Old 08-16-2012, 01:30 PM #1
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Azodin Blitz spring question.

So I currently have a 2011 Azodin Blitz as my low-end and only "poppet" marker. A friend gave me a set of old Mongoose Springs and it got me thinking. Which spring would get me the most shots without and issues like burping, while still being able to shoot around 270-280 FPS?

I have put all of the springs through without air to see if there is any more spring resistance to get the Striker caught on the seer. All of them could get the Striker on the seer without any major difficulty.

The kit has 3 different springs. I will just call them light, medium, and heavy, for the amount of resistance. These springs are also a little bit longer than the standard Azodin spring. The light and medium spring feel softer than the stock spring. They could have been used before, but I'm not sure.

So I want to know which spring would give me the best efficiency without issue while still achieving 280 FPS. I would also like to know if just the longer spring length would give me any FPS gain. And what about a smoother shot? I know that you won't really get much of a smooth shot out of a STBB, but anything helps.

I think the softer the spring the easier it would be to return, getting the most shots out without burping, with possibly a lower pressure. Theoretically, the added length would increase the FPS as well since the spring still has a little bit of tension, so it is always pushing forward instead of reaching its full length.

So how much change would I see if I were to use one of these springs? And which spring would make the most sense?
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement