Old 08-09-2012, 06:35 PM #1
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tippmann FT-12 Question

These new Fliptop markers look pretty cool. My question is, does it work the same as a 98? What changes were there? And should they function and be just as reliable as a 98? Thanks
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 PM #2
Guy In Digi Camo

Guy In Digi Camo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Well taking a look at the gun and then product manual I can say a few things

-One accessories will be limited on this gun. I dont see milling on the diagrams for response for egrip and the gas thru grip would limit electronics, beyond had milling. Also the trigger guard looks intergrated so no aftermarket trigger.
The power tube and hammer look similar to newer markers as well as the bolt but when have those really needed upgrading anyway.
There looks to be no exhaust output on stock tubes so id say no cyclone feed for this guy.

In short no upgrades besides a barrel and hoppers.

-Two this thing looks a like a dream to maintain compared to every other tippmann made and since it is mainly marketed toward fields anyway i can say the reliability will probably be top notch.

IMO it looks to be a rock solid gun and probably be a decent gun to keep laying around as a loaner or to take a break from your usual high speed gun.

Ive noticed BT has a similar marker out as well
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3764737
I cant say how customizable their marker will be but both will probably be rock solid guns

EDIT: after reading the post i see that the BT slice will most likely retain more accessories to add on p;us both are out on the market at the same price

Last edited by Guy In Digi Camo : 08-09-2012 at 09:33 PM.
Guy In Digi Camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 11:52 AM #3
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
The BT4 Combat Slice will be more for upgrades if that is what you want. The FT-12 is extremely limited in design because its really designed only for rental use, but Tippmann was nice and decided to release it to the public. If youre just getting in to paintball, or want something to play with in the backyard, or if you want to use it as a rental marker, go for the FT-12. If you ever plan on upgrading it cosmetically with stocks and with internal performance, buy the BT4 CS.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:59 PM #4
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubbr Chickin View Post
The BT4 Combat Slice will be more for upgrades if that is what you want. The FT-12 is extremely limited in design because its really designed only for rental use, but Tippmann was nice and decided to release it to the public. If youre just getting in to paintball, or want something to play with in the backyard, or if you want to use it as a rental marker, go for the FT-12. If you ever plan on upgrading it cosmetically with stocks and with internal performance, buy the BT4 CS.
Oh, I'm not looking to purchase it, I was just curious to see if the design was similar to the 98. I'm running with a Threshy
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote