Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 PM #1
NuNu-Kareem

question about DM7s

this is going to be my first gun and i bought a DM7 for 350 along with a bunch of other stuff. but how hard are DMs to maintain. are they easy to take care of or what.
NuNu-Kareem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2012, 10:42 PM #2
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Not hard to maintain, takes a couple minutes after every weekend of use. But make sure you read the manual.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 AM #3
MurderFX

First off, great purchase. I love my DM7s as much as I love any other marker I own.

A couple things I recommend:
1. Read the manual.
2. Understand the manual.
3. Buy a medium parts kit. Unfortunately it's hard to find the DM7/PM8 parts kits now so you can just buy the DM8-11 medium parts kit and then just understand the eye pipes won't work. So pick up an extra eye pipe for a DM7/PM8.
4. Spend 5 minutes after each weekend of play and clean, inspect and lube the bolt o-rings.
5. Once a year clean and rebuild the LPR and HPR.

If you have any issues with your DM7, first ensure you're using a good quality battery, I use Duracells and they work great. Second, if it's leaking, look in your manual or read the sticky threads here, but this shouldn't be an issue if you've lubed it properly.

Since you bought used you might as well go ahead and clean, inspect, replace if necessary, and lube the bolt o-rings to get yourself ready for your first day of play.

Oklahoma D-Day 2012 - German Army - Join the fun
MurderFX is offline   Reply With Quote