Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-21-2012, 02:02 PM #1
FadedDav3

What is the connection with Gi Milsim guns?

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3857000

So, Im fairly new in the last year to paintball.

I had a Tippmann A5 that was garbage and I lost faith in the cyclone system so I got a GoG G1. And it is great.

Anyway, I have in the past weeks discovered Gi Milsim and noticed they have the exact same guns, except they are 50cal.

What is the connection? Does GOG license their guns to GI milsim for 50 cal? Do they both license from some other company? Does one own the other?

I have read that SP went belly up for a number of reasons including going after patents on all sorts of things and suing companies left right and center.

Could I please get the full story - summarized if needed lol. I have seen there are threads insanely long.

What is the connection between gog and gi milsim? :S
FadedDav3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2012, 08:07 PM #2
RogueShooter

From my understanding GI and SP partnered to make the .50 cal guns. Neither ever owned the other. I'm not sure what happened to that agreement after the SP breakup. As for why SP went under it had nothing to do with the patent disputes and lawsuits and such (and there's a lot of conflicting opinions as to how all that went down, personally I take the "I wasn't there, so I don't know" position). SP had a loan/line of credit with a bank and that bank got itself into trouble and had to call in the loan, despite SP never having missed a payment. They didn't have the cash on hand to pay back the loan and were essentially forced into bankruptcy. Lots of shennanigans afoot there and I'm sure we'll probably never know the whole story. What was left of SP reorganized as the GOG we know today.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 PM #3
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
GI Milsim had SP/GOG make the guns for them. The end. Smart Parts closing had nothing to do with any of their patent filings.

Also, kindly stop posting this everywhere, it's annoying and un-needed. Same goes for the Facebook page.

There is no conspiracy behind this, if you want to know all the in's and outs, do what everyone else has done, read. I know for a fact a lot of it is on PbN as I posted a good portion of the information.

Thank's for buying the G-1, it's a great marker. Also be sure to join the G1OG.com

Last edited by deltapaintball : 08-21-2012 at 11:42 PM.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:22 AM #4
FadedDav3

Thanks all!
FadedDav3 is offline   Reply With Quote