Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM #1
brandondeane2

Geo 2.1 ? (o-rings/hold?) Help please...

Hi everyone. I don't post much in here but ever time I have everyone has helped me out greatly. I have been having two issues with my 2.1...

Issue #1

I replaced all of the O-rings in my gun and have been having some bolt stick issues. I purchased the official Planet Eclipse O-Ring kit and replaced every O-ring EXACTLY with the ones on the manual. When I went to chrono I noticed there was alot of FSDO at stock dwell. I upped the dwell to 14.5 and the gun cycled and shot smoothly with no first shot drop off. After a few cases the gun was still having FSDO at any dwell lower than 14.5. I realize this is probably being caused by sticktion in one of the O-Rings, but does anyone have any idea which one? I realize that even the same size O-rings have variances even with the same size so maybe I could swap it out with a different one within in the same size. I don't really have any problems running it at 14.5 but it isn't doing that well in the efficiency department. Does anyone have a video hand fitting guide or a thread where they discuss O-ring sizing? (I have seen several videos on other markers where they go through hand fitting O-rings for spool valve guns). Will this gun possibly break in more and run at least stock dwell or should I change something?

p.s. I am using planet eclipse lube just like I was before the O-ring change and I have watched the demo videos by PE about greasing your maker so I really don't think its a lubrication issue.

Moving on to #2

I was playing in a local tourney yesterday and my gun stopped shooting. I looked at the display it said HOLD just like it would if you were holding down the middle button to power the gun on. Nothing would get the gun to reset, holding down the middle, tapping the middle, touching all the buttons. The only way I got it to reset was to pull the battery out. I was using a brand new energizer industrial since it was a tournament. Does this sound like a battery issue, a possible board issue or what? I replaced the battery and it seems to be working fine it just went down at a really bad time. I hold my gun pretty firmly but have only shut it off during a game on myself once or twice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and if I may have missed a thread or something in my searches please point it out to me. Much appreciated!

-Brandon

Last edited by brandondeane2 : 08-20-2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: add on.
brandondeane2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2012, 02:25 AM #2
dznuts007
www.oringmonkey.com

Annual Supporting Member
dznuts007 is playing at Living Legends VI
dznuts007 is playing at Living Legends VII
dznuts007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dznuts007 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dznuts007 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
dznuts007 is Legendary
dznuts007 supports DLX Technology
Orings do have variances, but usually it's in the thousandths of an inch. I know you already said you replaced them EXACTLY as the ones on the manual but the ones that I can think of that might be problematic are:
1) Prop Shaft oring
2) Bolt Sail oring

The reason why I didn't put the inner can oring is because if you put the wrong oring in there, you will definitely know because if it's too big it won't fit in there or if it's too small it'll be hanging out

Sounds like something might be causing your middle button to stick. Try re-seating your board or inspecting that button console. Possibly the battery may have been pressing the board against the frame?
dznuts007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:42 AM #3
brandondeane2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dznuts007 View Post
Orings do have variances, but usually it's in the thousandths of an inch. I know you already said you replaced them EXACTLY as the ones on the manual but the ones that I can think of that might be problematic are:
1) Prop Shaft oring
2) Bolt Sail oring

The reason why I didn't put the inner can oring is because if you put the wrong oring in there, you will definitely know because if it's too big it won't fit in there or if it's too small it'll be hanging out

Sounds like something might be causing your middle button to stick. Try re-seating your board or inspecting that button console. Possibly the battery may have been pressing the board against the frame?
Thank you I figured I could try a couple differnent O-Rings within the same size just wasn't sure which ones to try. My chrono is at a friends house so ill gt it back and let you know. Also on thr board issue you might be right I will pull it out and the. Retighten everythig down. Anyone think it could have been a bunk battery? The whole thing was just wierd to me how it wouldn't reset. Thanks for the help ill let you know.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:58 PM #4
Mr Idiot Box
Rubber Ducky Pump Squad

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Mr Idiot Box owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandondeane2 View Post
Thank you I figured I could try a couple differnent O-Rings within the same size just wasn't sure which ones to try. My chrono is at a friends house so ill gt it back and let you know. Also on thr board issue you might be right I will pull it out and the. Retighten everythig down. Anyone think it could have been a bunk battery? The whole thing was just wierd to me how it wouldn't reset. Thanks for the help ill let you know.
Try a high-quality lithium-ion 9 V battery I've always had good luck with those. They last forever and put out the proper voltage for the boards. cheap dollar store batteries are the number one cause of problems with any planet eclipse marker.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:33 AM #5
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ive noticed of all the orings the 14x2's seem to have the largest noticeable variance size wise oring to oring.

i always hand fit orings... i.e

put oring on check if its really really tight or really really loose then change for another oring i do this 4-5 times then i pick the oring that i think has the best medium between seal and smoothness. try doing that with the 14x2's

then do the norm... fresh lube, fresh brand name battery, check noid filter for debris, check hpr, reset board to stock, try a couple of different air tanks, make sure the paint-bore is roughly matching.

to "wear in" new orings a little i take the detents out and then turn the hpr down til the bolt fully cycles but isnt shooting at full force then put a couple of hundred dry fires through it then take out the dt and relube to see if there any excess blackness/debris that could be from a dud oring...

(note it is not recommended to dry fire pe guns but i go out on a limb and figure as long as the gun isnt shooting a full shot there is less chance of damage over a few hundred fires)
vxmaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:04 AM #6
brandondeane2

I will definately try some different O-Rings and see if I get a different result. As far as batteries I know they're usually a if you use cheap ones, the battery in question was a brand new energizer industrial 9v, I only use energizer/duracell/energy paintball batteries but I might have just got a bad one, it picked a really bad time to die on me though lol. I will let everyone knows what happens at the Chrono when I play this weekend.

Thanks again for your time.

-Brandon
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 PM #7
brandondeane2

I think its fixed :)

Hey guys, I tried changing out the prop shaft O-Ring first, I was getting decent chrono (no/very minimal FSDO) readings at a dwell of 12.5. Since that O-Ring seemed to fix the dwell issue I didn't change out any others. As far as the battery issue it seems to be working fine with another battery of the exact same kind so maybe it was just a bunk battery, if it happens again I'll repost. Thanks for the help everyone!

-Brandon
Old 08-29-2012, 09:45 PM #8
vxmaniac

vxmaniac has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
give it a couple of cases for the oring to wear in and it should be smooth sailing
vxmaniac is online now   Reply With Quote