Community Focus

Old 06-11-2012, 10:58 AM #22
MrDan8706
:D

MrDan8706 supports Pev's Paintball
MrDan8706 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MrDan8706 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MrDan8706 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I've fallen off the break trying to get to a nacho and ended up sliding into it on my knees. Had jeans on... lost some skin... oh man.
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2012, 02:49 PM #23
pirhana92 (Banned)

pirhana92 is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDan8706 View Post
I've fallen off the break trying to get to a nacho and ended up sliding into it on my knees. Had jeans on... lost some skin... oh man.
You mean dorito? lol
pirhana92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:09 PM #24
justme-

justme- has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
woods ball I can't remember all the times I've gone down... twisted ankles, tore the sole completely off a boot one time ... made for a fun remaining day! Worst was tourny - center flag format. Flag was on a horozontal rope strung between 2 trees (not safe at all, and this was a legit sanctioned tourny). It was down to 2 on 1, I saw I had a break with the timer running out and went for the flag - clean run, no fire grabbed the flag ducking the rope and all the sudden I'm in mid air and on my *** scrambling to get my mask covering the important parts again. Flag was draped, not hung properly - I grabbed both sides, which held the rope firm and... well I heard it was funny as hell to watch. Noone shot from laughing at me.
justme- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:59 PM #25
everst75
everst75

everst75 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
everst75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
My pants were too big and I tripped on the drawstring at the bottom of them when moving between to bunkers in speedball. I face planted but managed to army crawl to the bunker without getting hit.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:24 AM #26
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hmm...I've got a couple stories...
Once I was playing with my team of 4 (all with mechs) against another team of 4 (2 electros, 2 mechs). My team, predictably, got destroyed fairly early, 2 getting hit almost off the break with the loss of one enemy. A firefight on the right took down another enemy and the last of my guys. There was still one guy with an electro (my teammate George, playing OpFor that game), an X7 Phenom shooting 15bps full-automatic. Anything that moved basically got a rope shot into it, which made moving around hard. I had a 'Cocker with a slider and very, very tight timing, which made it easy for me to shoot quickly at around 9-10bps. One guy with a rental (Andrew, my other teammate playing OpFor) was on my right, as I was all the way on the left tape, and George was directly in front of me around 50 feet. I got ready to move, and as I sprinted forwards, my foot hit a perfectly round stick on the ground and down I went! I hit hard, I actually bent my homemade drop-forward (it was actually pretty stout and looked professionally done!) when the tank hit the ground. With 15bps coming at me in a solid rope, I rolled into cover in around a second. I got a lucky longball on Andrew and ended up bunkering George finally.

Another time was my own fault, really. I was running from enemy fire, back when I was a noob and didn't know any better, and here comes this trench. It was 10 feet deep. I was going too fast to stop, and it didn't really have another lip I could jump to, so I jumped. I was carrying a 7-pound marker, five pods of paint, and a full canteen of water, in addition to my 140 pound body weight. I landed on my left leg just fine, but my right knee went screwy when I landed and ended up sideways under me. I never saw a doctor about it, but it hasn't been the same since, always locking up, popping out, or just plain hurting. And my kneecap can move 3-4 inches in all directions now!

Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:53 PM #27
everst75
everst75

everst75 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
everst75 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nwyka View Post
Hmm...I've got a couple stories...
Once I was playing with my team of 4 (all with mechs) against another team of 4 (2 electros, 2 mechs). My team, predictably, got destroyed fairly early, 2 getting hit almost off the break with the loss of one enemy. A firefight on the right took down another enemy and the last of my guys. There was still one guy with an electro (my teammate George, playing OpFor that game), an X7 Phenom shooting 15bps full-automatic. Anything that moved basically got a rope shot into it, which made moving around hard. I had a 'Cocker with a slider and very, very tight timing, which made it easy for me to shoot quickly at around 9-10bps. One guy with a rental (Andrew, my other teammate playing OpFor) was on my right, as I was all the way on the left tape, and George was directly in front of me around 50 feet. I got ready to move, and as I sprinted forwards, my foot hit a perfectly round stick on the ground and down I went! I hit hard, I actually bent my homemade drop-forward (it was actually pretty stout and looked professionally done!) when the tank hit the ground. With 15bps coming at me in a solid rope, I rolled into cover in around a second. I got a lucky longball on Andrew and ended up bunkering George finally.

Another time was my own fault, really. I was running from enemy fire, back when I was a noob and didn't know any better, and here comes this trench. It was 10 feet deep. I was going too fast to stop, and it didn't really have another lip I could jump to, so I jumped. I was carrying a 7-pound marker, five pods of paint, and a full canteen of water, in addition to my 140 pound body weight. I landed on my left leg just fine, but my right knee went screwy when I landed and ended up sideways under me. I never saw a doctor about it, but it hasn't been the same since, always locking up, popping out, or just plain hurting. And my kneecap can move 3-4 inches in all directions now!

Noah
Oww that fall must of hurt!
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM #28
m3d1cman

Local arena by me doesn't clean their turf or bunkers. So it's pretty gross. But also slick as snot. I was running off the break, went to slide into d2. I slid 5 feet into the bunker, fell over the corner, and my slide continued 10 more feet into the arena wall haha. Tried to stand up to quickly with being shot at and slipped on my *** again. I tried to dive for Doritos 50 since I closer to it, and finally got hit before I made it.
m3d1cman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:37 PM #29
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
Oh hell yeah I have, last one was at this local scenario game, off the break and I was running for the right 10 dorito now this field is covered with leaves ( late Fall you know) I feel my foot sink into this hole and I'm falling forward and I see my marker still heading for the bunker, while my face hits the ground. Well as you probably guessed I sprung my ankle and had to sit out the rest of the day. Worst big game I ever played.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:05 PM #30
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by everst75 View Post
Oww that fall must of hurt!
It really did...my knee hurts as I'm typing this! Still! That was four years ago!
Lesson learned, folks: don't jump into a trench with a lot of gear.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Proud Pumper since 2011
Old 08-02-2012, 08:58 PM #31
Nelby2388
Metrowest Bulldogs #28

Nelby2388 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nelby2388 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I trip all the time on tree branches, rocks, etc, but rarely fall. I've fallen during speedball off the break before and luckily didn't get lit up.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:27 PM #32
mexi ca40k
Pump Playa

mexi ca40k is playing at Living Legends V
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k is for the Gunfight
mexi ca40k supports Pev's Paintball
mexi ca40k has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
mexi ca40k is attending Decay of Nations VI
turn every fall into a bad *** spetsnaz roll.
mexi ca40k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:41 PM #33
inferno2inferno

I never fall as much as I crash into things while sliding. In speedball I do not do it often, but in the woods I always seem to collide with something. My one actual fall though was a trip that sent me flat on my belly. Lucky for me it saved me from some incoming shots. Aside from a cut on my chin i was fine lol
Old 09-23-2012, 10:26 PM #34
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Falling is a common occurrence no one should feel embarrassed about. I roll with whatever happens in a paintball game. There is so many stories to tell, but I think the coolest one was trying to avoid getting bunkered. As I ran back, I tripped over the sup airball stake and slid 5 meters on my back while shooting on the wet astro turf. I lost. The most recent was a brief smack in the head by some random dead tree. I kind of staggered back, then continued shooting and dropped into the bunker beside me. It was a good thing I had my mask on, the sharp end of the tree would of taken out my eye.
Hoppers have been smashed, feednecks have been chopped off, my stub drop forward cut in half, I lost my shoe, and my marker has flipped out of my hand more than a couple of times.

[9 years ago]
One time my marker flipped out more than 20 feet into the snake, after the rocks stopped my dive. I thought I was out because my back was wet after getting shot 5 times trying to get myself into the snake. The ref was wondering why I was out and I showed him my hands full of whatever was on my back. He recoiled in horror. When I turned my hand around, it was covered in bright red blood like I dipped my hand in a paintcan. One of the rocks opened my hand like a zipper and I didn't know it. Some really good looking girl patched me up in the bathroom, but I wasn't the same during the tournament. I felt like I could of played better without blood leaking out from under the gloves my captain gave me. The bandage was getting in the way of my shooting.

I tripped after jumping over a tree bunker and fell on my shoulder. It did the same thing as the guy that posted about his knee above. I didn't see a doctor about it, despite not being able to lift my marker over my chest. I continued to take out 4 more people firing from the hip. [That backman managed to cover me until I found cover, then he told me to bunker the guy's in front of him, it worked] It was never the same despite it healing enough for me to lift heavy things over my head.

