Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-15-2012, 08:52 AM #1
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Season Prizes

Hey Ed,

Will there be Season/Series Prizes or Trophies? Just wondering since I couldn't find anything on the site.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 AM #2
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
edpoorman works for a Paintball manufacturer
I am pretty sure it is just a trophy for the series winner and hopefully new sponsors for the winning teams but they still have to find those sponsors. I will double check and find out for sure and get back to you. Thanks for playing in the NPPL.
edpoorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM #3
paintsprayerrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpoorman View Post
I am pretty sure it is just a trophy for the series winner and hopefully new sponsors for the winning teams but they still have to find those sponsors. I will double check and find out for sure and get back to you. Thanks for playing in the NPPL.
Sounds good. If I remember correctly it was trophies last year.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:11 AM #4
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
Prizes

Sorry i still don't have an answer. I want to make changes for next season and i would like the winner of the series to get a prize package with their series winning trophy, but it looks like i will not be able to address this as well as many of issues until the off season. Keep asking and i will find out asap.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:46 AM #5
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
I just got confirmation from our CEO, trophies and medals for all lower divisions for the series winners. I promise i will address all your issues in the future and discuss changes with the board next week for 2013. Thanks once again and thanks for choosing the NPPL.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:37 PM #6
kylw73
RIP Mac Dre

kylw73 plays in the PSP
kylw73 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kylw73 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
kylw73 posts videos on PbNation
kylw73 plays in the APPA D3 division
If the series prize is only a trophy, whats the incentive for teams to compete in every event? Shouldn't the NPPL reward the teams that have spent countless dollars and time away from school/work to fly to each event throughout the season with half-off entry for next season in a higher division? Otherwise whats stopping the series champs from playing in the same division they won in and sandbag the other teams for another season in a row

kylw73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:39 AM #7
paintsprayerrr

Thanks Ed for looking into this. I read your response earlier but I wanted to comment just so you know I did come back to see the answer. Like the post above, I do think it would be nice to have a series prize in addition to the trophy. Looking forward to seeing what you can do.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:38 PM #8
haynboy8223
Fear is only an illusion!

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
haynboy8223 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
haynboy8223 is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylw73 View Post
If the series prize is only a trophy, whats the incentive for teams to compete in every event? Shouldn't the NPPL reward the teams that have spent countless dollars and time away from school/work to fly to each event throughout the season with half-off entry for next season in a higher division? Otherwise whats stopping the series champs from playing in the same division they won in and sandbag the other teams for another season in a row
Great point!!! Discounting the entry fee for the next season wont cost the NPPL nothing so why not help us out?

We went to every event last year and won our division but we dont feel like playing a whole season again at full price when we already invested a lot into this league over the years.

NPPL give back to the teams that support yous guys. The PSP does it so why cant you guys????
●●NPPL D4 2011 Huntington Beach 2nd place●● NPPL D4 2011 Chicago Open 1st place●● NPPL D4 2011 Las Vegas 1st place●●
haynboy8223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:52 AM #9
crowntheking

Annual Supporting Member
crowntheking plays in the PSP
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends V
crowntheking is playing at Living Legends VI
crowntheking supports Team VICIOUS
crowntheking is Legendary
crowntheking supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by haynboy8223

Great point!!! Discounting the entry fee for the next season wont cost the NPPL nothing so why not help us out?

We went to every event last year and won our division but we dont feel like playing a whole season again at full price when we already invested a lot into this league over the years.

NPPL give back to the teams that support yous guys. The PSP does it so why cant you guys????
I won nppl chicago would of been playing dc but no half/free admission. Smh nppl
crowntheking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:51 PM #10
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
Hey guys i can not do anything for this season as i have only part of the staff for about a month. I promised you all i would do my best next season and i asked you for trust, faith and time to work some magic. Without all of you i cant do anything. It will be addressed for next season and that is a promise but i still do not have the final word. You can all help me achieve these goals by sticking with me and thanks for choosing the NPPL.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:19 AM #11
Mrglass6919

Mrglass6919 plays in the PSP
Mrglass6919 plays in the APPA D3 division
I don't feel like the prizes are bad! While the PSP offers 1/2 or full entry, they do not offer cash prizes below d2. I would much rather come out ahead financially, based on your performance. More teams, more prize money. PSP offers the same prizes weather its 10 teams in your division or 100.
Mrglass6919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:46 PM #12
edpoorman

Annual Supporting Member
I was reminded today that we have never given series prizes and most likely never will but i can keep trying. You all know what i want is to make this the best league in the world. Thanks for you support and give me more time, i know you have all heard this before but probably not from me. I will do my best to keep you all posted on any progress and i promise i will never lie 2 u and once again thank you all for choosing the NPPL, now tell your friends, tell your enemies, we all need to come together if we want to win once and for all.