Community Focus

Old 07-29-2012, 10:34 PM #1
dtpbmasta
F.A.T.E

dtpbmasta supports Pev's Paintball
dtpbmasta plays in the APPA beginner division
dtpbmasta supports Empire
ICD alley cat issue

ok guys i have a ICD alley cat yes i know old school lol, anyways trying to get it to run, here is the issue

i can cock it, shoot and it does the pppppp noise like its out of air or not getting enough to recock itself, so how do i fix this, im using compressed air buy the way set on HP setting will this run on hp or just on co2.

Tippmann TIPX, Lapco Front Block, MRT BK Bolt, Remote Adapter, Hammerhead 8.15" Rifled Barrel, 3 Zeta Mags, 4 Stock Mags.
dtpbmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2012, 12:01 AM #2
maloneoni
The Ronin

You probably need to turn up the recock and turn down the spring tension, but I don't know for sure. Krupasjeans will be able to help you better.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 AM #3
krupasjeans
happy day

Check out this guide on ICDO

Cat Velocity Tuning Guide

I think my mainspring tension screw on my Cats are turned in 3 revolutions, my velocity screw unscrewed 3-4 revolutions and my recock unscrewed probably about 3/4 to 1 revolutions.

I use HP air and prefer my Crossfire steely tank which delivers 850psi consistently.

My mech ICD markers will pound down (go pppppp) when I am not shooting paint. This makes for a very efficient marker, but prevents the bolt from recocking when dry firing.

Print out the guide, take it to a field, find a chrono, put paint in it and go from there.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 04:17 PM #4
Quacker

Quacker owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Either your tank isn't outputting enough or you need a new mainspring or it could be some other obscure issue. Try it on CO2 on a hot day to see if it will work. If it will, likely need to bump your N2 tank output pressure somehow.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote