Community Focus

Old 07-13-2012, 01:54 PM #85
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

has been a member for 10 years
Still in hamster testing phase
then to yaboydake clinical trials
then mass release

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
]TSS[ Dake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2012, 03:22 PM #86
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

Literally was at work for 1-hour today.

Came in.
Logged on.
Call from friends, they needed picked up from Ranger School for their 8-hour pass.
Drove them around (not allowed to drive on pass).
Went to work from 12-1pm.
Went to doctor's appointment.
Got done at 3pm.
**** going back to work.

tl;dr: Will finish the excel this weekend, sorry for delay.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:41 PM #87
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

We should make it a wiki page.

just saying.

Bats make the world a better place. To find out how and sponsor them, click here.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:53 PM #88
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel

Thanks to Nick Hammond Design!

No wiki page because it would end up with explosive jumping jacks for myoreps
Old 07-13-2012, 03:56 PM #89
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Gangster, I dig it.

and

Old 07-13-2012, 04:02 PM #90
CobraXX
Klasic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
[IMG]http://www.ogrestrength.com/ogrestrengthheader.png[IMG]

Thanks to Nick Hammond Design!

No wiki page because it would end up with explosive jumping jacks for myoreps
"Basically just take control of your life man and transcend your environment. Realize there is no need to be bored when there is nearly an infinite amount of mysteries yet to be discovered in our universe. Even closer to infinite is the things you have yet to learn in life, that you could be learning everyday. Don't take any second of your life for granted man."
CobraXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:09 PM #91
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
After working with his paintball products and seeing his knowledge in this forum, I would buy pretty much anything from Lurker at this point.
Old 07-13-2012, 07:31 PM #92
paintballh00dlum
lightweight

paintballh00dlum has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
After working with his paintball products and seeing his knowledge in this forum, I would buy pretty much anything from Lurker at this point.

We PM eachother talking about lifting related things (training, dieting) and I found out over the course of the last 3 months the things he says also gets said by the big experienced guys at other forums i lurk on. I am normally very skeptical when one person tells me something because I always question it, but when it gets repeated by very educated and advanced bodybuilders on other forums I know its not bull****.

Not trying to be an *** kisser here just wanted to point out he really knows his ****.
paintballh00dlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:35 PM #93
hsilman
Disgustipated

Is there a good way to run this protocol less than 5 days a week? Just stick with LEMUR 1.5?
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:56 PM #94
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
LEMUR 1.5 is probably better for 3

If you are trying to do 5 but only make 4 with this but continue with the next day instead of being married to a bodypart on a day of the week I reckon 5 out of 8 days would do fine.
Old 07-14-2012, 02:59 PM #95
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Chad this does hit chest and tris twice. Do one week as written, I guarantee you will not want more
Old 07-14-2012, 03:05 PM #96
Death_Taco
Come at me bro.

1) So our gym doesn't have a Smith machine, so incline presses aren't possible. HS Incline with wide-grip good?

2) Don't trust my back (yet) with somersault squats. Leg extensions as a substitute?
Old 07-14-2012, 03:08 PM #97
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

I do Paramount rotary shoulders for my volume work. Just gotta make it work for you, my man.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:30 PM #98
hsilman
Disgustipated

I will say, I did the windmills with 5# weights to warm up my shoulders. I already have a warmup routine for them, but this felt like a good addition.

If I do lemur style training, I'll most likely stick to the 1.5, 3x a week schedule.
hsilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:55 PM #99
]TSS[ Dake
Insight and Hilarity

Proposed athletic tweaks in bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
shoulders

Dynamic Warm up: weighted windmills/external internal rotators

5 sets 5 reps 30% 1rm ballistic bench, paused at bottom

Preactivate: Standing Push press, single up to 90% 1 rm

~ 5 mins rest

Power/Myoreps sets: Corner press, myorep style

Volume work: 6 sets of 12, <30s rest between sets, Smith or hammer strength shoulder press.

Detail work: 3 sets of 10, 1 arm DB raise. No momentum, all the way up to above the level of your head to feel the squeeze. No ego lifting, I only use 35-40s and you aren't as strong as me. (DYEGYE possible exception)

Extra upper body press work: dips, 3 sets of 20+ to failure. That's unweighted for me, but dirty freaks like dake may bolt on a 45 anyway.

