PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-02-2012, 11:06 PM #1
TDonovan
I have you now!

has been a member for 10 years
Halo Too Crushing/Puncturing Fragile Paint

I thought my Halo Too was totally sweet until I started playing with Allstar paint. The pointy little paddles are puncturing some paintballs which are then exploding when air hits it in the breach as I fire.

I lowered my speed setting to be insanely low (like 1 or 2) and I still don't think it is helping. So, I bought an ANS drive cone thinking thinking that the different shape/paddles would be a little more gentle than the pointy prongs of the Halo Too's paddle.

Unfortunately I did not realize that the Halo cones had a 2 piece system with a spring. The 1 part I do have (cone) won't fit as-is on the hopper. I am wondering if another piece will make this function, or if I should just get some screws/washers and screw the dang thing on somehow.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get the piece to fit, what else I can do to mod the hopper to be more gentle, and WHY for petes sake is it so rough on paint?
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 AM #2
WillIbe

just to be sure, make sure that your drive-cone spring (the clock spring/round spring under the cone) is installed the right way...I bought a used halo that had a backwards spring and it destroyed paint, i flipped the spring and its all good.

to test it, turn on the hopper and try to stop the cone. If the cone just pushes against your finger or jams, the spring is backwards, IF the cone stops and you can feel the tension build up, the spring is OK and you may just need to loosten the tenstion when you re-install the cone

you can test with the hopper off; holding your hopper with the backplate facing your chest, put your finger on the right-hand side of the cone (where the entrance to the freeway is) and try to pull the cone backwards (towards you). It should fairly easily move, and when you release, kind of spring back. Again, if it is not doing this, your spring is not properly installed
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:39 AM #3
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cfl mike owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cfl mike supports Team VICIOUS
cfl mike is for the Gunfight
cfl mike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was pretty sure the TOO, and the Halos, used the same parts (stock they have a few differences).

Could you send some pictures or a short video? That would help me help you.

If worse comes to worse, since we only need to shoot 12 BPS, you should be able to run it without the spring setup.

BTW you should have checked out the Halo "Smart Guide" system from XEON PB. It will even make the Halo reball friendly.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3808906
cfl mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:01 PM #4
TDonovan
I have you now!

has been a member for 10 years
There is no drive cone spring in the Halo Too. It has a paddle almost like a revvy.

I think I'm going to visit the pball store and pick up a real drive cone with spring and install it.
Old 08-07-2012, 11:22 PM #5
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDonovan View Post
There is no drive cone spring in the Halo Too. It has a paddle almost like a revvy.

I think I'm going to visit the pball store and pick up a real drive cone with spring and install it.
You sure? Like a revy? I have not seen a force fed loader with a drive cone anything close to a revys, send a pic lets take a look at that thing. BTW if you are going to get a new drive cone, take a look at those Xeon SmartGuides I mentioned, those have to easily be the best upgrade I have ever seen for a Halo, just wised they came out with it when I still used one.

Why do people do this wanna-be hk thing? I mean hk people dont even play paintball, they just whine and start drama while wearing the ugliest stuff. Seriously you find light blue and pink to be attractive colors for your parents 1500 dollar investment (your gun/marker)? If you want to whine keep it off the field and save it for the internet; O wait! THATS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DO! Haha, if you don't play then don't whine.

I want your G6r parts and upgrades, sell them to me, because you wont get anything for them if you sell/trade them with the gun.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:08 AM #6
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Im in the process of getting on of those Xeon SmartGuides now but it looks like their online shop is having some problems and you cant find a distributor here in the states, try sending a PM to xeonpb and he will set you up.

In regards to the cone/paddle, I can tell you on my stock hopper it looks more like

and less like

Last edited by Infidel1 : 08-17-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Infidel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:05 AM #7
WillIbe

I read about these hoppers being rough on paint; I would still look into whether there's a spring that can be adjusted under that demon spyder paddle
"Originally posted by PBMT: Oh, and btw, you worrying about grammar on internet forums is like watching a special olympics race judge yelling at a contestant for going outside of his lines on the track...no one cares and you look like an idiot doing so."
WillIbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:44 PM #8
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel1 View Post
Im in the process of getting on of those Xeon SmartGuides now but it looks like their online shop is having some problems and you cant find a distributor here in the states, try sending a PM to xeonpb and he will set you up. Also, make sure you get the one specific for the Halo Too since you will need a longer driveshaft.

In regards to the cone/paddle, I can tell you on my stock hopper it looks more like

and less like

Thats ridiculous, I didnt know that, I could have sworn last time I saw a Too is looked like regular Halo stuff. Yea I guess that could be causing the issue, those types of paddles arent meant for force feeding loaders.

Old 08-10-2012, 09:16 AM #9
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Confirmed the site is back up and I just placed my order. FYI for a halo too the TL edition should work just fine.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:57 AM #10
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Confirmed the site is back up and I just placed my order. FYI for a halo too the TL edition should work just fine.
Thats cool man, you should make some videos of you using the SmartGuide. Id really like to see more of it.

Old 09-03-2012, 11:44 PM #11
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Confirmed, there is no need for a freeway or feed stack monitoring, but some slight sanding was needed to the raceway.

Works great, its very fast, havent seen any paint break in my first case, no jams even when shooting reballs, and I can clean it without taking the whole damn thing apart! Now we just need someone to develop a low profile shell.

NOTE: Dont be an idiot like me and just try to install it without reading the directions. The antijam pieces must be installed in a certain direction or it wont work correctly.

Last edited by Infidel1 : 09-04-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:17 AM #12
cfl mike
Ron Paul = God

Quote:
Confirmed, there is no need for a freeway or feed stack monitoring, but some slight sanding was needed to the raceway.

Works great, its very fast, havent seen any paint break in my first case, no jams even when shooting reballs, and I can clean it without taking the whole damn thing apart! Now we just need someone to develop a low profile shell.

NOTE: Dont be an idiot like me and just try to install it without reading the directions. The antijam pieces must be installed in a certain direction or it wont work correctly.
Dude thats cool man, you should post a review on it (video). Even though I dont really use my Halo anymore, I was still thinking about buying this to add on to my "Ultimate Halo Project". I was never the biggest fan of the Magna Clutch.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:08 AM #13
Infidel1
PBNs Public Enemy #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfl mike View Post
Dude thats cool man, you should post a review on it (video). Even though I dont really use my Halo anymore, I was still thinking about buying this to add on to my "Ultimate Halo Project". I was never the biggest fan of the Magna Clutch.
Im not a fan of doing reviews but I do try to support products that actually work.

I would like to see that Ultimate Halo project, I have tried so many mods with mine I think I could have easily purchased a high end hopper by now and I still dont know if that speed wheel really made much of a difference (Ive since taken it off )

Other than that, I would still say my biggest grip about the Halo is how big they are... why cant someone make a shell that has a lower profile and can be disassembled without any tools? You would think that would be much easier to design than something like a smartguide...