Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 PM #43
littlechris630

littlechris630 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
My spacer is a pain to get on and also very hard to get off, so I feel like it is seated good, but the spacer does have some play is that ok? Once I get it tuned in and feel good about it seems like I can't consistency over the chrono. I have tried diff oring setups on guide etc... But seems like I don't get good consistency anyone had and fixed this issue? Thanks for ur help

New axe one case of paint threw it
Scepter insert kit
littlechris630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2012, 02:11 PM #44
L3G0
Mini Master

L3G0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
L3G0 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
L3G0 is attending Decay of Nations VI
a little bit of play is okay, but if it slides off the back then that is a problem!
Blue V2 Invert Mini - Lurker Eigenbolt, Black Virtue Grips, Blue Virtue Eyes, Virtue Redefined Board, Empire Relay, Shocktech Feedneck, Ruthless CF Vampire Trigger, Violent Trigger Pin, V2 Detents, Polished V3 Poppet, Polished Solenoid, Nummech Extender, Nummech Snatch Grip
Freak Barrel Kit - 14" All-American Tip, All-American Back, Full Insert Set
Ninja 68/4500 Tank - Ninja Ultralight Regulator, Ninja Thread Saver, Ninja Magna Cap, Dye Rhino Cover
L3G0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:22 PM #45
littlechris630

It's a pain once it is seated in the groove of the bolt rail, I guess I'm trying to say there is play in the spacer but it doesn't come out of groove though... It does set flush against the back wall but lightly I can create space and wiggle it a bit
Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM #46
L3G0
Mini Master

yea that is fine, mine is the same way, I have to pull like mad to remove it, but with little force i can create a very small like 1mm gap. that is perfectly fine.
Blue V2 Invert Mini - Lurker Eigenbolt, Black Virtue Grips, Blue Virtue Eyes, Virtue Redefined Board, Empire Relay, Shocktech Feedneck, Ruthless CF Vampire Trigger, Violent Trigger Pin, V2 Detents, Polished V3 Poppet, Polished Solenoid, Nummech Extender, Nummech Snatch Grip
Ninja 68/4500 Tank - Ninja Ultralight Regulator, Ninja Thread Saver, Ninja Magna Cap, Dye Rhino Cover
Old 08-19-2012, 02:30 PM #47
littlechris630

Ok that's cool, I just can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, stock it tunes in nice but when I try to tune lurker it just gives a nice group then throws a few way off chrono readings
Old 08-25-2012, 05:31 PM #48
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

turnburglar owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
chrono has ALOT to do with paint. tuning a gun can be very difficult without good consistant paint. with that said i have some tuning questions:

i had to set my marker up yesterday infront of some axe skepticsso i was rushed, but the settings i arrived at where: 4.5 dwell and 175 at the hpr. unfortunatley i didnt get an accurate count on the backcap but was shooting VERY consistant 292 with old dxs bronze through a 684 lurker (perfectly slight underbore).. the reason i want some suggestions is that the marker was quiet but a little more kick than i thought .effeciency was 3 pods equaled 1000 psi. also there was a little fsdo if left to sit.

let me know what you guys think.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:08 PM #49
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
You can lower your pressure even more. You can lower to about 140psi if you want less kick. Obviously you sweet spot the back cap while starting at about 160psi then once you sweet spot lower your psi until you reach desired fps
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 08:53 PM #50
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

At 140 balls roll out the barrel.

That's with the back cap set to 1.5 turns. The bolt sounds like its making kind of a chirp noise. Instead of a low thud. I lubed the spacer o ring and bolt guide orings. Kept the stock ones as the Lurker orings where probably too tight. (Tried one on back slot and just one on tip. The one on tip was better but still probably too tight.)

My asa/regulator is also acting up. When airing up it leaks most of the time. I have to jimmy it to get it to air up properly. Also when it does air up you can hear a slight pop from engine.
Old 08-26-2012, 09:23 AM #51
ashep01

ashep01 supports Team VICIOUS
ashep01 is for the Gunfight
ashep01 plays in the APPA D4 division
ashep01 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
At 140 balls roll out the barrel.

That's with the back cap set to 1.5 turns. The bolt sounds like its making kind of a chirp noise. Instead of a low thud. I lubed the spacer o ring and bolt guide orings. Kept the stock ones as the Lurker orings where probably too tight. (Tried one on back slot and just one on tip. The one on tip was better but still probably too tight.)

My asa/regulator is also acting up. When airing up it leaks most of the time. I have to jimmy it to get it to air up properly. Also when it does air up you can hear a slight pop from engine.
Did you do what i said and sweet spot the back cap at 160psi? Should be shooting over 300 at this point. Then lower the pressure until you get desired fps.
ashep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:39 PM #52
turnburglar
Mr. "iminitforthecheck"

I couldn't because I don't have a chrono, but experimented with everything from 1 turn to 2 turns out (typical range for an axe) and couldn't get it shooting that low psi wise. And when I say "shooting " I mean at 140 balls roll out. I'm wondering if there is an issue with either my solenoid (new one on the way) or my regulator restricting flow?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:46 AM #53
Razyger

Razyger plays in the APPA D4 division
Razyger has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Usually my Lurker bolt works great, but once in a while (twice now) it will loose all power, and fire only very weakly.

Solution - I found that the problem was the inner spacer 0-ring. It seems to wear out, and not seal well. When I replace that, it's back to normal.

This happens on my Axe but not on my Mini (of course I also use my Axe way more than the Mini). I think it's because the groove at the back of the Axe bolt guide is slightly angled, and on the Mini it is squared off. Because of this, I think the spacer moves very slightly when the bolt cycles, and eventually wears the inner spacer o-ring.

The other thing is that although you install the spacer without lube, after a while, lube and oil/dirt from the field air compressors will get on the inner spacer 0-ring and it can start to slide more. Not much you can do about that.
Razyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 11:34 AM #54
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
The weak shots can mean your spacer and bolt are sticking together, and the tremendous amount of drag this creates is responsible for the weak shots. I'd recommend installing the spacer onto the bolt guide TOTALLY FREE of lube, and then using an 015 on the outer spacer location - this should indicate if the problem lies with the bolt having linked up with the spacer. I'm replying via PM as well with some tips on tuning.

Ryan
Old 08-29-2012, 03:49 PM #55
rahul105

Hey Lurker, I was just wondering how long it usually takes for the bolts to ship to BC (Canada). I had ordered a bolt on August 13. Thank you.
rahul105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 PM #56
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Definitely should be there by now. PM me your order info and I'll check it out.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:21 AM #57
rahul105

Thanks. Actually got home from work and was in the mailbox.
rahul105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:39 AM #58
L3G0
Mini Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul105 View Post
Thanks. Actually got home from work and was in the mailbox.
LOL don't you love when that happens!
Old 08-30-2012, 08:20 PM #59
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

is the o-ring on the spacer an 015?
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:46 AM #60
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
We now offer a combination deal with our eigenbarrel and lube, on the website.
You just had to do right near payday that didn't you?...ordering one in a few. Gonna be nice to have it for the NCPA season. Luckily both my eigenbarrels and eigenbolt are interchangable with the Axe. So when i upgrade to an Axe I already have ups for it!
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:56 AM #61
shotyaface
^_^

shotyaface is an NCPA player
shotyaface plays in the APPA D4 division
Ordered the bolt & barrel. Hopefully I don't screw up the install.
shotyaface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:09 PM #62
ncstatered21
ECU Paintball

ncstatered21 supports Team VICIOUS
ncstatered21 is an NCPA player
ncstatered21 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotyaface View Post
I realized that it takes a bit of force to get the spacer on. I'm doing a reinstall tomorrow cause my Axe is on the way. Lurker bolt goes from Mini to the Axe!
ncstatered21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:50 PM #63
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotyaface View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstatered21 View Post
I realized that it takes a bit of force to get the spacer on. I'm doing a reinstall tomorrow cause my Axe is on the way. Lurker bolt goes from Mini to the Axe!
You'll be fine - either of you have any problems just contact me!