Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2010, 01:05 AM #1
smartparts1991 (Banned)

Question How do I use a DYE Hyper 3 Regulator Tester?!

I ordered a DYE hyper 3 reg tester and it came in a few days ago, and I just now got around to playing with it so how do I use it?

THANKS
smartparts1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2010, 07:41 PM #2
52split

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartparts1991 View Post
I ordered a DYE hyper 3 reg tester and it came in a few days ago, and I just now got around to playing with it so how do I use it?

THANKS
Make sure your marker is degassed and tank removed. Remove the macro line from the hyper 3 reg. Next remove the hyper reg from the NT (easily removed, see manual). Now attach the macro line again to the hyper 3 and screw the reg tester to the top of the reg. Now hook up your tank and air up the reg. The reg tester will show what pressure your hyper 3 reg is set at.

When you are done, degas the marker and the reg tester. Remove the tank. Remove the macroline from the hyper 3, remove the reg tester, and install hyper 3 back onto the NT. Attach macroline again and you are set to go.
52split is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 09:57 PM #3
smartparts1991 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52split View Post
Make sure your marker is degassed and tank removed. Remove the macro line from the hyper 3 reg. Next remove the hyper reg from the NT (easily removed, see manual). Now attach the macro line again to the hyper 3 and screw the reg tester to the top of the reg. Now hook up your tank and air up the reg. The reg tester will show what pressure your hyper 3 reg is set at.

When you are done, degas the marker and the reg tester. Remove the tank. Remove the macroline from the hyper 3, remove the reg tester, and install hyper 3 back onto the NT. Attach macroline again and you are set to go.

Thanks
smartparts1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:53 PM #4
1991stang

1991stang plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52split View Post

Bringing back a old thread here. What exactly is the point of the tester? i saw one of these online and got curious on what it does because i have never in all the years i have been playing seen anyone do this to there regulator

PaintBall Marker Stands For Sale
My 100% feedback

New England Blizzard
1991stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 PM #5
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
Too see what your reg is outputting for trouble shooting.
More so for the NT to set your pressure to where you need to be and then adjust velocity via the spacers. The hpr on the NT was only meant to be tuned very slightly for fine adjustments. If you over pressurize the marker with too high of an input pressure from the reg the solenoid vents as a safety feature. I think it vents around 160 psi, I could be wrong.
Testers in general help with trouble shooting and isolating potential issues. If you know your reg is not creeping, is recharging fine, or is otherwise trouble free you know your issue is not your regulator and you can stop messing around with it. It's also good for setting to factory settings in the event you need to trouble shoot.

"Only the foolish believe suffering is just wages for being different. Only the savage regard the endurance of pain as the measure of worth. Only the insane equate pain with success."

PBR Feedback +26/-0 PBN Feedback +16/-0 IOG Feedback +10/-0
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 PM #6
1991stang

1991stang plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17 View Post
Too see what your reg is outputting for trouble shooting.
More so for the NT to set your pressure to where you need to be and then adjust velocity via the spacers. The hpr on the NT was only meant to be tuned very slightly for fine adjustments. If you over pressurize the marker with too high of an input pressure from the reg the solenoid vents as a safety feature. I think it vents around 160 psi, I could be wrong.
Testers in general help with trouble shooting and isolating potential issues. If you know your reg is not creeping, is recharging fine, or is otherwise trouble free you know your issue is not your regulator and you can stop messing around with it. It's also good for setting to factory settings in the event you need to trouble shoot.
Thank you!

PaintBall Marker Stands For Sale
My 100% feedback

New England Blizzard
1991stang is offline   Reply With Quote