Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-15-2012, 11:31 PM #1
Kailua Boys

Empire E Vents Vent Problem

So title explains it, I got shot in the mask, and it somehow got to the crease where the mask meets the lens, and i guess the lens has a protective plastic layer on the inside, it got inside that and there is a thin layer of paint like in my lens, I was wondering if anyone haad this problem and if so, howd you fix it, Its kinda distracting.
Thanks everybody
Kailua Boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM #2
Empire's Ghost
Philly Onslaught

Empire's Ghost owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Empire's Ghost supports Team VICIOUS
Empire's Ghost supports Team VICIOUS
Empire's Ghost posts videos on PbNation
Empire's Ghost plays in the APPA D5 division
I have it too. Idk how youd really go about fixing it. I leave it the and its fine for me. Its in between the thermal and the lens.
Empire's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM #3
NJEmortal
The i3 Guy

Annual Supporting Member
NJEmortal is BST Legit
NJEmortal posts videos on PbNation
Maybe it's time for a new lens? $30 is a lot cheaper and more convenient than losing an eye...
NJEmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 PM #4
WillIbe

You can take out the lense and separate the two halves, clean it thoroughly and stick it back Together Don't use superglue or other adhesives that could weaken the lense
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:20 PM #5
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillIbe View Post
You can take out the lense and separate the two halves, clean it thoroughly and stick it back Together Don't use superglue or other adhesives that could weaken the lense
Or you can buy a new one and not take that chance of loosing an eye.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:28 PM #6
WillIbe

This is a common enough issue, I have done it many times, the inner thermal has no bearing on the structural integrity of the outer lense, in fact you can remove the inner thermal altogether if you want to, then you will have a single pane lense. As long as you don't use any type of glue, you won't have to worry. Again, I can safely say, there is no harm in doing this. I have suggested this in prior threads and get similar answers from different people who are just content with paying for a new lense instead of using common sense. I get people fearing that which we do not fully understand, BUT, they are your eyes, so do what suits you. I just say Why throw away a perfectly good lense? What if it gets water in it? Throw it away? Or use your knowledge and experience to fix it? It's clear the OP hasn't dealt with this before, thus the question, I offer my answer from experience which is worth what it's worth.
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote