papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends V
papaintballer15 is playing at Living Legends VII
papaintballer15 supports Bob Gurnsey
papaintballer15 posts videos on PbNation
papaintballer15 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
papaintballer15 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoastHitmen View Post
Look at there oled g6r board it blew out noids!
ran one in my g6r for a year... no problems. I fail to see your logic. My theory on it, was that stupid people were perhaps hooking the board up to charge with the batteries hooked to the power port rather then charge port.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2012, 02:08 AM #1367
Clippy

Clippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Clippy owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Thanks for the insights Juggs and Godraep. Some really good pics there between you guys. Damn it looks tight on that Axe. I was already going to pick one up to have a run regardless now I'm just getting impatient.

*NB - Please note my correct grammatical use of the word "there".
Old 08-18-2012, 07:16 AM #1368
godraep
FapAttackV.1

godraep supports Team VICIOUS
godraep is attending Decay of Nations VI
godraep supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippy View Post
Thanks for the insights Juggs and Godraep. Some really good pics there between you guys. Damn it looks tight on that Axe. I was already going to pick one up to have a run regardless now I'm just getting impatient.

*NB - Please note my correct grammatical use of the word "there".
I thought so too, makes the Axe look crazy stealth mode. If any of you want more pics just let me knoe.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:36 AM #1369
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Boss Paintball has them in stock too.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:31 AM #1370
godraep
FapAttackV.1

Posted this in the Axe users club first, but it applies here as well. My first impressions of the Spire in comparison to the other high end loaders on the market.

I used the Z2 for half the season and a few weeks ago it went on the fritz, first it was spinning very slowly when it was off, then it wouldnt turn off at all. So I called Empire and they sent a board out to me no questions asked, took 5 days to get to me. Not bad for free shipping and new board.

I broke the z2 down, and up until then I was happy with it. But its just too complicated compared to the Rotor. If you get shot inside the hopper and dont have a backup theres really no efficient way to fully clean it at the field between games in a quick manner. So I switched to rotors, I love how slim the rear end of the rotor is compared to the Z2. I havnt had any issues with my Rotors yet, and Im happy to have made the switch.

Then yesterday, my local field decided they had to post up that they had Spires in stock. (5 total, they sold out within like 3 hours) so, knowing I could have it in my hands in less than a few hours I jumped on it just to see how it worked, and because I love buying new toys for paintball.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the Spire, but before I go further this is based on aesthetics/responsiveness to vibration/quality, not feed capabilities because I have not run paint through the Spire yet. The plastic shell feels a bit thinner than a Rotor, but less flimsy than a z2. I'd say its a very nice, happy medium and Im confident it will hold up to the rigors of play without issue. The shell DOES split in half, so if you wanted you could swap with a buddy, or it leaves room open in the future for high capacity shell tops ala the Rotor and older Prophecies.

Upon removing the tray I found everything to be very tidy and organized, wires tucked away nicely under a shroud of sorts on the bottom. The Rotor does a good job with this as well, where as the Z2 seems to be lacking in that department with wires protruding out of the side beneath its tray.

The Velcro on that hold the batteries in place looks to be of very high quality, and is even branded with the Virtue V, a very nice touch I think. This ones again is in contrast to the Rotor which has what I feel to be lower quality Velcro holding the batteries in. Mine is frayed, and the adhesive has come undone, seperating the top and bottom half of the Velcro. It doesnt really affect anything, its just annoying when trying to secure the batteries. The Prophecy Z2s battery area is once again pretty sloppy in comparison to both, nothing secures it but the tray above it. While that does an okay job, when you remove the tray if you arnt careful the batteries easily fall off to the side. I just always feel like at some point when I take my Z2 apart and the batteries drop theres a chance one of the wires may fray, or solder points might snap under the weight of the 4AA batteries.

I have a 5man tomorrow so I'll be putting 5+ cases through it, then Ill be able to comment on its performance in game, as I said thus far this is just a first impression review in comparison to the other popular high end loaders.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:04 AM #1371
mattbutcher
Matt Butcher Media

mattbutcher is playing at Living Legends VI
mattbutcher owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mattbutcher posts videos on PbNation
mattbutcher supports DLX Technology
the's beautiful
Old 08-18-2012, 12:11 PM #1372
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godraep View Post

Posted this in the Axe users club first, but it applies here as well. My first impressions of the Spire in comparison to the other high end loaders on the market.

I used the Z2 for half the season and a few weeks ago it went on the fritz, first it was spinning very slowly when it was off, then it wouldnt turn off at all. So I called Empire and they sent a board out to me no questions asked, took 5 days to get to me. Not bad for free shipping and new board.

I broke the z2 down, and up until then I was happy with it. But its just too complicated compared to the Rotor. If you get shot inside the hopper and dont have a backup theres really no efficient way to fully clean it at the field between games in a quick manner. So I switched to rotors, I love how slim the rear end of the rotor is compared to the Z2. I havnt had any issues with my Rotors yet, and Im happy to have made the switch.

Then yesterday, my local field decided they had to post up that they had Spires in stock. (5 total, they sold out within like 3 hours) so, knowing I could have it in my hands in less than a few hours I jumped on it just to see how it worked, and because I love buying new toys for paintball.

I'm thoroughly impressed with the Spire, but before I go further this is based on aesthetics/responsiveness to vibration/quality, not feed capabilities because I have not run paint through the Spire yet. The plastic shell feels a bit thinner than a Rotor, but less flimsy than a z2. I'd say its a very nice, happy medium and Im confident it will hold up to the rigors of play without issue. The shell DOES split in half, so if you wanted you could swap with a buddy, or it leaves room open in the future for high capacity shell tops ala the Rotor and older Prophecies.

Upon removing the tray I found everything to be very tidy and organized, wires tucked away nicely under a shroud of sorts on the bottom. The Rotor does a good job with this as well, where as the Z2 seems to be lacking in that department with wires protruding out of the side beneath its tray.

The Velcro on that hold the batteries in place looks to be of very high quality, and is even branded with the Virtue V, a very nice touch I think. This ones again is in contrast to the Rotor which has what I feel to be lower quality Velcro holding the batteries in. Mine is frayed, and the adhesive has come undone, seperating the top and bottom half of the Velcro. It doesnt really affect anything, its just annoying when trying to secure the batteries. The Prophecy Z2s battery area is once again pretty sloppy in comparison to both, nothing secures it but the tray above it. While that does an okay job, when you remove the tray if you arnt careful the batteries easily fall off to the side. I just always feel like at some point when I take my Z2 apart and the batteries drop theres a chance one of the wires may fray, or solder points might snap under the weight of the 4AA batteries.

I have a 5man tomorrow so I'll be putting 5+ cases through it, then Ill be able to comment on its performance in game, as I said thus far this is just a first impression review in comparison to the other popular high end loaders.
I own a Z2 as well, and I definitely hear you regarding teardown at the field and the "neatness" of the wiring and battery area.

Once when shooting some seconds paint, it shredded a bunch and literally SATURATED the entire loader with paint (I took it off the gun and paint poured out of the loader's neck). It was so bad I had to send it back to Kee for replacement of some parts and reassembly. This only took a few days and was free of charge (which is awesome), but if I had been shooting a Rotor, I would have been on the field next game. All this being said, my Z2 has worked great when no paint breaks inside it. It feeds great, the profile is low and tight and it's just a good looking loader. The disassembly aspect is it's only weak point IMO.

I've been looking at Rotors for a while now as an alternative to my Z2, but have been very wary of their jamming issues. My Z2 literally NEVER jams at all. I love how simple the Rotor is, but in order to get it not to jam you need the softcycle arm or a Seed kit, one of which only helps incrementally, and the other has been discontinued. For such an expensive loader, I don't want to have to spend another $30-40 to get it to do its job.

I'm taking a serious look at the Spire right now while it's fresh. Barring any problems or bugs, I will probably pick one up.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:54 PM #1373
Tongaduder

Tongaduder plays in the APPA beginner division
reminds me of halo reach
Gearbag Sale!

Old 08-18-2012, 01:31 PM #1374
LEX_BALLER 3

LEX_BALLER 3 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
LEX_BALLER 3 supports Team VICIOUS
LEX_BALLER 3 is for the Gunfight
Yeah that spire looks awesome on that black axe. Flows better than the looks of the z2 on the axe IMO.
Old 08-18-2012, 01:39 PM #1375
dynastyrebal
Skippy

dynastyrebal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dynastyrebal is for the Gunfight
dynastyrebal supports Pev's Paintball
dynastyrebal is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tongaduder
reminds me of halo reach
Lol me too!

LA Paintball Gateway-Pro 7 Man

Paintball Gateway-Open WCPPL
Old 08-18-2012, 03:01 PM #1376
godraep
FapAttackV.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX_BALLER 3 View Post
Yeah that spire looks awesome on that black axe. Flows better than the looks of the z2 on the axe IMO.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:03 PM #1377
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Old 08-18-2012, 07:02 PM #1378
BabyFace

BabyFace supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
I own a Z2 as well, and I definitely hear you regarding teardown at the field and the "neatness" of the wiring and battery area.

Once when shooting some seconds paint, it shredded a bunch and literally SATURATED the entire loader with paint (I took it off the gun and paint poured out of the loader's neck). It was so bad I had to send it back to Kee for replacement of some parts and reassembly. This only took a few days and was free of charge (which is awesome), but if I had been shooting a Rotor, I would have been on the field next game. All this being said, my Z2 has worked great when no paint breaks inside it. It feeds great, the profile is low and tight and it's just a good looking loader. The disassembly aspect is it's only weak point IMO.

I've been looking at Rotors for a while now as an alternative to my Z2, but have been very wary of their jamming issues. My Z2 literally NEVER jams at all. I love how simple the Rotor is, but in order to get it not to jam you need the softcycle arm or a Seed kit, one of which only helps incrementally, and the other has been discontinued. For such an expensive loader, I don't want to have to spend another $30-40 to get it to do its job.

I'm taking a serious look at the Spire right now while it's fresh. Barring any problems or bugs, I will probably pick one up.

my thoughts exactly, i was lucky to pickup a seed kit when i did.
I plan on getting a spire loader sometime soon.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:26 PM #1379
papaintballer15
Ya, thats me at your base

Annual Supporting Member
I didnt think seeds were worth anything since they werent made anymore. When I sold mine I let it go for 110 bucks in my gen 1 rotor guess i shoulda kept the seed.

Finally have my video up after 6 hrs of uploading... friggin youtube is so slow anymore.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 PM #1380
SilentBall55

If the Seed kit are in such demand, why would the company stop making it?

Maybe the Rotor no longer needs it.

Last edited by SilentBall55 : 08-18-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:48 PM #1381
drei-eins
chuckoslovakia

drei-eins is for the Gunfight
drei-eins has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post
I didnt think seeds were worth anything since they werent made anymore. When I sold mine I let it go for 110 bucks in my gen 1 rotor guess i shoulda kept the seed.

Finally have my video up after 6 hrs of uploading... friggin youtube is so slow anymore.
When the hopper is priming for paint it reminds me of how my Pulse hopper sounds!
NYX Battleship Grey Matrix #99
Deutscha Bad Boy Mini
REGENCY CROME 2
Old 08-19-2012, 03:18 AM #1382
Mav
Paintburrets

Annual Supporting Member
Mav posts videos on PbNation
Mav plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by papaintballer15 View Post

Video Goes here
Nice vid, really enjoyed the view of the last pod feeding. Does your marker have any readout on how fast it was cycling? Looks like it was a pretty good string.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:04 AM #1383
Killer Carton
Give'm Welts

Annual Supporting Member
Killer Carton has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Killer Carton has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Does the hopper have a hard time shooting the last half dozen or so balls? It looks like they kind of get tossed around buy the arms when your shooting a rope.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:25 AM #1384
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian

aspiderfreak plays in the PSP
aspiderfreak is an NCPA player
aspiderfreak plays in the APPA D4 division
aspiderfreak is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
aspiderfreak is a top reviewer
aspiderfreak is Boss
aspiderfreak supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentBall55
If the Seed kit are in such demand, why would the company stop making it?

Maybe the Rotor no longer needs it.
...eh that's not true. I have 3 rotors. 2 with seed kits, and a stock v3. The v3 is the only one that jams. Seed's product clearly filled in the gap for Dye. It's a shame they aren't produced anymore.

On the bright side, since seed kits are harder to come by than hens teeth, rotor owners are presented with other loader options on the market. The spire looks very promising.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:35 AM #1385
Exhopek

Exhopek owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Exhopek has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Exhopek supports DLX Technology
What holds the upper half and the lower half together? Is it screwed on?

Regina Regulators
Old 08-19-2012, 09:23 AM #1386
darkagentj007
^^^Jason^^^

darkagentj007 is playing at Living Legends V
darkagentj007 is playing at Living Legends VI
darkagentj007 is playing at Living Legends VII
darkagentj007 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhopek View Post
What holds the upper half and the lower half together? Is it screwed on?
yea it has 3 screws that hold it on
Closed Thread

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.