PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-06-2012, 01:05 PM #1
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

TheAntiHeroHimself has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mask fans; Ventilation vs Exhaust

So, here goes; From what I hear MOST of the time, when people install fans inside their mask, they USUALLY place the fan as an EXHAUST fan inside the goggle portion of the mask. I've also heard of people placing an intake AND an exhaust fan, one on each side of the goggle.

Now I thought this was the only available option until I came upon something a tad-bit different.

It's essentially a PC EXHAUST fan in front of the mouth, running constantly.

Now my question is; Which is best? Goggle Exhaust only, Goggle exhaust and intake, or mouth exhaust, or even all of the above?
"Through continued testing of the SA-17 marker, our Quality Control Department has identified a potential issue. The problem is described as: A CO2 cartridge may fly out of the marker and impact a user." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!1

"I shaved a kiwi, once..."

Marine Recon Squad's Medic(Blue team, yellow squad) at Operation EndWar; The Eleventh Hour 2012. HOORAH!

Callsign: "ENDGAME"
TheAntiHeroHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2012, 01:46 PM #2
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Is a fan system really necessary? What sort of mask are you using that fogs up that much?
I've been using JT Proflex's for a long time and I never have issues with fog. ever.
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:24 PM #3
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

I'm using a Rap4 hawkeye. I'm sure the fog isn't THAT bad in standard weather conditions, but I played Operation EndWar 2 weeks ago, and after the rain, the humidity was through the roof(not mentioning the 90 weather). This system isn't for EVERY game I'll play; just for those extra humid ones, something to back me up during those said games. A DIY fan mod is also relatively inexpensive, so it's not much of a monetary concern, plus I love building stuff. I'd also like to wear my glasses under my mask and I couldn't do that last time because of the overwhelming fog, so I'm sure a ventilation system would reduce the fogging on my glasses also.

So, saying I do need a fan system, what would be best?
"Through continued testing of the SA-17 marker, our Quality Control Department has identified a potential issue. The problem is described as: A CO2 cartridge may fly out of the marker and impact a user." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!1

Marine Recon Squad's Medic(Blue team, yellow squad) at Operation EndWar; The Eleventh Hour 2012. HOORAH!

Old 08-07-2012, 08:24 AM #4
turmoil
that's the bottom line

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
Makes much more sense now.
I'd be curious to see how the one you posted in the link would actually feel. It seems like the fan would be way to close to your mouth, but I don't know how that specific mask actually fits.

The only fan system i've ever tried was the one for the JT line and it was okay. It was a little loud and I don't remember it clearing the fog all that well.
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:43 AM #5
firebirdjimbo
Arms Dealer

firebirdjimbo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
firebirdjimbo has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firebirdjimbo has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
have an exhuast fan for the goggle portion. don't make it an intake and exhaust or you'll have too much airflow and it will be like wind blowing in your eyes and your eyes will tear up.

Email/paypal: firebirdjimbo@yahoo.com
always buying failed polishing projects/ugly bastards
firebirdjimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:33 PM #6
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebirdjimbo View Post
have an exhuast fan for the goggle portion. don't make it an intake and exhaust or you'll have too much airflow and it will be like wind blowing in your eyes and your eyes will tear up.
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks. This is the kind of answer I was waiting for. I think that with a hydration pack, a magnetic lens wiper and a fan system, heat and fog shouldn't be too much of an issue.

And again, THANKS! Eh!

Old 08-23-2012, 01:24 AM #7
joshsmithers
HAMPTON HAVOC

joshsmithers supports Team VICIOUS
joshsmithers is reppin' sidebar 4 life
joshsmithers has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When I did my DIY fan system on my mask I set up the fans for intake on top of the mask. It worked and didn't irritate my eyes, but it was loud. I was young then and couldn't afford a good mask, but now i just buy good masks.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 PM #8
ras_hatak

ras_hatak is BST Trusted
ras_hatak owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
ras_hatak has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ras_hatak has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ras_hatak has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I know this is super late to here, but did you go through with it? I'm interested to hear how it worked out for you!