Community Focus

Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 PM #1
JAKELEVY

JAKELEVY plays in the PSP
JAKELEVY owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JAKELEVY plays in the APPA D3 division
Ccm asa plug loc-tited

Hello Nation,

Recently got a CCM T2 and the plug on the asa was leaking slightly. The plug would not remove. I can assume it was loc-tited since I broke a snap-on Allen wrench under the pressure. I eventually drilled it and used a easy out. I have to chase the threads still and hope it seals up. My question is this normal from the factory or is this from someone who didn't know what they were doing? I put a new asa on in the mean time but I am curious.

Thanks,
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 PM #2
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Did you see what color of loctite it was? Red is pretty ****ing hard to get out while blue is pretty easy. I would expect CCM to use white thread compound or teflon tape on their plugs. Loctite is okay if you just want something to stay put but isn't the best when it comes to sealing thread air-tight.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:56 PM #3
CCM CHICK

CCM CHICK works for a Paintball manufacturer
CCM CHICK donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKELEVY View Post
Hello Nation,

Recently got a CCM T2 and the plug on the asa was leaking slightly. The plug would not remove. I can assume it was loc-tited since I broke a snap-on Allen wrench under the pressure. I eventually drilled it and used a easy out. I have to chase the threads still and hope it seals up. My question is this normal from the factory or is this from someone who didn't know what they were doing? I put a new asa on in the mean time but I am curious.

Thanks,
We do not set the plugs when we ship the guns out, only because we never know what side the player is going to want thier fittings and line to come out of.
CCM CHICK is offline   Reply With Quote