(No good place for KAATSU work today IMO, unless you want to do a dedicated tri lift)

Abs/Hips:

Warmup legs/stretch hip flexors

some bodyweight squats

3-5 sets of 3-5 jumping free bar squat (trying for max height), 20-30% 1RM. Learn to land softly, btw. I use 155 and it feels really good.

Hip thrust: preactivate my going up with heavy triples, keep the eccentric explosive and be sure to get full extension (hyperextended hips). This is where you're use SLDL or deads, but I don't recommend anything more aggressive than a triple.

rest 5 min

LEMUR/Myo rep sets: Hip thrust, try for a 1-2s hold in extended position

Heavy shrugs, 3 sets to failure, squeeze/hold at top (but can cheat to get it up)

superset: 5 sets: hang cleans (sets of 5-10 with reasonable weight) with ab exercise of your choice, I prefer rollouts or dragon flag, to failure.

super set: 3 sets: favorite ab exercise with favorite calf exercise (can kaatsu this if your calves lag). If you wanted to put adductor abductor here instead of calf work i'm good with that.

*I do my hang clean/rollout supersets without releasing the bar

Back/Bis

Preactivate: weighted Wide grip chins
rest
Myorep sets: also wide gripped chins, try to get some body incine to work the whole of the upper back

One-arm bb corner rows, heavy, explosive, myorep style. The idea on these is to use the 1 arm positioning to start from a stretch position, then explode using the whole of your upper back, and try as hard as you can to squeeze at the top (you won't be able to, but we're just looking for maximum tension.

5 sets of 12 - incline rear flye, full stretch at the bottom, full contraction at the top, short rest, no ego.

Preactivate: Undergrip CGPulldowns

Cheat standing BB curls, Myoreps style

3 sets db curls across the center of the body, full stretch, strict form

5 sets of 12 detail work, either cable crossovers while stretching, or a FULL range preacher/spider curl. I cannot stress how important it is to get the full stretch to the point where the muscle relaxes at the bottom, this lets the blood "reload"...you'll feel what i mean. These sets re where one could add kaatsu occlusion if desired.

Do the weighted hanging stretches and a bicep extreme stretch on your way out. Very important day for stretching.

Chest

Warmup shoulders (external + internal rotators, 5-10lb windmills, slow and controlled

Slight decline or flat BB bench - Preactivate

Rest 5 minutes

Myorep sets, DB bench

Wide grip incline partial presses on the smith (your grip is wide so that at 90 degrees of elbow flexion you have a lot of stretch on the chest already). Explosive concentric but not ballistic.

4 sets, reverse pyramidding down, but with sufficient rest...like 6 on the first set, working up to 10-14 on the last set.

3 sets DB incline to failure(ish, not super hard DC failure), focus on MMC and drop your weights. Immediately following your last set here begin:

3-5 sets with low rest, high reps, cable crossovers or db flyes. Stretch, contraction. No ego, just burn on these. Could occlude here.

3 sets narrow grip press (whatever you prefer for heavy pressing tricep work, at this point your chest is destroyed

DC style 3 set rest pause lurker extension or skull crusher (pulling style tricep movement with emphasis on stretch)

tricep and chest stretches.

Legs

Warmup for squats

When working up to preactivation, before each set, with bodyweight, jump as high as you can out of the squat position (dynamic preactivation).

Preactivate squat (heavy, easy double with fast bar speed)

LEMUR style drop set on squats (you may have to massively drop weight after the first set to stay safe)

Walking Lunges, 2 sets to failure

One-leg step-up for pump, 4 sets of 20+ to failure

Ham curls (or light SLDL) ham curls, 5 second + negative, explosive concentric, ~1 second hold at contraction. 3 sets of 15

Heavy biceps (cheat curl or cg pulldown)
DC style 3xF drop set

biceps exercise of choice with good stretch and full range of motion, superset with calves work of choice (10+ reps on the bicep weight.)
3 supersets

Also did twisting/side ab work this day last couple weeks and very much enjoyed.
plz advice