Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2012, 03:12 AM #1
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA D5 division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Stock and mag for procarbine

Looking to make my new procarbine look relatively close to a thompson machine gun. trying to find a straight mag and commando solid stock that i could mount onto the carbine. if anyone has pictures, links or details on how to do anything please post. I'm fairly new to modding beyond bolt on parts but am pretty tech savvy and willing to try and learn
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2012, 04:01 PM #2
tarrguy57

anyone ever done mods to a procarbine? any help would be great
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 AM #3
tarrguy57

gotta be somebody in voided warranty you has modified their procarbine! come on can anyone give a guy a hand?

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM #4
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

Havent modded a pro carbine, but Im sure you could get thompson mags easier and cheaper then I can here in canada. I can get mags for $40-80 here. The hardest is to make a reciever/magwell for these mags.

Alternitavely, you can be inspired by the hate post above and look into airsoft shells to use for your project. That might be lightyears easier.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 PM #5
tarrguy57

picked up an all metal thompson m1a1 mag for cheap online. i'll see what i can do about mounting options. worst comes to worst i might pick up a boneyard version of a metal thompson m1a1 airsoft gun and start cadavering parts.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 PM #6
first out

has been a member for 10 years
If I wasn't too busy I would offer to make a mag well for you.
I have made one in past years.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 AM #7
tarrguy57

have any pictures of said mag?

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 07-26-2012, 08:34 PM #8
first out

has been a member for 10 years
I could not locate a picture of the mag.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:09 AM #9
tarrguy57

so i sourced a metal m4a1 thompson airsoft mag, ripped out the internals and now i just need to grind out the back side to match the shape of the body better, drill and hole and screw it on. will post pics when complete. also sourced a commando stock and with the instruction of first out i'll mill threads to the end cap to match a procarbine end cap and mount it up. that will take more time though

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 08-06-2012, 06:58 PM #10
tarrguy57

here is a pic of the mag installed. just need to get a thicker bolt to hold it in place so it doesn't wobble around. all i need to do now it get the end cap milled and attach the stock

not bad for 20 minutes with a dremel and a drill

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 08-06-2012, 07:27 PM #11
Box
Wroooaaarrrr!

Annual Supporting Member
Box is playing at Living Legends VII
You might be able to get an A5 stock adapter fitted into the back of the pro carbine. That sticks a buffer tube out of the back of the gun allowing any AR15 stock to fit, you also could probably do that with light to no modification to your stock parts.

*edit

Actually, APP makes an adjustable stock for the Pro-Carbine.

http://www.allenpaintball.com/tippmann.html

Last edited by Box : 08-06-2012 at 07:31 PM.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:48 PM #12
tarrguy57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Box View Post
You might be able to get an A5 stock adapter fitted into the back of the pro carbine. That sticks a buffer tube out of the back of the gun allowing any AR15 stock to fit, you also could probably do that with light to no modification to your stock parts.

*edit

Actually, APP makes an adjustable stock for the Pro-Carbine.

http://www.allenpaintball.com/tippmann.html
thanks for the insight but i'm looking to make my pro carbine look like a modern m4a1 thompson machine gun so i'll be using a commando solid stock. an a5 stock adapter won't work perfectly. the end cap on a pro carbine is actually threaded so any type of end cap i end up using will need to have the proper threads milled at the proper angle to get the stock to line up straight.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T