Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-05-2012, 12:35 AM #22
Istobla

well, I finally tried 50 cal and I love it. It is very compatible with my playing style, which mostly consists of running half way up the field and engaging with all the other crazy buggers that interpret "3, 2, 1, Go!" as the starting pistol of the 50 yard dash. It is light which I love both for running with and for pop shots/ reactive shooting. It is efficient, so I can play with a 13 CI tank and not worry about running out of air. it is small so I can use a modified 50 round hopper to hold about 140 rounds of paint, and I am use to 50 round pocket hoppers so 140 rounds is a lot of paint for me. Say what you want about GI milsim, and I will agree, they were stupid with how hard they pushed 50 cal, but the FM 50 with a pocket hopper and a 13 inch tank is an amazing marker. I think it is one of the fastest shooting mechanical single trigger markers(not counting response trigger) available. I use to be a double tapper, now I am a quadruple tapper.
I have not notices a tendency to not break. My field caries 50 cal because that is what they use for their rentals. they didnt want to sell me their typical 50 cal field paint because they didnt want me to give it to the renters(they wouldnt get their markup) so they sold me Formula 13 at the same price as 68 cal field paint. It isnt cheaper but it is like getting tournament grade 50 for the price of cheap 68.
one thing to note it that my typical engagement range is 20-80 feet and basically if you are over 60 feet away, i am just trying to make you duck and keep you from shooting at me while i get a whole bunch closer. it is great for that. when not using 50 cal, i am using my matched pair of zeus pistols or my long range Pro-Carbine, which as of tonight is first strike capable. I really wish someone would make a stacked tube 50 cal pistol so i could have a side arm to go with my fm50, and yes, if i could find a reasonably priced crossman 3357 i would totally go for that. Any way, thanks for reading, and if you get a chance to try 50 cal i real suggest you do. it is nice to have one more option in the arsenal.
Cheers
Istobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2012, 01:09 PM #23
Rover Lead

I'll stick with the gear collection I have built over the last 10 years. .50 is dead, man. Not that it ever really took hold. I have played from California to here in Illinois and I have yet to even meet a field owner who invested in it, their outlook seems to have been that it was a marketing gimmick by the like of Richmond Italia, which it was. But hey, glad you're still technically playing paintball, that's a good thing.
12 gram Drop out Assembly (Phantom)
Dmag mag well (MKPII)
Ion Longbow Ups
TiPX
Rover Lead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:05 PM #24
Stirbend

Quote:
Originally Posted by apes4us View Post
With what money? The companies that remain open for business are strapped for cash.
Also, for what market? Nobody wants a ball that shoots less far and doesn't break.
It doesn't seem to me that it matters as long as you are within 115ft or so. Which plenty for me. The paint being so much cheaper is an incentive in itself for me.
Stirbend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:37 AM #25
Dark Side
You will know the power

Annual Supporting Member
Dark Side is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC13 View Post

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Innovation is the creation of better or more effective products, processes, services, technologies, or ideas that are accepted by markets, governments, and society.

Sorry, I'm just not seeing it...
Yes, it is also not going back to outdated tech. It would be like putting leaf spring in a Ferrari.

07/08 Ego Vici Board
Dust Black ShockTech AutoCocker snatch grip
Dark Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:13 PM #26
custar

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirbend View Post
It doesn't seem to me that it matters as long as you are within 115ft or so. Which plenty for me. The paint being so much cheaper is an incentive in itself for me.
Where are you buying .50 paint and what does it cost?

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote