PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 01:02 PM #1
Ironboy360

Bt sa17 vs TPX

Hi! any advice on this two.I know are different look different but I cant decide,please post pros and cons or send me a link I can use as a guide.I plan to use it as a back up for woods pump play since i dont use AT yet I might try a hand gun....
Old 04-07-2012, 01:28 PM #2
Tenit

I was excited about the SA 17 until I saw one and realized how long they are. If they shrunk them I'd be happy with them
Old 08-20-2012, 10:02 PM #3
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
well the biggest pros for the bt sa17 is simplicity,uses barrel inserts and price. the cons are its lack of a reg and size. the tpx cons is pretty much price. It has way more upgrades, internal reg and doesn't look like it was made for robocop.
if its just a sidearm I would go with the bt sa17.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 PM #4
diet_popcorn

yea, 10 round tubes for the sa-17 are MUCH cheaper than 7 round magazines for the TPX and the tubes obviously hold more. A pro for both is that the CO2 cartridges are very easy to change, and require no tools. They both have remote line adapters as well.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM #5
TheEnglishGuy

If you're looking for a backup pistol to carry around, I'd say it would have to be the TPX. The SA is just much too big. Also the TPX doesn't puncture the CO2 until first trigger pull, so you know it won't be empty due to a leak when you need to use it. Yes it's more expensive but it's smaller/lighter making it nicer to carry around all day and the mags make it quicker/easier to reload.

If you're considering wanting to use the marker as a primary, then the SA is definitely more flexible to use (stock, mock suppressor and RipClip turns it into a nice rifle).

English
Old 01-08-2013, 09:06 PM #6
weiss1172
lt. toker

weiss1172 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hey guys! here is my two cents, I own the SA-17 and a tac 8 all thou I love shooting both I like the fact that I can carry tubes instead of magazines. I have test fired both and I get almost 30 shots per Co2 tube with the SA-17 and I can get almost 27 if not 27 shots with the tac 8. I bought the bt holster for the SA-17 and it holds it pretty good, bulky but good.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:36 PM #7
scottycms
Pointman

TPX and get a first strike mod with some zetamags (20 rd mags) and a remote line you got yourself a beast of a sidearm. Youll be shocked at the accuracy of it. Ive heard the 8"bigshot assault barrel is nice too I just havent tried it. If anyone has let me know if its worth it.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:26 PM #8
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy is BST Legit
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
I'm gonna close this thread.

3) No threads will be permitted on the subject of “BT vs. ______”, where the blank may be the name of any other paintball gun. This is the BT forum, so anyone who posts a “Which is better: BTs or _____” thread already knows that they will receive overwhelming support for the BT. Thus, any such thread is a pointless waste of site bandwidth and will be closed or deleted, and the offending user will be warned. The one exception to this rule is threads which pit one “model” of BT against another. Since these threads are not inherently biased toward one side or the other, they will be permitted.