Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-17-2012, 04:59 PM #1
dannyboy768

Stem o-ring for hyper 2

Anyone know any methods for replacing the tiny 007 o-ring inside the stem of the Hyper 2 regulator? The stem is so narrow I can barely see anything in there let alone replace a tiny o-ring. If I use a q-tip the damn o-ring sticks to it and when I pull the q-tip out the o-ring comes with it

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3996596
dannyboy768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2012, 05:20 PM #2
jojo750
shocktech DM5

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jojo750 is Boss
jojo750 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I use a Allen key that is slightly larger than the oring. I have the ball-end ones and that usually works for me. Puts even pressure on the oring.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:00 PM #3
dannyboy768

This doesnt seem to work, I oiled the o-ring up and used a size 3/16 ball end allen key, I drop the o-ring down the stem and line it up and then press on it with the allen key. It just wont go in! Any other ideas?

Old 08-17-2012, 06:23 PM #4
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
I have a small metal tube the same diameter as the o-ring that I drilled out to accomodate the piston stem. I can use it to push the o-ring into place with the piston already installed, stops the o-ring from trying to turn or pop out of place.

One of several tools I've built to make things easier. But you could also use a small dowel rod to push the o-ring in to place. I don't like using hex keys for it, because if the o-ring is stubborn the hex key can dent/cut it up a bit.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:23 PM #5
dannyboy768

I found a very easy way of installing this o-ring incase any one else is having trouble. Tie a very thin string and drop the end of the string through the hole at the bottom of the stem, then pull the o-ring into the groove and adjust it with a ball end allen key. Then take an exacto knife and cut the string as short as possible. I did this and left a tiny bit of string on the o-ring, built the rest of the reg, aired it up. No problems at all.