PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-04-2012, 03:08 AM #1
mr.gnarly
Gornlord

Bolts

Lookin for delrin, I have alot of steel ones but my next two cocker projects are going to be mqd, qevs etc, so for speed im guessing delrin this time.

I found a delrin jam bolt for real cheap but also found darts, wgp delrin, aka delrin.

Im also changing to the tech t back block, does this mean I can use any bolt now?
mr.gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2012, 04:56 AM #2
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

honestly the wgp ones are pretty good, the eclipse ones dont seem to offer anything over it and the aka ones are pricey, the only one id actually consider an "upgrade" and be worth the money is a slik edge III...they have the evo length ones on compulsive, the 2k spec ones are a bit hard to find though.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:19 PM #3
pakmule87

I'm kinda jumping into the same boat. Currently have a hybrid bolt with just the open hole head on it, and was looking into getting a full delrin one with orings. Thinking about just grabbing a new check it off of paintballgateway.com for $40, along with their detent if I have an extra $20 at the time.
pakmule87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM #4
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakmule87 View Post
I'm kinda jumping into the same boat. Currently have a hybrid bolt with just the open hole head on it, and was looking into getting a full delrin one with orings. Thinking about just grabbing a new check it off of paintballgateway.com for $40, along with their detent if I have an extra $20 at the time.
im sure if you looked around you could find one used for cheaper. if your already going to spend $40 id get an AKA one:

http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/1...ng-Bolt-Delrin
Old 08-05-2012, 08:14 PM #5
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
AKA's bolts are some of the best out there, in terms of airflow. I can't say I've used one myself, but having made bolts that roughly compare to an AKA Lightning and a Shocktech Superfly (internally, at least, they're midblock bolts), I picked up a good 25 FPS just from using a bolt with smaller internal passages and fewer drastic changes in flow direction or internal diameter.

Slik Edge III's are really nice, too, if you can find one in 2k+. Bought one back in the day, and even though the gun it's on has since been converted to a sniper, the bolt (and the CCM delrin back block) are staying
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:12 PM #6
pakmule87

I was considering the lightning, though the fact you also have to spend another $20 (at least over at compulsive) to get the bolt pin with the darn plunger since they couldn't just put it in it to begin with. Though will a plunger from a stock delrin wgp bolt work?
pakmule87 is offline   Reply With Quote