PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2012, 10:42 PM #1
MenosDaBear

MenosDaBear owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Angry Again Ninja?? Really??

I purchased a Ninja Pro 68/4500 in May. A about a month-month 1/2 ago I noticed some substantial cracking in the bottle itself. It got sent in to Ninja and they replaced the bottle, no problem. I finally got my tank back (3 weeks later) and got 2 days of play in. Until today when I went to put away my gear and noticed that my brand spankin new bottle was yet again full of cracks!

I realize mistakes are made, and I was fine with it the first time, but having it happen again right after I got it back has made me slightly upset. Yes Ninja is good and replaces the bottles, but together with the first incident, I will be without a tank for 6 weeks and out $40 in shipping fees. As a player who has just returned to the sport this year, I did research and Ninja came highly recommended. I'm not sure I'll be able to pass on that same recommendation to the next potential buyer.
MenosDaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:48 PM #2
Eg Civic Si

Eg Civic Si owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I have the same issue and I'm also pretty mad. I have only around 3-1/2 weeks of free time so I wanted to play at least paintball twice and now I have to send in both of my ninja tanks and forget about playing until december when I get another college break
Eg Civic Si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:03 PM #3
Super69ur
Silly Hats Only

Wow... This is the 1st time I've heard of something like this....

My Ninja bottles has served me well for 2 years now.

Look at your comment. Back to mine. Back to yours NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, it isn't mine. But if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate crap it could LOOK like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through the comments, finding the ones that your comment could look like. Back at mine, what is it? It's a highly effective counter-troll. Look again, MY COMMENT IS NOW DIAMONDS.
Super69ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:05 PM #4
splatter19
Elite Action Sports Sales

Annual Supporting Member
splatter19 plays in the PSP
splatter19 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
splatter19 supports Team VICIOUS
splatter19 plays in the APPA D4 division
splatter19 supports Empire
Not sure if it's a new company doing the clear coat but my buddies looks like hell after like 2-3 months and he did not play that much, nor did he play like a crazy man... But the tank has cracks allllllll over it and looks like the rock dude from the fantastic 4
Old 08-04-2012, 11:20 PM #5
Eg Civic Si

This are mine, Black pearl has only been used 3 times, and the grey one only once. I really hope Ninja replace the black pearl with another black pearl tank, I paid extra for it and bought it for the desing.

Old 08-04-2012, 11:53 PM #6
Old School Joe

I have a thread on here regarding the same thing. Just got a new ninja tank, its only been filled once and its starting to develop cracks in the coating.
Old School Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:11 AM #7
Scrappy#13
Team Chaos

Scrappy#13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Scrappy#13 supports Team VICIOUS
Scrappy#13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Scrappy#13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
that is the craziest thing ive seen My ninja tank is 3 years old and used almost every weekend with no issues.... glad i got a good one! hope they straighten it out for you
Scrappy#13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:55 AM #8
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Well there is always Crossfire, even though I think the make Ninjas tanks now. Talk to Rob on here from Ninja, he might be able to help you out (more so).

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 AM #9
Tabris17
Will B/S/T Souls

Annual Supporting Member
Tabris17 is a Moderator
Tabris17 is BST Legit
Tabris17 supports our troops
Tabris17 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Tabris17 is Boss
Tabris17 is attending Decay of Nations VII
It appears that Ninja has a bad batch of coated tanks from the manufacturer. This is happening a lot and it's a manufacturing fault on the end of the bottle manufacturer.
As long as the fibers are not exposed the tank is still safe too use but obviously you need to keep an eye on the tank itself to make sure the cracking doesn't get any worse or deeper. The coating is looking to relieve pressure during expansion and contraction and the only way it can is by cracking.
Tabris17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:39 PM #10
splatter19
Elite Action Sports Sales

Annual Supporting Member
splatter19 plays in the PSP
splatter19 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
splatter19 supports Team VICIOUS
splatter19 plays in the APPA D4 division
splatter19 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris17
It appears that Ninja has a bad batch of coated tanks from the manufacturer. This is happening a lot and it's a manufacturing fault on the end of the bottle manufacturer.
As long as the fibers are not exposed the tank is still safe too use but obviously you need to keep an eye on the tank itself to make sure the cracking doesn't get any worse or deeper. The coating is looking to relieve pressure during expansion and contraction and the only way it can is by cracking.
Yep, called up ninja today and they took care of me thank you rob, ray and the rest of the ninja crew!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:19 PM #11
Eg Civic Si

They told me to wait until they have a meeting and get a response to then tell me what to do in my case.

Hope it doesn't take too long
Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 AM #12
chris@CrossFire

chris@CrossFire works for a Paintball manufacturer
We have manufactured some for Ninja but these are not ours!!

CrossFire only makes 5 YEAR HYDRO CARBON FIBER TANKS. No more guessing or finding out you got a glass 3 year bottle. You can TRUST CrossFire Hydro to know everything about your bottle and keep you in the game.
chris@CrossFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 03:17 PM #13
HrdCorPntballa
Drew Crew

HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
It does suck but atleast Ninja is standing behind their tanks and taking care of everyone.