PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-16-2012, 05:38 PM #1
AlexStewart
Surrey Slaughterhouse

AlexStewart owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tips for divison 3 back players

I'm aware of all the basics, i.e communication, filling in, keeping on the trigger, etc... But are there any tips that most people do not know about?

Vancouver Paintball League
AlexStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-18-2012, 02:42 PM #2
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
Keep shooting while reloading, wrap around bunker when no one is on ur mirror
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:17 PM #3
Team_ILLNatured
Running Hatchet Man

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Team_ILLNatured supports Team VICIOUS
Team_ILLNatured plays in the APPA D5 division
Team_ILLNatured is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
Keep shooting while reloading, wrap around bunker when no one is on ur mirror
along with this, IT IS OK to come over the top of your bunker if it is a small temple, or some sort of cake or something, as long as there is noone that has the ability to shoot at you on your tape side. Also, Laning and moving on the break, and shooting and moving in general are key.
Depew Decepticonz #1 2013 USPA Batavia Novice Div Sectional Champions
Belfast Bombers #01 2012 2nd Place USPA Novice Div
Depew ILLNatured #0 2011 3rd place USPA , Great Lakes Division
My ShEGO project!
"Originally posted by Spitlebug: You are right, my penis simply will not accept anything smaller than 68 caliber. :D"
Team_ILLNatured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:49 PM #4
pnutty37

pnutty37 supports Team VICIOUS
pnutty37 supports Team VICIOUS
pnutty37 supports Empire
You should be shooting off the break as a back player EVERY game. 95% of the time the other team will only have one lane on you (if any) and you should be able to see that stream of paint and avoid it. And if your playing the snake corner like i do most of the time, you need to be wrapping your bunker and putting paint on center home where there will most likely be a player. And always keep your eyes on the field. NO ONE should be able to make moves on the other side without you seeing them. Unless your fighting all 3 players by yourself there is NO REASON you should not be constantly watching the field as a back player.

www.bolppaintball.com
pnutty37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 AM #5
AlexStewart
Surrey Slaughterhouse

AlexStewart owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Wow thanks guys, this is actually very helpful, I appreciate it.

Vancouver Paintball League
AlexStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:01 AM #6
GregT
Team Fat Kid

Annual Supporting Member
GregT is for the Gunfight
GregT has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GregT has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
If the field set-up is advantageous to have a back corner stand-up I find that an easier bunker to play. From a back corner you should be able to lock up the far side dorito or snake without exposing yourself. And yell, yell, yell. A field placement call, movement call or accurate G-count makes all the difference in the world.
GregT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 03:42 PM #7
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Nobody in this thread had a D3 badge....

Just saying.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 PM #8
MrWorkshopProduction

I've played back at D2 level and I think helping to direct traffic is a key thing for back players. You can shape the flow of the game by directing your players on one side or the other to push, that sort of thing. Taking a tip from view from the dead box here, I like to refer to back players as push players, you should generally have your gun one direction and be trying to push your guys down that side and following them.
MrWorkshopProduction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:07 PM #9
poopresearch
Dr Nick

poopresearch plays in the PSP
poopresearch supports DLX Technology
Paintball is a pretty simple game. It sounds like you have a handle on the basics.

- Every team in D3 needs to improve their teamwork and communication so that's a good place to start.
- Most teams in D3 don't know how to hold a good cross or break a cross. That's how we won three events last season...
- A common mistake D3 teams make is shooting out a wide player but failing to stop another player from filling. That's often a free kill right there so take it!!
- Lastly, don't enter into a gun battle you can't win. You should be able to tell in just a couple snaps if someone has your number or if they are a chump you can blast. Just because you aren't battling doesn't mean you can't shoot a lane or post on a fill.
poopresearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 PM #10
adarand555

couldn't agree with the last 2 guys more . shooting someone filling is an easy kill. and controlling ur front guys is super important. years of playing back i have gotten my front guys countless kills. walk the bunkers with ur front guys and go over zone - blind shots with them . so they know exactly where to put there shots when u tell them its a good time to do so . also talk it up with the other back guys so u can better get ur front guys the bigger picture on what;s going on and where the other team is located . if u are practicing for an event and can practice the layout more than once try playing the front and mid spots on ur tape u know the spots where ur front guys are gonna go . it' ll give u a better idea of what they see and what they need from u to make moves up the field . also shoot ur gun and dominate ur tape -lane and wrap . make the opposing players on ur side of the field hate to play against you. dominate everyone u can shoot at on ur side of the field . so many back guys dont shoot enough paint . i' ve always looked at it like this . as a back player I am on the field for one reason . to close-finish games. until it's closing time ur only job is to support the front guys with cover fire- lane locking and communication - field recon. also look at ur team and try to think during the game who's doing what ? do we have 2-3 guys shooting at the snake insert or the dorito 1?if u have ever watched a game from the sideline when one team gets to the fifty half of the opposite team will start shooting or looking at that bunker . not needed right . learn to think quick and react to what needs to be done . dont be afraid in practice to run by your front guy and get up the field especially if you feel they are taking their sweet *** time . then tell them after the game bro i made the move what are u waiting for . and like the other guys said practice closing games usually 2 on 4's or 3 on 5's drills . practice being on both sides of this situation. practice shooting people off the break . get comfortable - fast at break shooting . or when they say go getting ur lane to where it needs to be as fast and as accurately as possible . if u get nasty at this and play alot of local tournaments people will know better than to run thru ur lane and will actually stop going far - wide off the break . and that makes you and your teams job alot easier . sorry i'm not wicked into pbnation and dont have a badge but i have won nationals playing back in every format of paintball except ten man. my first national was the last nppl where they still played in the woods.
adarand555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 06:14 PM #11
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Know the blind shots on the fields. It will help you get critical kills.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:29 PM #12
Xfactor1331
Proving Grounds Or Die.

Xfactor1331 plays in the PSP
Xfactor1331 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Xfactor1331 plays in the APPA D3 division
One thing i always do as a back player look at your guys see who is shooting where and adjust to them. keep yelling bunkers and talk and i mean talk to your players make them feel comfortable Telling them stuff like i got you or saying play smart or do your thing really helps your boys.
Also a big overlooked thing to work on is loading while running if you get this your game will be key being able to shoot your loader run to a corner or anywhere load and ready to go again
Josh Pookie Powell Fan #1
PG RISE FOREVER
Xfactor1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:38 PM #13
crich775
Infinite Focus Media

crich775 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crich775 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
crich775 supports DLX Technology
Learn more than back player skills, learn to close a game, learn to shoot and move, play every bunker on the field. Work a lot of 1-2, 1-3 drills because you will be the last man standing a lot. Paintball is an athletes game these days, teams that expect to win don't just stick the fat guy in the back anymore.
crich775 is offline   Reply With Quote