Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2012, 07:41 AM #1
WGPKnight
It's just too easy.

has been a member for 10 years
WGPKnight supports Pev's Paintball
Replace MicroRock LPR? **PIC**

So I'm currently rebuilding a cocker that's been sitting in a closet for years. I noticed that the LPR was not working correctly so I took it apart and found this on the tube...

The dry rot ate away at the o-ring and some metal plating has been chipped off. I can still see some slight "bubbling" around the damage. After a vigorous wipe-down, I can't get any more shards or flakes to come off my finger when scratched.

Do you think I need to replace this tube? What kind of lube should I be using on the new o-ring?

Thanks in advance.

MacDev Black Drone DX
Custom WGP 2002 Blue Autococker
WGPKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:42 PM #2
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

EvilAuthorityX is attending Decay of Nations VI
regular paintball oil, the reg doesn't have any free moving parts so the finish really won't effect anything as long as it still seals

EvilAuthorityX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 09:57 PM #3
DocsMachine
Yeah, I can make that.

has been a member for 10 years
Hate to say it but yeah, she's toast. Once the plating has flaked like that, the O-ring will no longer seal properly.

Technically, the main piston O-ring is below the flaked area you're showing, so you might be able to get a little more life from it with a fresh 'ring, but eventually you will have to replace it- and you might be chasing occasional creeping from debris contaminating the seals in the meantime.

Doc.
Confusing the hell out of nonplayers every Monday, Wednesday and Friday since 2002.
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote