Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-12-2012, 07:44 PM #1
GMF

Drone Regulator

Hi had my new drone for about a month now and it seems that the reg is very touchy in adjustments. I mean a slight turn one way or the other and it up to 325 then down 250 or less then when i hit the chrono i am seeing rather large difference in fps 280 then 225 then 275 , 240, 280 ect like this anything i can do or check i have cleaned and reblube the bolt and reg. Aslo once in awhile i get first shot drop off thenit seems to shoot ok i have abuot maybe 3 cases of paint run thur it so far.Oh and i had a pretty close bore match also i didn't want to go to tight for fear of breaking paint.Thats why i got the drone my other gun won't say who's it was i broke paint often and s[ent too much of my time cleaning my gun all day long and not playing so far almost 3 cases which is know is not much for doing a break in and not a single break and i have shot field paint all of the time. so any help on the above questiona i thank you all ahead of time.

Last edited by GMF : 08-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.
GMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2012, 08:32 PM #2
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
Are you using a High Pressure Tank? Recommend Using Mid or Low pressure tank 450-650 PSI
Also check that the Reg seat is all the Way down inside the Velocity adjustment screw..
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:53 AM #3
GMF

No i am using a low pressure tank set to around 550psi from Ninja.I will take a look at the reg screw tonight
Thanks for the info..
Old 08-14-2012, 08:54 AM #4
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

To be honest, that is the main reason I switched to a PE Violent Series SL3 reg. With an LP spring the adjustments are far less sensitive than the gladiator, the output is just as consistent and parts are much more readily available.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 AM #5
GMF

I don't really want to go messing with the gun being it's brand new. i recleaned the reg and found a bunch of grease on the set screw just below the oring don't know if that would do anything but i didn't think that a gob of grease should be there. CLeaned it off ran set screw in then aired up and shot till it did a full cycle . need to get a regulator pressure tested to check settign for 95 to 100 psi on the reg. the Dye tested will not mount up to that regulator i talked to them Monday afternoon.
Old 08-14-2012, 11:44 AM #6
SHOOTNPOO
MACDEV MASTER US TECH

SHOOTNPOO works for a Paintball manufacturer
SHOOTNPOO plays in the USPL
SHOOTNPOO posts videos on PbNation
If you need a reg tester just make one?
SHOOTNPOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:05 PM #7
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Be sure to clear the reg inbetween chrono'ing. So if you're shooting 325, do a tiny tiny adjustment down, shoot two or three times in the dirt and then get a chrono reading from the next two or three shots.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM #8
blueshifty
RIP: Underĝath

And like you've already noticed... make extremely fine adjustments.