Community Focus

Old 08-07-2012, 06:48 PM #1
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Gyvanth has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gyvanth has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Should I go with a .692?

I'm about to buy an Invert Carbon Fiber Barrel, 14", which is a .692 . I'm a little worried that this large size will cause issues with my openbolt Piranha. Will I run into issues with overboring like this? I typically shoot JT or RPS brand.

EDIT: Also, if it matters, I live in the north-east where the temperatures can get pretty hot and muggy in the summer to very chilly during the fall and winter.

Last edited by Gyvanth : 08-07-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Gyvanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM #2
ladysmanfelpz

Too high for me. Im in the northwest and don't see the shrinking paint as most people are reporting. Smallest case I got was probably around .686. I wouldn't go anything over .689 for barrel unless you are following an overboring protocol. Im shooting .684 only. Underbores most paint, and if it is a tiny batch, oh well. Underboring doesn't break more paint. In fact I saw a study and I believe overboring actually does. Also overboring will be less accurate and wastes air. Wastes a lot actually. If it is a small batch, you could drop 30 fps which results in hundreds of shots less from your tank. I find .687 to be the new .689 or .690 barrel now adays. Don't go with the .692 unless its a crazy good deal.

My New Feedback
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM #3
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Well, ANS is running a crazy sale right now and I want to replace my stock barrel. I thought that this carbon fiber barrel would be a great deal since it is now only $20, down from the original $60. How much wasted air are we talking about? Would it still be more accurate than my stock 9inch barrel?

EDIT: Would it be better or worse than this barrel?

Last edited by Gyvanth : 08-07-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:49 PM #4
Snowbone
Caleb Adrian

Snowbone owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Snowbone has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Snowbone has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Honestly if you are comparing it with the CP go with the CP. Lots of people have CP barrels and they are proven and are pretty accurate you can't really go wrong with those especially for $30.
Snowbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 08:54 PM #5
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I shoot everything with my .678 Lurker Eigenbarrel, no breaks at all.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 09:03 PM #6
Gyvanth
That Awkward Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowbone View Post
Honestly if you are comparing it with the CP go with the CP. Lots of people have CP barrels and they are proven and are pretty accurate you can't really go wrong with those especially for $30.
Also, I think if I get the CP I'll get the .689, does that seem like a good choice? The only other choices are .685 or .693

The CP is actually more expensive than the carbon fiber one right now due to the sale, would you still choose it over the carbon fiber Invert?

Sorry about all the questions, this is the first aftermarket barrel I've ever gotten, I didn't even know different bore sizes existed until about 48 hours ago...

Last edited by Gyvanth : 08-07-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:11 PM #7
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyvanth View Post
Even over something like this?

Also, I think if I get the CP I'll get the .689, does that seem like a good choice? The only other choices are .685 or .693

Sorry about all the questions, this is the first aftermarket barrel I've ever gotten, I didn't even know different bore sizes existed until about 48 hours ago...
Go with the .685 out of those choices. Most paint bores at around .682 these days, if you can get a .680 or a .679 you'll be a lot happier with your consistency. Those Invert barrels are crap though.

Not to sound like a broken record, but the Lurker barrel is only $40 and is one of the best 1pc barrels on the market. It comes in .684 and .678 . Like I said before, I shoot everything through the .678 and never break a ball.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 08-08-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 AM #8
ladysmanfelpz

Just go .685 cp. Tried and true and will shoot everything.

My New Feedback
ladysmanfelpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:44 AM #9
drgonzo
Half-cocked

As long as you can meet your efficiency needs, overboring is a pretty good option for open-bolt semis.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 PM #10
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
i haven't used anything bigger than a .682 in quite some time.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:31 PM #11
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
I was thinking about buying that same barrel from ans gear, but the only thing thats stopping me is the large bore size (everyone says that paint is around .680 these days and the barrel is .692) and the fact that i would have to buy it from ansgear. Ive heard many baf stories about them which makes me skeptical, but the price is almost to good to pass up! I shoot a gog envy btw. Someone help me! Should i buy it?
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 09:11 PM #12
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
I was thinking about buying that same barrel from ans gear, but the only thing thats stopping me is the large bore size (everyone says that paint is around .680 these days and the barrel is .692) and the fact that i would have to buy it from ansgear. Ive heard many baf stories about them which makes me skeptical, but the price is almost to good to pass up! I shoot a gog envy btw. Someone help me! Should i buy it?
No. Reasons are in the thread you created after asking this question that asks the exact same question.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 PM #13
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
No. Reasons are in the thread you created after asking this question that asks the exact same question.
I posted here first and then created the thread. I wanted to get an answer as quick as possible because im playing next week and need to order a barrel asap. Sorry
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 05:34 AM #14
caroline baller
MOBILE GUN TURRET

caroline baller owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Go with the cp 685 they shoot great. Ans probably dropped the price that low because they suck and they want to cut their losses and get out. Btw just because its carbon fiber doesn't mean it's a good barrel

If you come back with full pods you're not doing your job !!
caroline baller is offline   Reply With Quote