PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 08-06-2012, 09:34 PM #1
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

All Star Paintball Any Good?

Hey PBN. Just moved to the Colorado Springs area (a few minutes from Chapel Hills Mall) and I'm looking for some paintball. Played in AZ (Walking distance from Fort Adobe, if any of you guys have heard of them or practiced there.). Went with my friends almost every weekend starting last January, but haven't been balling since June, and I'm dying to start back up. I've done some research around this area and have seen Blitz, but it's in Denver, so trips there will be about once a month. I also came across All Star Paintball which seems to be pretty close to where I'm at. I've got a few questions about the place that I'm hoping some of you can answer.

Speedball?

I saw a video on YT, but the quality wasn't very good. Is the field any good? Turf, I'm assuming. How many fields do they have?

Bunkers?

Over inflated? Not aired up enough? Good/Bad quality bunkers? I'm used to brand new PSP Bunkers at FAP. ;P

People?

How many people show up? Are they a lot of D-Bags that cry when someone wipes? xD

Player level?

Although I've never been on a team, I played every weekend with D4 - D2 players and did pretty well. (Elevation, if any of you guys heard of them were there most Sundays) What division are most of the players at ASP? Is it better to go on Saturday or Sunday? I assume Sunday, but seeing as it looks like there's only one field, it seems like it may be hogged with teams, leaving no room for walk-ons.

Admission?

How much is admission? Do they have year/monthly passes?

Paintballs?

Can I bring my own paint, or do I have to buy what they have? And how much is a case of paint, and what kind is it?
And if they say I must bring my own paint, is it really enforced? Or do they just want a certain color of fill? There was a field in AZ didn't allow anyone to bring their own paint, but it was never enforced.

Thanks in advance to anyone that is going to answer these, I really appreciate it.

Last edited by Synyster : 08-06-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2012, 02:16 AM #2
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9

madmike19 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
Sup dood, I have played at All Star a few times but Blitz is my home.

FAP is da bomb man, I got to visit once when I was seeing friends in Tempe/Phoenix area! Some of us would recognize Elevation, some ballers for sure.

I can say that All Star has some nice turf, a single indoor field but I guess a second field is in the works outside? Also turfed? Bunkers were Extreme Rage and some alternative bunkers back when I played, all in solid condition and properly inflated but again, not the true stuff. Not sure if that has changed but I imagine so!

Pretty good turnouts but everyone gets a good chance to play no matter level of competition. The field team plays D4 I'd imagine that's the upper tier of competition for the most part. Sunday is the day for speedball in Colorado for the most part, you'll have a chance to hop on.

Please stop yo wiping, then there's no crying about it. And just support the field, buy your paint there!
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM #3
Misha"mole"yelich
MISHKA

Misha"mole"yelich supports Team VICIOUS
fort Adobe is sick, reffed there with the elevation guys a few years back there.
Misha"mole"yelich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:39 PM #4
stubyslap

stubyslap owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
stubyslap supports Team VICIOUS
stubyslap posts videos on PbNation
stubyslap has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey PBN. Just moved to the Colorado Springs area (a few minutes from Chapel Hills Mall) and I'm looking for some paintball. Played in AZ (Walking distance from Fort Adobe, if any of you guys have heard of them or practiced there.). Went with my friends almost every weekend starting last January, but haven't been balling since June, and I'm dying to start back up. I've done some research around this area and have seen Blitz, but it's in Denver, so trips there will be about once a month. I also came across All Star Paintball which seems to be pretty close to where I'm at. I've got a few questions about the place that I'm hoping some of you can answer.

Speedball?

I saw a video on YT, but the quality wasn't very good. Is the field any good? Turf, I'm assuming. How many fields do they have?

THEY OFFICIALLY HAVE 2 FIELDS, 1 INDOOR AND ONE FULL SIZE OUTDOOR.

Bunkers?

Over inflated? Not aired up enough? Good/Bad quality bunkers? I'm used to brand new PSP Bunkers at FAP. ;P

THE BUNKERS ARE 98% SUP AIR, HE DID JUST GET A 2010 PSP FIELD TO GO ON THE OUTDOOR, THE PLAN EVENTUALLY I BELIEVE IS TO GET A 2013 NPPL FIELD IN THE SPRING BECAUSE THATS THE LEAGUE THERE NATIONAL TEAM PLAYS.

People?

How many people show up? Are they a lot of D-Bags that cry when someone wipes? xD

SATURDAYS....
IS MOSTLY REC BALL WITH RENTAL GUNS, HOWERVER THERE ARE USUALLY 6-10 TOURNEY GUYS, MOSTLY ROOKIE-NOV LEVEL

SUNDAYS....
HAS A FAIR SHARE OF TOURNEY GUYS THERE. SUNDAY MORNINGS ALLSTAR NATIONAL TEAM AND THERE B SQUAD HOLDS OPEN PRACTICE AND ANYONE CAN PLAY/DRILL. EVERYONE INCLUDING MY TEAM NXS ALWAYS WELCOMES WALKONS

Player level?

Although I've never been on a team, I played every weekend with D4 - D2 players and did pretty well. (Elevation, if any of you guys heard of them were there most Sundays) What division are most of the players at ASP? Is it better to go on Saturday or Sunday? I assume Sunday, but seeing as it looks like there's only one field, it seems like it may be hogged with teams, leaving no room for walk-ons.

SEE ABOVE ANSWER

Admission?

How much is admission? Do they have year/monthly passes?

I BELIEVE ADMISSION WITH ADA IS 20..

Paintballs?

Can I bring my own paint, or do I have to buy what they have? And how much is a case of paint, and what kind is it?
And if they say I must bring my own paint, is it really enforced? Or do they just want a certain color of fill? There was a field in AZ didn't allow anyone to bring their own paint, but it was never enforced.

IT IS FIELD PAINT ONLY.... PERIOD
THEY ONLY SELL VALKEN, HOWEVER THEY USUALLY HAVE EVERYTHING FROM FIELD GRADE TO REDEMTION PRO. PAINT PRICES ARE 48 A CASE AND UP I BELIEVE

Thanks in advance to anyone that is going to answer these, I really appreciate it.
Colorado NXS Captain #33
Thank You to Our Sponsors

Planet Eclipse / Virtue Paintball / BLITZ Paintball
OLD FEEDBACK / RCTECH.COM FEEDBACK
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post27403423 / http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=67093
stubyslap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:46 PM #5
stubyslap

Colorado NXS Captain #33

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post27403423 / http://www.rctech.net/forum/itrader.php?u=67093
Old 08-09-2012, 11:25 PM #6
Synyster
Fort Adobe Paintball

Yes, FAP is legit. ;P

Thanks to everyone for the replies! $48 a case and I can't bring my own ? D:
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:53 AM #7
kryptonite1

kryptonite1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kryptonite1 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kryptonite1 is attending Decay of Nations VI
My son and I love this field we drive 5 hours one way once or twice a month to play here Dave and his staff are wonderful have not played on outdoor field yet but always a good time when we go there. Check it out gor yourself.
kryptonite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM #8
cmdrsuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
Yes, FAP is legit. ;P

Thanks to everyone for the replies! $48 a case and I can't bring my own ? D:
That's a fair price. Its not crap paint either.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 04:11 PM #9
stubyslap

Anyone who complains about a feild who sells really good pqint for under $50 clearly has no clue how much money dave has in overhead, or in equipment let allone the money invested in the outdoor!

DAVE AND ALLSTAR SAVED TOURNAMENT PAINTBALL IN COLORADO SPRINGS! HIS PRICES QRE GREAT FOR ANY FIELD, LET ALONE AN INDOOR.

GO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. U WONT BE DISAPOINTED
Colorado NXS Captain #33

Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 PM #10
madmike19
Mile High Saints Open #9

madmike19 supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubyslap View Post
Anyone who complains about a feild who sells really good pqint for under $50 clearly has no clue how much money dave has in overhead, or in equipment let allone the money invested in the outdoor!

DAVE AND ALLSTAR SAVED TOURNAMENT PAINTBALL IN COLORADO SPRINGS! HIS PRICES QRE GREAT FOR ANY FIELD, LET ALONE AN INDOOR.

GO CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF. U WONT BE DISAPOINTED
Ballin' in the 303 baby!!! MHS Open #9
DARK Vampire SL94
madmike19 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups