Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2012, 03:30 PM #1
therron258
I'm here to **** **** up.

therron258 is a Supporting Member
2012 G6R Stuck at 11 BPS Max?

I have a new 2012 G6R with 4C eyes.

With the eyes on it will only go to 11BPS, even if the cap is at 15,20, or even uncapped. with the eyes off it will shoot a lot faster, but I am not sure why It is stuck at 11bps?

If i cap it at 8, itll go 7...if i cap it at 9 itll go 8, but anything more than 12 it will only go to 11.

I have done a factory reset of the board. Should I reinstall my 2C eyes and see if that helps? I bought the 4C eyes used and maybe they are malfunctioning or something.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Old 08-16-2012, 05:36 PM #2
Nevets
GT's & G6R's

Your eyes appear to not be working properly. The marker is reverting to the eye failure bps. Make sure all of your connections on the eye harness are secure, including to the board. I had a harness with wires that were coming out of the molex connector causing the same issue. Also, make sure that there is not oil all over the eyes. I had this happen to my g6r with 4c eyes.
Nevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:51 PM #3
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

Are you shooting with paint & air or are you blocking the eyes?

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:44 PM #4
therron258
I'm here to **** **** up.

therron258 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmightyRuler View Post
Are you shooting with paint & air or are you blocking the eyes?
I tried both but im new to this gun. would that make adifference?
Old 08-17-2012, 04:29 AM #5
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Do this with the 4c eyes installed...
No air, no paint, no loader.

1. Turn on the gun. The LED should go slow blinking blue indicating no paint detected. If the LED goes any other color besides slow blinking blue, you have an eye fault or the eyes are blocked.

2. Stick your finger part way down the breach so you just block the upper eyes. The LED should change to solid blue, but if you pull the trigger the solenoid wont click.

3. Stick your finger all the way into the breach. The LED turns solid teal or light blue. Pull the trigger once and the solenoid should click. Remove your finger and put it back into the breach. The LED should go slow blinking blue to solid teal. If you still have your finger in the breach after you pull the trigger, the gun will detect an eye fault and change to purple which also indicates the lower eyes are blocked.

4. If you don't get the above test results, pull out the eye boards and clean out the eye holes on both sides and clean up the eye covers if they are dirty. If there is any paint fill on the eye boards, remove them and run them under warm water and lightly scrub both sides of the boards with an old tooth brush until they are clean. I know these are electronic devices, but they are unpowered and can't be hurt by a little water. I've done this myself several times on my G6r when the eye boards get paint on them. Now thoroughly dry them off and blow on both sides of the boards and in the tiny connectors to push out any hidden water. Reinstall the 4c eyes and confirm you don't have a pinched wire or loose connector. Do steps 1-3 again.

Last edited by rkenders : 08-17-2012 at 04:38 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:24 PM #6
paintballer37991
DedicationMakesGreatness

paintballer37991 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer37991 is BST Legit
paintballer37991 plays in the PSP
Sounds like the eyes are dirty or eyes died. I had to replace my eyes when I couldn't figure out why my gun would always go into bypass mode.
paintballer37991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 02:00 PM #7
0.775Volts
It's all about OPF.

0.775Volts is attending Decay of Nations VI
rkenders, that's a good troubleshooting method,but he has a 2012 oled, not a 2011.

You can follow the same steps he suggets, but you'll want to look at the display on the handle. the top part of the display is where you can see your eye information. on the top left it'll say 2c or 4c, depending on which eyes you have installed (assuming they're working normally), or "X" if they're turned off. it sounds like you already know where to look for that info, though. the upper right hand side has two little blocks, one for each set of eyes (upper and lower), but IIRC it's just one big block if you only have 2c eyes. However, the display should change from an open box to a solid box if you stick your finger in the feedneck deep enough to block the eyes.

Like Rkenders said: MAKE SURE YOUR GUN IS DEGASSED. In fact, I'd take the bolt out, just in case. a misfire in that situation would seriously mess up your finger, and probably the gun, too. (though, I doubt you'd care about the gun by that point in time).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
Do this with the 4c eyes installed...
No air, no paint, no loader.

1. Turn on the gun. The LED should go slow blinking blue indicating no paint detected. If the LED goes any other color besides slow blinking blue, you have an eye fault or the eyes are blocked.

2. Stick your finger part way down the breach so you just block the upper eyes. The LED should change to solid blue, but if you pull the trigger the solenoid wont click.

3. Stick your finger all the way into the breach. The LED turns solid teal or light blue. Pull the trigger once and the solenoid should click. Remove your finger and put it back into the breach. The LED should go slow blinking blue to solid teal. If you still have your finger in the breach after you pull the trigger, the gun will detect an eye fault and change to purple which also indicates the lower eyes are blocked.

4. If you don't get the above test results, pull out the eye boards and clean out the eye holes on both sides and clean up the eye covers if they are dirty. If there is any paint fill on the eye boards, remove them and run them under warm water and lightly scrub both sides of the boards with an old tooth brush until they are clean. I know these are electronic devices, but they are unpowered and can't be hurt by a little water. I've done this myself several times on my G6r when the eye boards get paint on them. Now thoroughly dry them off and blow on both sides of the boards and in the tiny connectors to push out any hidden water. Reinstall the 4c eyes and confirm you don't have a pinched wire or loose connector. Do steps 1-3 again.
[EDIT]: do you still have the 2c eyes? If so, try swapping them out to see if the problem follows the eyes or not. Next step would be do try swapping the wiring harness for the eyes, and then a call to BLAST.

Cogito Eggo Sum - I think therefore I'm a waffle.

Last edited by 0.775Volts : 08-30-2012 at 02:02 PM. Reason: afterthoughts.
0.775Volts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:50 PM #8
tombs85

any progress here??? I am having the same problem. I have the stock 2c eyes.
tombs85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:04 PM #9
paintballer37991
DedicationMakesGreatness

paintballer37991 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballer37991 is BST Legit
paintballer37991 plays in the PSP
If your eyes are completely clean and all eye wires are in good condition then they could have just gone bad like mine did. I changed them with my back up g6r and it fixed the problem so I ordered new eyes. Mine just randomly stopped working and I trouble shooted until I figured out the problem.
paintballer37991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:36 PM #10
tombs85

pulled and cleaned the eyes, chambers, and check over wiring one of the eyes is blackish in color so i assume its slightly burnt out. order some new 4c laser eyes today. Hopefully it fixes the issue.
tombs85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:14 PM #11
Axe Man
I Paint With My Balls

Axe Man owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Axe Man has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Axe Man has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Did changing the eyes fix your problem
Axe Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 PM #12
tombs85

Quote: