Annual Supporting Member
WP2015 plays in the PSP
WP2015 is playing at Living Legends VIII
WP2015 is an NCPA player
WP2015 supports Pev's Paintball
WP2015 is Legendary
WP2015 supports Empire
WP2015 is All In
I'm so confused. Broch offered to pay knowing the item was stolen, and is now filing a police report for being sold a stolen item? Isn't that entrapment?
Bring me ETACS or Skull Eflexes - PM Me
WP2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 AM #87
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
Of course he isn't. If Michael had any sense, he would be pushing hard against the guy he bought it from, and that guy against Addison. With everyone being pacifistic and refusing to take action, bad people will prevail. I won't stand for it. Your inaction is the cause for my action. Think about it.
Really? Because the below action taken by the OP really staes the opposite. Moreover I think he has handled this better than 99% of the people I have seen make a thread in the Theft Section. And to be 17 years old? I'd say that's pretty damn far from pacifistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photojosh View Post
Some kid online steals my marker. I file several police reports, took it up with the USPS, contacted his friends, contacted his father, notified the PBNation staff, notified the anti-scammer connection group, called this kid personally with no answer, and went as far as contacting a few of this kids Facebook buddies.

How much more do you want me to do to bring this kid out of the dark?
You've done great so far, don't let Broch discourage you. That idiot is so far in left field with his thinking it is absolutely rediculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WP2015 View Post
I'm so confused. Broch offered to pay knowing the item was stolen, and is now filing a police report for being sold a stolen item? Isn't that entrapment?
It would only be Entrapment if Broch was a government official. Although I think something should happen to Broch because he still decided to PAY for stolen property, which should be just as much of a crime as accepting the payment.
AoSpades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:58 PM #88
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 plays in the PSP
noclue119 plays in the MiLP
noclue119 is playing at Living Legends VIII
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
Really? Because the below action taken by the OP really staes the opposite. Moreover I think he has handled this better than 99% of the people I have seen make a thread in the Theft Section. And to be 17 years old? I'd say that's pretty damn far from pacifistic....

Wait why are you jumping on Broch for being the one that help solve the problem in the first place. If anything because of Broch's generosity, Photojosh got his gun back.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:12 PM #89
photojosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Wait why are you jumping on Broch for being the one that help solve the problem in the first place. If anything because of Broch's generosity, Photojosh got his gun back.
That's correct, Broch did help me retrieve my marker. It's hanging on my wall right now waiting for a cleaning

The issue that Broch presented was that we had no idea that he was going to go legal with Michael after he bought the marker. It took both of us by surprise.
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
photojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 01:13 PM #90
photojosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AoSpades View Post
Really? Because the below action taken by the OP really staes the opposite. Moreover I think he has handled this better than 99% of the people I have seen make a thread in the Theft Section. And to be 17 years old? I'd say that's pretty damn far from pacifistic.

You've done great so far, don't let Broch discourage you. That idiot is so far in left field with his thinking it is absolutely rediculous.

It would only be Entrapment if Broch was a government official. Although I think something should happen to Broch because he still decided to PAY for stolen property, which should be just as much of a crime as accepting the payment.
Thanks buddy, I appreciate it.

Could I go farther with this? No. I can't. I've pushed the ball as far as it will roll.
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
Old 08-07-2012, 01:55 PM #91
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Quote:
Because his attitude towards the OP is just **** poor. He thought the OP was a brat having everything payed by his parents and that the OP should be thankful a "mooch" should even get the help Broch was offering at all.

Turns out he knew nothing of the true situation as to the aquisition of all the OP's items (Shocking right?).

Moreover I'm "jumping on Broch" because, while what he did was generous, taking leagal action against the person he bought the marker from is a little much. From the Private messages Broch and the accused had exchanged, there was no indication of legal action, or any kind of warning given by Broch that he would TAKE legal action. If anything, Broch and the accused where extremely nonchalant about the whole transaction. It was only after Broch received the marker that his attitude changed into a hostile intent.

Also, what Broch did is borderline illegal in and of itself, purchasing KNOWN stolen merchandise. Hell if he was a government official like myself, he would more than likely be taken to court for entrapment.
AoSpades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 06:27 PM #92
photojosh

Yep, that's pretty much my stance on it as well. Broch is a nice guy, but I don't know where that came from.
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
Old 08-09-2012, 02:40 PM #93
Broch

Josh, aka Kermit, was fully aware that I was going to turn this over to law enforcement as soon as he got his marker back. Here is a transcript of the conversation:

Originally Posted by Broch
He is still trying to sell it to me, as of 15 minutes ago.

Originally Posted by Kermit
Oh really? I'ma light a fire under his butt pretty dang quick.

