTICE

GundogHitman plays in the PSP
GundogHitman owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
GundogHitman plays in the APPA D4 division
I was giving a broad answer to a broad question. There are several "what if's" regarding paintball games.

You give me a team with pump markers, and a team of equal skill with uncapped, ramp, and unlimited ammo... your winning team will be the latter.

You give me a team of equal skill and experience with the same rate of fire as an opposing team, but has duck tape on their mouths... you get the point.

The better your team is at all 3 elements, the better results your team will see at playing paintball be it scenario, or hyper. Those are my three focus points when running my drills.
GundogHitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:34 PM #28
jimbo79

At lower levels, its all about individual skill. One player can win games if he's good enough (especially in 3 man). Once everyone is at a more even level, its all about teamwork. Bottom line: be clutch. See moves. Make them. Get kills.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:19 AM #29
T2ainW2eck

Communication is key, A team that communicates well together wins games together simple as that.I cant tell you how many people I see with high end guns go owned within 10 seconds because they dont listen and just go off and do their own thing. Im constantly yelling out positions every game I play, and people come up to me afterwards all the time and thank me because they know where the other team is at all times. paintball is a team game its 50% teamwork and 50% skill.

Last edited by T2ainW2eck : 07-01-2012 at 12:24 AM.
T2ainW2eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:49 AM #30
LionheartPB
Lonely PBer

LionheartPB has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
@Jimbo .. spot on !
LionheartPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:33 AM #31
theocho86
Agent for hire

theocho86 plays in the PSP
theocho86 plays in the APPA beginner division
Ive been playing since 1999...jimbo is right..but wreck is also more precisely right....in a 1 2 3 breakdown, communication, movement and skill are three big ones....but i completly agree with both..low end to three man is more individualistic and gun skill focused; which deos teach independence, confidence and awarness fro the next step....but in the "big leagues" as nppl and psp for example, communication is far more important to your team than any one player can be...
#52 Free agent.
theocho86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:36 AM #32
theocho86
Agent for hire

theocho86 plays in the PSP
theocho86 plays in the APPA beginner division
As for paper cuts which i just read, i would say reorder it to 231...based on all i have experienced from the woods to the national tourneys.....it also doesnt hurt to play with the same group of people u have known for a really long time who are just as passionate as u are..lol btw
#52 Free agent.
theocho86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 PM #33
BlazeTSR
Getting rediculous

BlazeTSR plays in the PSP
BlazeTSR owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BlazeTSR plays in the APPA D5 division
The one thing that wins paintball games is team work. From that, your gameplans/break outs and communication really is what wins a match. If a team doesn't talk at all or work together to accomplish what each individual player needs at any given time they'll lose. If a team doesn't have a well thought out game plan/break out and the players don't know what their role is in that game plan it's going to be a lose.

Otherwise, the biggest thing i've seen is when a team doesn't take advantage or a kill by being aggressive. In paintball, it's not commonly a good thing to play a defensive game.

Skyline Paintball
BlazeTSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:31 PM #34
PaintballHazard
Ruckus Ruckus Ruckus

PaintballHazard owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
PaintballHazard plays in the APPA D4 division
Everyone knows what each other are doing off the break (who's where, who's shooting what lanes).
Communicate! Use bunker calls, codes for kills, and codes for how many bodies you've dropped.
Trust your back guy (for front players). Back players, get to know the body language and play style of your front player. This helps me a LOT when I want to bump up in the snake. My back guy knows when to shoot my tape without me telling him.
Play aggressive, not reckless. Be smart.
Pay attention to what your team mates are doing and where they are.
Seeing who's watching what lanes can help you not focus on the same lane and free you up.
Practice snap shooting, break outs, laning, run 'n gun, diving, slides, bunking, etc.

Trust is just a big key. When you train together and know everyone understands what to do, knows how to play, you can trust them with their job. If you're a front guy, you need to trust your back guy.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:39 AM #35
Chrismeisterpmc
C-Nasty

Chrismeisterpmc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Chrismeisterpmc plays in the APPA D4 division
Getting G's off the break and taking ground
Chris Hale #19
Chrismeisterpmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:25 PM #36
VSportsGuy

Annual Supporting Member
VSportsGuy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
VSportsGuy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
VSportsGuy supports DLX Technology
Everybody loves to say teamwork and communication and those things are important but I think the individual skill of the players wins games.

If you take a pro team and tell them they can't communicate during a game, I'm pretty sure they can still roll divisional opponents. They're just better paintball players...

The #1 thing I think you can do to become a better paintball player is to play tighter. Don't get shot out of your bunker. You'll win a lot of games if you have 5 guys that can do that.
VSportsGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM #37
anthony2714

anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony2714 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anthony2714 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Shooting people
Old 10-04-2012, 08:22 PM #38
Ian_Nottage
IlLuSiOn

Ian_Nottage owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ian_Nottage has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian_Nottage supports DLX Technology
Teamwork is what wins games. I had a valken vmax and an ion. A great beginner setup, But everyone who followed me had rental guns. Except for two people they had an ion. Our little squad took up the whole left side of the field and we came behind the other team and we won the game. We only had about 6 people with us. We just talked and moved up together. Not one at a time. If you have 6 people shooting the other team will stay down then you can move up. If you have one person shooting then that one person could get blasted. The people we took out had eteks. Some nice ions. And some other medium level guns. We just had tippmans and 2 ions and a older guy with a tippman a5. But we won because we all went together and took out good people. so as long as your team talks and helps each other out you will most likely win.
Ian_Nottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 09:52 PM #39
TheHoneyBadger
Front player SHPK sting

TheHoneyBadger supports Team VICIOUS
TheHoneyBadger supports Pev's Paintball
TheHoneyBadger has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
for my team, its counter punches and wide breakouts

Party in the front, buisness in the back. Exactly why I play front.
Make sure to subscribe to me on youtube: Sean60001
TheHoneyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 PM #40
Nikilwig
Double Up

Nikilwig plays in the PSP
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Nikilwig is for the Gunfight
Communication, controlled aggression, knowing the dynamics of the layout. Have to get good field position and capitalize on the opportunities you are given.

Have you shot a Vangaurd Demon yet?
Vanguard Demon | NXE | GI SPORTZ | Ninja Paintball | Warzone Paintball | Shadow Barrels | RAZA
Nikilwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:19 PM #41
jesseywithers
code red paintball

jesseywithers is playing at Living Legends VII
jesseywithers has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jesseywithers has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
jesseywithers supports Empire
Like the other's said. Teamwork is a great place to start

System X NME
Evil Minion 07
CODE RED PAINTBALL
jesseywithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:08 PM #42
kaiyak

Annual Supporting Member
kaiyak owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kaiyak has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaiyak has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kaiyak has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundogHitman View Post

This ^^^ Communication is key, taking what your opponent gives you, and laying down the paint, assuming you know how to lane (although G's off the break is the real solution to all of this)

As much as I hate to say it last tournament I played in cheating is what won them the game.....I don't cheat, I refuse to cheat, but it cannot be ignored as a winning factor for some teams.
Tri-City Legends #8
Collar City Shakedown #8
Brunswick, NY
Tri-City Extreme http://tricityextreme.com/ -enter Legends in the comment field when ordering
Proud member of the 518th Brigade
Proud member of TrashTalk Paintball

Luxe 2.0, Clone GTi, and 2014 Vapor F/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...009&highlight=

DM14 F/S/T http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post81931321
kaiyak is offline   Reply With Quote