Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 AM #1
gabrielromelio

Spyder MRX/MRXElite

I'm looking for a new marker and really like the idea of the dual feeding system of the 2012 MRX. Anyone already own or have shot them have any opinions on them?
I've been playing with a classic spyder for years and its time for an upgrade.

Is the MRX Elite worth the mark up with the accessories when compared to the MRX?
gabrielromelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-08-2012, 10:51 AM #2
mnkywitagun

the mrx is all about the mil sim style of play its more for the appearances. than function. it is heavy and very long with full stock and tank. i would run a remote line and remove the stock. but then you would basically have the mr1. the elite with red dot sight laser, etc isn't neccesary. as paintball markers are not that precise in accuracy. so what you are buying is the realism of using real tactical weapons. if that what you're aiming for than it fills the need.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 PM #3
gabrielromelio

I like that many of the parts will also fit on my real AR-15, may not be the highest quality, but wont have to buy 2x of everything.
Would the longer barrel improve accuracy?
from what I gather, with a spyder you get more for the $ than with tippman? or am i reading a biased opinion?
I really like the mil-sim aspect of the mrx line especially shooting out of a mag.

I'm definitely looking for a mil-sim gun that wont break my bank.
gabrielromelio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM #4
Cakeslob

has been a member for 10 years
ok, I personally wouldnt go with the Elite, considering a lot of what comes with the elite is just extra weight. The MRX is a well priced mag fed gun and you wont find anything like it for the price. especially on the price of mags which it seems you would like to be using. THe mags are only $20 each but they do only hold 10 balls but for $20 each im not complaining. A longer barrel (depending on the look you want ect) would be the second thing to get if thats what you want to do. Only option aside from making your own barrel adapter ( ) is the 18" kingman barrel for the MRX. The other stuff that comes with the MRX-E are just heavy and universal TATICOOL nonsense. accompained with the EKO valve the MRX is a pretty solid gun and worth the price tag
Cakeslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:01 PM #5
daewootech

daewootech has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
daewootech has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
just save the money and use that money on your own upgrades, my foregrip was only like $7.99 on amazon, and my metal reflex sight with 4 different dots was like $30 bucks but they have some on there for like $10-$15, the only part that i would want on my MRX from the Elite version would be the longer barrel but who knows what the diff is...
daewootech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 PM #6
SeanAllen
tacticool

Couple guys at my local field love their MRX, I never really hear problems with them yet compared to Rap4, or tacamo kits. I would go with the basic MRX, then work your way up so its more customized to your liking, then a tacticool package.

For example, Ill be picking one up next month, it would be cheaper for me to get a new shroud, barrel, and even stock that I get to choose, instead of getting the premade package.
SeanAllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM #7
jordanmowday

I've had mine for about three months or so now, and I've been really impressed with how it performs. It's really simple to strip/clean/reassemble which is awesome, because this isn't a gun that you can "ride hard and put away wet" so to speak I forgot to clean mine before taking it out for the first time, and I hadn't put two mags through it before it started dry-firing like crazy... A simple strip-down and it's been excellent ever since. I haven't had any breaks in the chamber yet, and only a couple jams. One thing I would definitely say is that the Elite system isn't really necessary; the gun is pretty heavy bone-stock and all the extras don't help. I bought the standard MRX off of Amazon as a package from ultimatepaintball.com for like $220, and picked up an extra mag from them too. It's been great so far and everyone that's seen it tells me cool it is The Dual Loading System is great too, I prefer using a hopper just because I shoot a lot but I always keep a mag in and another loaded. So yeah, if you're looking for a decent milsim marker that's fairly cheap; I'd recommend the MRX. Just make sure you activate the warranty unlike I did...
jordanmowday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:24 PM #8
jordanmowday

Also, here's a pic of mine.

I chose to order the foregrip and top rail mount (the piece that connects the red dot to the iron sights) from spyder for two reasons: 1.) The foregrip is really nice when you're always holding the gun while shooting, and I'm more of a run-and-gunner. 2.) I couldn't get my face close enough to the gun so raising it above the iron sights was perfect.

Let me know what you guys think!

Also, the little black thing under the front iron sight is a camera; it's really cool to watch gameplay footage from that thing!
jordanmowday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:26 PM #9
juststarting98

Question Just wondering

is there anyway to make the Spyder MRX into a rapid fire gun??
juststarting98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:07 PM #10
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by juststarting98
is there anyway to make the Spyder MRX into a rapid fire gun??
Nope, at least not yet, I messaged spyder about future accessories and addons like a egrip and just got a generic reply along the line of "we're cooking something up" but that might have been before elite came out, hopefully not...

Check my videos
http://www.youtube.com/daewootech
Old 10-11-2012, 12:13 PM #11
daewootech

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanmowday
Also, here's a pic of mine.

I chose to order the foregrip and top rail mount (the piece that connects the red dot to the iron sights) from spyder for two reasons: 1.) The foregrip is really nice when you're always holding the gun while shooting, and I'm more of a run-and-gunner. 2.) I couldn't get my face close enough to the gun so raising it above the iron sights was perfect.

Let me know what you guys think!

Also, the little black thing under the front iron sight is a camera; it's really cool to watch gameplay footage from that thing!
What kind of camera is it? Tiny little thing there, lol. I use my gopro on my mrx but it seems to always be a magnet for paintballs getting shot almost every time, lol. Must be the flashing light. I have a few videos I have from it and a few I need to get to posting.

I agree with the foregrip it's makes the gun feel better and is almost a must since the center of gravity is way different than a regular gun you need two hands solid to use the mrx, and it's weight is a beast, once you load up the hopper and mags the thing has got to weigh a few lbs, I started to get a cramp in my arm the last time we went out.

Check my videos
http://www.youtube.com/daewootech