Originally Posted by Broch
Just notify the police, don't flame him up! I'm going to buy it from him and give it back to you. I'll let the police sort it out from there.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:52 PM #94
maniacwithagun

has been a member for 10 years
maniacwithagun plays in the PSP
maniacwithagun is an NCPA player
maniacwithagun plays in the APPA D3 division
you have to post actual screen shots for it to be considered evidence....
maniacwithagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:09 PM #95
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 plays in the PSP
noclue119 plays in the MiLP
noclue119 is playing at Living Legends VIII
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by maniacwithagun View Post
you have to post actual screen shots for it to be considered evidence....
I don't think Broch cares. He did his good deed and was made to look like the bad guy(unintentionally).

Anyways this case reminds me of the case when a by stander performed CPR on a guy and saved his life but got sued for cracking 2 ribs.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:24 PM #96
Broch

Quote:
I don't think Broch cares. He did his good deed and was made to look like the bad guy(unintentionally).

Anyways this case reminds me of the case when a by stander performed CPR on a guy and saved his life but got sued for cracking 2 ribs.
Exactly. I'm not going to sit by and watch lies be told, but frankly, I don't care anymore. Josh didn't have faith in the community here to help, so he came to a community that did. We all put a lot of time and effort into it, and I put my own money into it. The money seriously didn't mean jack to me. The other community even offered to reimburse me for my expenses, which I declined. There are only 2 people who I will accept the money from, Addison or Michael. Both of these parties sold stolen merchandise.

This is no longer a PBN issue, as the stolen marker has been returned to its rightful owner. The reason I have attitude with him isn't because of his socio-economic status. It is because once he got his marker back, he dropped the ball.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 PM #97
photojosh

.......ok....?

I'm not going to ask Michael for money, because that would defeat the purpose of you helping.

I have done everything in my power to get money from Addison.

I'm not bashing, crapping, or hating on Broch. He has helped out a lot. However, giving a gift and expecting return is flat out stupid.
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
Old 08-09-2012, 09:59 PM #98
Windy City Mojo13
Chicago Beatdown

Windy City Mojo13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Windy City Mojo13 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Windy City Mojo13 is for the Gunfight
Windy City Mojo13 supports DLX Technology
me and my buddies play at CPX every weekend... well keep a look out for ya! i also know most of the employees and the owner so ill let them know too

Sponsored by: HKarmy and Trademygun.com

Dlx Luxe 1.0, 2.0 ups
2012 Boblong G6R
Windy City Mojo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 10:14 PM #99
Broch

Josh, I did it to help you, and you only. I very well may re-open the PayPal claim against Michael. I left that option open to myself. I do expect return from one of them. I'm continuing after Addison as well. I'm pretty sure that I'll be seeing him very soon.

It is obvious you have a life goes on attitude about this whole thing. You have thrown up your hands at the altar of I did all I could. In my world, that isn't an option. To you, it was just a marker. To me, it is all about principles. I'll go to the ends of the Earth for principles. In the real world, it is eat or be eaten. I eat.

Josh, we can shake and walk away from this right now. I don't have hard feelings with you. What I'm not going to do is to sit by and watch lies be told, and my name smeared by that guy who butted in after this thing was over and done with. There is nothing more for public consumption. The train wreck is over.

Would a mod please close this thread?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 PM #100
photojosh

Yep, I'll say it again. Broch is a legit guy, but I do want to keep my hands clean from here on out. If the opportunity comes up to properly deal with Addison, I'll take it by all means. At this point, it is a "I did what I could", because I believe I did all that was within my power.

I have no hard feelings whatsoever with you man, and I appreciate all that you've done through this LONG process.

Lets wrap this up, please close.
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
Old 08-09-2012, 10:36 PM #101
Broch

Josh, you may be able to close the thread
Old 08-09-2012, 11:43 PM #102
photojosh

Nope.
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
Old 08-25-2012, 12:18 PM #103
LongpoleLax

LongpoleLax has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LongpoleLax has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LongpoleLax supports DLX Technology
I don't understand why you were going legal with Michael tho. Can someone please explain?
LongpoleLax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 12:17 PM #104
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Broch felt that Michael was in possession of stolen property, and should have just returned said property. Taken up with the person that he bought the item from for getting his money back. But he made him an offer, that Broch would pay Michael for the item, have it shipped to him, then forward said shipping to photojosh. But he expected Michael to return to him the money that he sent him.

At least that is how I read it.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 01:34 PM #105
MNSasquatch

MNSasquatch owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MNSasquatch owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
MNSasquatch supports Team VICIOUS
this has gotten so twisted and weird, i think people are losing sight that atticus (or whatever his name is) is the one that needs to be charged with the crime. but josh best of luck to you.

my apologies its addison