PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-22-2012, 08:26 AM #1
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster

Injuries

Sorry this may be in the wrong section, but it is a sports related injury and we have no medical section, so this was my best guess. And I realize you are not doctors, but, being the sports section, I've figured you might have experienced some injuries.

So friday I was out with some friends playing Ultimate Frisbee. I was walking backwards when I tripped over someone else. Fell backwords and outstretched both my arms behind me to break my fall. Now, my right wrist hurts like hell and my left forearm does as well(yay rhyming!).

My right wrist I can rotate, bend forward slightly, and move all of my fingers without pain. I cannot bend it backwards or all the way forwards without severe pain though.

My left forearm I can bend the elbow most of the way and straighten it most of the way without pain. But, I physically cannot completely bend or straighten it, and I cannot rotate it without severe pain.

I didnt go to the urgent care because there is no swelling, no abnormal shapes, and the pain is only associated with movements. I've fractured my wrist and hand before(2 separate times) and both times they swelled very noticably and the pain was constant.

From what I've read online, I could have sprained my wrist and could have hyper-extended my elbow. Do you think this is most likely the case? Because I woke up this morning and the pain is worse and its been 2 days now.

However, when I fractured my wrist and hand, both instances were very minor things to cause the fracture just like the backwards fall I recently had. It's embarassing and I'm beginning to think I may have HPP(Hypophosphatasia).

Originally Posted by Alan777..."Sunny and Wilfred are my fags."
SmallBaller712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-23-2012, 08:17 AM #2
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster

Well... you guys were extremely helpful. Just an update. My wrist and elbow are fractured

Old 07-23-2012, 08:24 AM #3
Ryan3773 (Banned)

You came to a paintball forum and asked for help with an injury. There is something wrong with you, more than just a few fractured bones, if this was your first choice for medical advice.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 PM #4
SmallBaller712
XBL - WookyMonster

Hardly my first choice. Just looking for opinions

Old 07-24-2012, 02:11 AM #5
Ryan3773 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBaller712
Hardly my first choice. Just looking for opinions