Community Focus

Old 06-10-2012, 01:00 AM #1
PBguy16
leggo my Ego

PBguy16 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
PBguy16 is for the Gunfight
Echo 1 RedStar AK47 vs. Echo 1 STAG 15 RC

Guys, this one is tearing me in half.

AK- pros- looks bad ***, full metal, 400fps(wait for it, there could be a con) - cons- I need this gun at 400fps but i need to upgrade barrel (maybe 6.03, if it doesn't make fps rise, idk if anyone knows about that).

M4- pros- Familiar with M4 layout, easy to disassemble, 360fps(need to get to 400fps via barrel and hop up bucking) - cons- a lot of plastic on externals of this gun.

Basically, I want a 400fps gun, that has a precision barrel(6.01 or 6.03). Does a 6.03mm barrel increases fps? Because i know a 6.01mm will, thats why i cant put it in the AK. Thanks guys, like i said this one is killing me.
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2012, 07:36 AM #2
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
i had the AK your talking about, so i can speak for that, not the M4 however.

Im not sure where you got that the AK shoots 400fps. me and my buddy both had one, and they both shot consistant between 380-385fps with KSC .20g high precision BB's. The construction of the thing is like a tank though! battery life even with a NiMH or NiCad battery is decent. I could stretch 1 out for a day if it wasnt cold out. The gun shoots amazing out of the box, with very good range and accuracy, but you may have better luck using a heavier weight BB, i found after a little while of breaking it in, even with my hop up off, the bb's still curved up until i switched to .23g. All in All, for the price, this gun cannot be beat.

as far as the barrel, i would think it may up your fps very slightly, but not by too much.

just my $.02

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 AM #3
MangoChutney
HAI IM A BAT!

They're both going to perform comparable. I've owned the M4 and know friends that had the Red Star and they're both pretty good guns; but if you really wanted to get an AK I'd recommend getting a Dboys instead. The Echo1 AK is just a Cyma with a different name stamped on it and is not as good as the Dboys. The Dboys uses a stamped steel receiver and externals whereas the Echo1/Cyma is just lesser quality pot metals and aluminum. The internals between the two are about the same but I prefer the Dboys better because they have slightly beefier gears that can hold up better. The Echo1/Cyma is a copy of the TM style AK while the Dboys is a copy of the VFC AK so in terms of disassembly the Dboys is gunna win hands down.

Adding a tightbore to any gun is gunna raise the FPS a few, but nothing more than maybe 10-15fps. Just get a good hop up unit and use heavier BBs and you'll get more range and better accuracy out of any gun. As for what you should choose out of those two? Get whichever feels good to you, because they'll both perform about the same but if you don't like how AKs handle you obviously won't like it.
MangoChutney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 11:37 AM #4
PBguy16
leggo my Ego

Ok guys, thanks for your responses, i think im going to get an AK, i will look into the dboys ones. thanks again guys
Old 06-10-2012, 11:39 AM #5
HeatedNubbycake
^^^Gamertag^^^

HeatedNubbycake plays in the PSP
HeatedNubbycake supports Team VICIOUS
HeatedNubbycake supports Pev's Paintball
in addition to what mango said..... also think about the accessability of both guns. AK varients have minimal to no rail systems, so adding foregrips, lasers, sights ect is kind of a hassle. the M4 varients offer a much wider array of accessory use.

The only urine sample your getting from me is a taste test.
HeatedNubbycake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:36 PM #6
PBguy16
leggo my Ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatedNubbycake View Post
in addition to what mango said..... also think about the accessability of both guns. AK varients have minimal to no rail systems, so adding foregrips, lasers, sights ect is kind of a hassle. the M4 varients offer a much wider array of accessory use.
the ak i plan to get has quite a lot of rail space, considering i only want a foregrip and optics
Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 AM #7
ILKx

ILKx supports Team VICIOUS
ILKx is attending Decay of Nations VI
I think I have the STAG 15 that your talking about

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2299

If this is it and you want to buy mine for a little less, pm me. I check my messages frequently
ILKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 PM #8
stanlo0420

I have both. The stag is WAY better IMO.