(◣_◢)

paintking22 plays in the PSP
paintking22 supports Team VICIOUS
paintking22 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintking22 is Legendary
paintking22 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum11 View Post
player makes the gun, not the gun makes the player.
i wouldn't take advice from anyone who has in there avatar, "pure butt secks"...

LUXE MOB
paintking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 11:35 PM #65
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintking22 View Post
i wouldn't take advice from anyone who has in there avatar, "pure butt secks"...
Don't knock it til you try it, yo.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 PM #66
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
Don't knock it til you try it, yo.
Hey whatever you like in your butt is your choice but I sure as hell ain't gonna try it.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:30 AM #67
GhostJedai
I push buttons

Annual Supporting Member
GhostJedai is BST Trusted
GhostJedai has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
GhostJedai is attending Decay of Nations VII
GhostJedai supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Hey whatever you like in your butt is your choice but I sure as hell ain't gonna try it.
But aren't you just a little... *Sunglasses*... Tempted?
Christ Krew #17

GhostJedai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:47 AM #68
Tempted (Banned)

Not even a little...
Old 08-17-2012, 01:45 AM #69
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by asylum11 View Post
player makes the gun, not the gun makes the player.
Meh, not really. I mean, an amazing gun isn't going to make a ****ty player good, but a bad gun can hold a player back.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:51 AM #70
dwizum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost93 View Post
Meh, not really. I mean, an amazing gun isn't going to make a ****ty player good, but a bad gun can hold a player back.
I could see your point if you gave a good player a poorly maintained spyder with old paint caked on the guts and put him in a field of average players with high end electronic markers, but - in the context of this thread - is a $1200 gun going to make a difference compared to a $400 gun? Considering both (assumingly) have the same fire mode capabilities and similar reliability? IMHO no, at that point, there probably won't be a measurable difference.

The Mustang vs. Lambo debate is surprisingly valid. You can make a Mustang (or pretty much any car) go faster than a Lambo in a straight line, for a much lower price tag. Heck, if you don't mind comparing across decades, there are Mustangs that will go faster than certain Lamborghinis in stock form. But generally, to the average person on the street, the Lambo will still be vastly more desirable - for reasons not related to straight line performance. The higher price tag of the Lambo isn't buying you performance you couldn't get for cheaper elsewhere. With the Lambo, you're paying for the brand, image, outlandish design elements, unique looks, a sense of overall luxury and exotica - the entire ownership experience. Same thing when you choose a $1200 gun over a $400 gun. You're paying for an ownership experience that you perceive to be better, not necessarily for better performance on paper. After all, the right $400 gun can shoot paintballs and the same rate and fps as any $1200 gun...
dwizum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 06:58 AM #71
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
You give me 400- and I'll build you a ****in machine gun that will make seasoned players knees shake Lmfao

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:14 AM #72
Tempted (Banned)

Give me 400 and I'll just sell you an A4 Fly with a nice board. From what I've seen they are the fastest markers ever built. My A4 was faster than my A1 by a lot.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:22 AM #73
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted
Give me 400 and I'll just sell you an A4 Fly with a nice board. From what I've seen they are the fastest markers ever built. My A4 was faster than my A1 by a lot.
Exactly/ I had a a4 fly with the predator v3 board- on psp ramping it even got me to say damn. I've been around some fast company. The fella that bought my lucky board also bought that , very lucky indeed.

ANGELS FOR LIFE -- FTW

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:47 AM #74
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
Not even a little...
For some reason I pictured you biting your lip while typing this. Anything you wanna say? It's pretty anonymous on here. You can talk about it.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:09 PM #75
paintking22
(◣_◢)

paintking22 plays in the PSP
paintking22 supports Team VICIOUS
paintking22 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintking22 is Legendary
paintking22 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostJedai View Post
But aren't you just a little... *Sunglasses*... Tempted?
i lol'd.

LUXE MOB
paintking22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:55 PM #76
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintking22 View Post
i lol'd.
If I'm honest, I did too.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:01 PM #77
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizum View Post
I could see your point if you gave a good player a poorly maintained spyder with old paint caked on the guts and put him in a field of average players with high end electronic markers, but - in the context of this thread - is a $1200 gun going to make a difference compared to a $400 gun? Considering both (assumingly) have the same fire mode capabilities and similar reliability? IMHO no, at that point, there probably won't be a measurable difference.

The Mustang vs. Lambo debate is surprisingly valid. You can make a Mustang (or pretty much any car) go faster than a Lambo in a straight line, for a much lower price tag. Heck, if you don't mind comparing across decades, there are Mustangs that will go faster than certain Lamborghinis in stock form. But generally, to the average person on the street, the Lambo will still be vastly more desirable - for reasons not related to straight line performance. The higher price tag of the Lambo isn't buying you performance you couldn't get for cheaper elsewhere. With the Lambo, you're paying for the brand, image, outlandish design elements, unique looks, a sense of overall luxury and exotica - the entire ownership experience. Same thing when you choose a $1200 gun over a $400 gun. You're paying for an ownership experience that you perceive to be better, not necessarily for better performance on paper. After all, the right $400 gun can shoot paintballs and the same rate and fps as any $1200 gun...
To stick with the Lamborghini vs Mustang analogy. The difference will show when you start to do something more than go in a straight line.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:05 PM #78
CColt22

I currently play rec with a Diablo Wrath I spent $80 on. I have fun with it. I'm buying a used Macdev Droid soon. I'll probably have fun with that too. I'd imagine if I dropped $1600 on some ridiculous brand new marker I would also have fun with that.

For rec play, I don't care how much someone spent on a marker. Actually, in general I don't.

It's nice to have nice things, but when you're at the field to have fun I could care less if you're playing with a Gryphon or a G6R.

As far as speed/modes/etc, I don't see why people are concerned with how fast they're shooting when they play recball. I cap my marker at 10bps, semi-auto and go out and have fun. A lazy saturday match is not a tournament, why should I be ramping or shooting ropes?
CColt22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:26 PM #79
dertydood

dertydood owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dertydood plays in the APPA beginner division
dertydood has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm sure that you'll get WAY better efficiency with an ego vs a g3/g4

Link to my APPA: http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin...vaaRpMHFWWoGIL
dertydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 02:32 PM #80
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost93 View Post
To stick with the Lamborghini vs Mustang analogy. The difference will show when you start to do something more than go in a straight line.

Exactly.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 04:41 PM #81
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
This thread has definitely taking a turn. It went from explaining the differences from the lower end markers to the high end markers and now it's about whether or not it's worth it or necessary.

Is it necessary??
No, of course not.
Is it worth it??
They are definitely better markers but worth can only be determined by the consumer. Some say no. Others, like me, say yes.

To each his own

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 PM #82
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
iv been playing 6 years and never had a gun that cost me more then $250, do i keep up with the ego 12's and dm12's droids axe's and g6rs? Of course, especially when everyones capped at 12.5. do i have bragging rights? absolutely not. but that dude with the beautiful 239857 color splash luxe with built in Itunes sure does

do higher priced guns have cleaner milling and less seams, better machined parts etc? yea in more cases then not the milling on expensive markers is higher quality, but again, what does it matter if one little nick or scratch ruins the resail, and in a world where markers are DOMINATED by after market parts, does it really matter if stock internals are fantastic? no not really, the guy with the ego 12 and the guy with the g3 will both be dropping a tech-t bolt in that was probably made to the exact same tolerances.

anymore, economy grade markers will still hold there own against $1200 guns, just remember those old ego 5's and DM6's used to be the 1000 dollar guns, now you can pick them up for next to nothing. same with the eteks vs egos, etek 3's and even etek 2's are as good as ego 5's 6's and 7's. does that mean there crap? no not at all. just means that the latest technology is incorporated into the new markers, but that doesnt mean that the old tech is necessarily obsolete.

just my $.02

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.

Last edited by HeatedNubbycake : 08-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:17 AM #83
MxYfz2008

Its just a preference who cares what people want to spend their money on
MxYfz2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM #84
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If I was debating on whether to get a "newer" high end or not, I'd either get a new (or gently used) Axe; or I'd get an Ego 7/8. Any of those would be great guns near the $400 mark.

Last edited by holson72 : 08-27-2012 at 09:53 AM.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote