Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 PM #1
sir mister sir

Breach loader

This is my breach load system for the main gun in my tank. I only post this because I haven't seen anybody do this.......but I may be mistaken

Excuse all the other crap this is the third gun set up and there are a few pieces left over...

I started out with a section of 2"pvc. I cut a hole in the side about an inch from the bottom, just big enough for a nerf to fit in.

Then I got a section of exhaust pipe that would fit snugly over the pvc. cut a hole to match the pvc. and welded a end cap on with a 3/4 pipe fitting on the end for the air to enter.

I also cut a groove in the pvc around the hole to put a square cut o-ring in to help seal between the pvc and exhaust pipe.

Now just slide a nerf in and twist the metal pipe and fire. With 30 psi I get over 300 feet at about 30 degrees.

This photo you can just see the yellow o-ring

I fill this tank off the main tank (5gal.) or off a co2 bottle.

I used this set up because I messed up the gun mount and I don't have much room when the gun is elevated or when I turn the turret.

Anyway hope it comes in handy for someone else some day.

Happy hunting !!
sir mister sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2012, 12:32 PM #2
JESTERTLS

I consider myself a paintball tank expert. And I have to say I am so jealous of your tank. Awesome tank and set up.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:26 AM #3
sir mister sir

Thanks for the compliment !!
sir mister sir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:18 PM #4
Thunder-Tek
"Ordnance Support Unit"

WoW

Man that is the best looking tank I have seen and I have seen alot of them!Do you have a build thread anywhere or photos. It gets nothing but high marks from me.Great Job.
http://www.combatpaintball.proboards.com
"If you think your safe,think again"
Thunder-Tek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:47 PM #5
hardboy

Really cool tank.
The Black Korps
hardboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:53 PM #6
Boom Master
Scenario Player

I have tank envy as well..... Beautiful.

Drilling and taping the cap of a sprinkler valve compromises the structural integrity of the valve. I caution other builders Not to make this common modification.

First, the electric solenoid works just as well. So why all the work and expense?

Second, you can buy a Orbit sprinkler valve that has a manual valve already on it. So, again, why all the work and expense?

http://www.orbitonline.com/products/.../02/16/04/644/

That little lever next to the solenoid is the manual trigger. Flips 90 degrees. Used one in a RPG for several years.

The answer is: There is a belief that using a shop air trigger will open the valve faster than the electronic or manual valve mechanisms of the manufacturer. Thus producing more velocity with the same set up.

I have done both and short of a scientific study, can't tell any functional difference in the performance of the cannon. Same set up produced the same performance.

Now if you just have to do this, use a RAINBIRD VALVE. Cost the same.

http://store.rainbird.com/product/detail/B72421-M.aspx

It just so happens the solenoid thread diameter and pitch is the SAME as a pipe thread. But it is NOT NPT (pipe) thread so you have to epoxy or JB Weld Epoxy a reducer fitting into the threads. Because the epoxy blocks the port into the cap, you have to drill it out the same diameter as the original port.

Then you have to block the vent port that the solenoid works on. A simple wood screw will block it. Might want to do that before you do the epoxy fitting.

Then use standard plumbing fittings to your manual shop air picture.

Lets be SAFE out there. No need to risk injury to yourself or others when there is a safer way with minimal additional expense.

I see a LOT of cannon rules these day that prohibit any modification of the valve or pressure chamber that involves drilling, tapping, gluing in any way. There is a reason for that.

Still in a tank, the most likely victim is the occupants of the tank. Not likely to sue themselves or the field. Never seen a tanks cannon inspected for safe construction. Just chronoed.

Questions? I have pics and happy to walk you though this. Just e mail me:

ddupont@charter.net

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......

Last edited by Boom Master : 12-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote