PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM #22
Impy125

has been a member for 10 years
Honestly the reffing was TERRIBLE! I've played a lot of tournies in my day and this was def top 3 worst reffing experiences ever. I can't believe the penalties that they were giving our team and the whole thing just seemed rigged from the beginning. The refs seemed more confused than the players and the amount of leadership that was shown by the head ref was non-existant. My team will NOT be attending the 4th event and 2 other teams also talked to us about not playing the last. Tourney was a FAIL...

vintage paintball
Impy125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2012, 01:16 PM #23
i_bunker_u
Train Wreck

i_bunker_u plays in the PSP
i_bunker_u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_bunker_u plays in the APPA D4 division
what team were you^? honestly we saw penalties that were questionable but thats the thing, when its questionable its the reffs discretion, dont give them anything to penalize you for and you'll be good, i got called out on rub from sliding, i could have argued it and got a penalty, but i just got up and went to the box. that simple.
i_bunker_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM #24
Impy125

Advantage...it shouldn't matter what team I'm on though. I saw players getting pulled on the field for people shouting from the sidelines and refs pulling the WRONG players multiple times. We dropped EVERY game in our first round due to sh*t calls by the refs. When we start calling them out on it that's when we started winning and did not lose a game our last 2 rounds. Don't talk about how easy it is to just walk off the field when you get called out on a sliding hit when our players weren't even getting hit and being told to get off the field because the ref says "it doesn't matter if your hit". Waste of time to play this...

vintage paintball
Impy125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 PM #25
bsmagacz
SHOOT 2THRILL,PLAY 2 KILL

bsmagacz is a Supporting Member
bsmagacz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bsmagacz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_bunker_u View Post
what team were you^? honestly we saw penalties that were questionable but thats the thing, when its questionable its the reffs discretion, dont give them anything to penalize you for and you'll be good, i got called out on rub from sliding, i could have argued it and got a penalty, but i just got up and went to the box. that simple.
Haters gonna hate! We took penalties too that we dont think we should have gotten but its refs discretion so you might as well just walk back to the deadbox and think about how it even happened and hope your players come thru clutch.
bsmagacz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:02 AM #26
bruiser1989

bruiser1989 plays in the PSP
bruiser1989 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
bruiser1989 plays in the APPA D3 division
I wasnt present for this event but if it was the same reffing "team" that reffed last year, they're a joke. First game we played, I was the last one left and got shot in the elbow, pushed it into the bunker and wiped it. Now keep in mind i was in for a solid minute after wiping and shot 2 guys then got shot out. Their guy hangs the flag with a hit on him so on field they count it as a swing point. We walk off the field only to later hear that the ref next to me saw me get shot (which he should have, he was 10ft to my side that got shot) and talked to i think the owner of the field or someone working there which was also playing for the predators and they overturned the on field call and gave them the point. Im not complaining about them getting the point, im wondering why the ref watched me get hit, but didnt do anything until at least a minute went by and then after the point was given. Sorry for the super post but after seeing that this crew is continuing to make terrible calls i would suggest patriots home team ref instead of play before this ruins their reputation even more. Field owners were extremely nice and asked throughout the day how things were going, id hate for this reffing crew to ruin things for them.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:00 PM #27
Dshooter89
Hostile Ground

Annual Supporting Member
Dshooter89 plays in the PSP
Dshooter89 donated to help Peyton Trent
Dshooter89 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser1989 View Post
I wasnt present for this event but if it was the same reffing "team" that reffed last year, they're a joke. First game we played, I was the last one left and got shot in the elbow, pushed it into the bunker and wiped it. Now keep in mind i was in for a solid minute after wiping and shot 2 guys then got shot out. Their guy hangs the flag with a hit on him so on field they count it as a swing point. We walk off the field only to later hear that the ref next to me saw me get shot (which he should have, he was 10ft to my side that got shot) and talked to i think the owner of the field or someone working there which was also playing for the predators and they overturned the on field call and gave them the point. Im not complaining about them getting the point, im wondering why the ref watched me get hit, but didnt do anything until at least a minute went by and then after the point was given. Sorry for the super post but after seeing that this crew is continuing to make terrible calls i would suggest patriots home team ref instead of play before this ruins their reputation even more. Field owners were extremely nice and asked throughout the day how things were going, id hate for this reffing crew to ruin things for them.
Lol. I understand your statement and agree with you. I just wouldn't admit that you were cheating
Dshooter89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM #28
paintspray69

paintspray69 plays in the PSP
paintspray69 plays in the APPA D4 division
paintspray69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
wait a second.... was the reffing terrible? lol
paintspray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 12:18 PM #29
BDidz
SFP

Annual Supporting Member
BDidz is BST Legit
BDidz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BDidz supports our troops
BDidz plays in the APPA D4 division
BDidz is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintspray69
wait a second.... was the reffing terrible? lol
Yea I was on the same team as bruiser and the reffing was terrible.

Last edited by BDidz : 08-11-2012 at 02:45 PM.
BDidz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 07:37 PM #30
G00N
the don wan

G00N plays in the PSP
G00N plays in the APPA D3 division
Not to hate, but a change to refs that know what they're doing = solution.
JT Paintball
Empire Paintball
G00N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:53 AM #31
AAF

Annual Supporting Member
AAF is an Premier field/store owner
AAF owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by G00N View Post
Not to hate, but a change to refs that know what they're doing = solution.
Or just play events that have competent and certified refs.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:42 AM #32
bsmagacz

I dont think its a reasonable excuse either but the actual head ref and another ref (both certified and psp experienced) had a car problem and decided they could not make it. The psych ward refs were asked to fill in because patriot had no more refs. There were already a bunch of psp refs there but not enough to run the event. It really sucks to have the people that must show....not come but what else can you do. the show must go on. Its been clearly stated by about every team what we want for refs so i hope this does not happen again. Before the event I will check in with patriot and make damn sure they have quality refs for the last event. I believe steve howard (psp certified Patriot ref) will be doing the same thing.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:32 PM #33
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

stalker2005 plays in the PSP
stalker2005 is playing at Living Legends VII
stalker2005 plays in the APPA D4 division
Event 3 was our first tourney there and yea some of the calls weren't the greatest but even in PSP is every single call going to be dead on the money? No. I have been in constant contact with Mark and Emily since the day after the tourney taking all feedback from every team... espically ZRT and advantage. 50 dorito and away side dorito were great and were in checking people and everything. To many people ***** about the situation instead of rising above it and trying to help them correct it before the next event. Not ALL the refs were bad though. The owners know exactly how we feel as teams and as individual players regarding the reffing and are working on correcting it.

As of today I haven't spoke with Mark or Emily but my team offered to skip doing Event #4 and ref for it to help make the teams happier by having refs that are not afraid to get hit and actually get in to check people.

As far as sliding on on paint into bunkers...this has been corrected and they will be raking the field lanes and behind the bunkers every other game to ensure this happens less often.

This is not my home field so I'm not trying to make a cover up or anything just trying to help promote the sport and get something started back up in wisconsin again.
stalker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:34 PM #34
bsmagacz

thanks stalker!

is that name a reference to stalker paintball in the dells?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:33 PM #35
stalker2005
~The Finisher~

stalker2005 plays in the PSP
stalker2005 is playing at Living Legends VII
stalker2005 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmagacz View Post
thanks stalker!

is that name a reference to stalker paintball in the dells?
Yea from a LONgggggggggg time ago! I play out of Apoc now....but i will keep the thread updated the more i speak with Emily and Mark.
stalker2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM #36
bsmagacz

yeah im from the old fuzzbomb team from stalker (2002-2006)
ReplyRegional Ups