The funniest fall was when the field was extremely muddy. These kids were camping really hard. They weren't giving us anything to shoot, so I thought I would risk bunkering them through the slippery mud without cleats. I try to run forward but just as I run forward this kid blind fires over the top of his bunker. I try to juke but my forward foot never grips the ground and I almost do the splits in the open. If the kids would of just looked over their bunker instead of blindfiring, they would of seen me totally exposed. My groin was in a bunch of pain, but I tried to continue on. I slipped head over heals and landed on my back smacking my head into the ground hard. My marker is covered in mud now. I pick up my marker and walk very slowly to their bunker. [I can barely standup because it feels like someone kicked me in the balls and I have a throbbing headache] I try to call them out, but one tries to spin. I shoot him in the face and duck at the same time. The other two kids just call themselves out.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 09-23-2012 at 11:02 PM.
Subterfuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:10 PM #35
Ian560

Ian560 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ian560 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian560 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ian560 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yep, cleats will do the job. I slip in woodsball because if i wore cleats there I would be tripping over all kinds of branches and roots.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:16 PM #36
TheMadMan

TheMadMan owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
TheMadMan has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
TheMadMan has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fall? I never fall! I only dive at random moments.

DM6, Ego6, Marq6, Shocker NXT, 2x Ion, Angel A1, Impulse 09, Prostock Pump, Tippmann C3, Spyder TL-R

William Liu Photography
TheMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:53 PM #37
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

I had another fall that I turned into a pretty freaking awesome dive. I had sold a Spyder-clone to a newbie earlier in the day and was playing against him. I had my Superstock set up that game, and off the break our plan fell apart (this is woodsball). I sprinted up the left flank in an attempt to cut off the enemy and ended up getting pinned down by two on the left and middle. I finally was able to snap-shoot my way into a few seconds of clear and sprinted for a piece of cover. I got within a couple feet of the cover, by which time the kid had started shooting again, and I tripped on a railroad tie. I basically was able to fall into a picture-perfect superman dive, a feat I have been able to repeat rarely, and slid perfectly into cover. A couple seconds later, I reoriented myself and snapped a hopper hit off on him.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Proud Pumper since 2011
Old 10-03-2012, 01:38 AM #38
abv bouncers
See what had happened was

abv bouncers has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
abv bouncers has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enter The Nutty View Post
Lucky, I ALWAYS get lit up, lol.
I know right
abv bouncers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:33 PM #39
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dislocated my knee in my first game of the day on the speed ball field years ago. Ace bandaged a couple ice packs to it and played the rest of the day.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 04:41 PM #40
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Before playing a game in a tournament I tripped over this wire that was at the bottom of the net and suddenly fell. I automatically landed on my elbows and yanked myself back up before anyone noticed.

Knowing how to superman dive properly crosses into other sports. One time when I jumped a table top, my snowboard caught some dent in the ramp that was caused by someone that quit in the middle of taking the big jump. My snowboard ripped out from under my feet but I continued to sail through the air. I turned it into a superman dive and surprisingly landed softly elbows first on the other side. I had about 10 feet of air. I thought I was going to get injured. If I didn't know how to superman dive, I probably would of broken my neck after landing on my face. It was a good thing I didn't land on the table top. That was the most monster superman dive I've ever accomplished.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 10-04-2012 at 04:47 PM.
Subterfuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:56 PM #41
htownseanthomas
R.I.P. SPACEBAT :'(

htownseanthomas is playing at Living Legends V
htownseanthomas is for the Gunfight
htownseanthomas has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
htownseanthomas is attending Decay of Nations VI
I was just out at the field this past Sunday for my birthday and we were playing some unarmed capture the flag. The guy shooting was rockin a pretty sweet pump gun and three of us were running around the field collecting pods to take back to the gate. I was walking backwards facing the shooter using "line of sight" to stay out of his view. I turn to my buddy and lift up my foot to take another step, then I'm rocked by one of his random shots and it knocked me clean on my ***. My balance was already shifting and he caught me right in the middle of it. I landed on my back and had to adjust my mask to stay on my face. I looked to the ref and he was laughing his *** off. So I looked to my buddy behind me and he said it bounced.

It BOUNCED. I had a fat *** bump on the top of my head the rest of the day.
http://tinyurl.com/GearbagSale702

VegasXtremePaintBall, be there.

"Originally posted by "pbmink": You better dodgy that **** RIGHT ****ING NOW"
htownseanthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM #42
metallicafan155

metallicafan155 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
metallicafan155 supports Team VICIOUS
I was at a local outdoor field on a rainy day doing a mission and to end our team had to get into the landing craft, well it had a big wooden painted door that went up and down well it was down so we could run in and I was the 2nd last gun to get it and i was running for it and as soon as my boots hit the wooden door (which was wet) and well flap on my *** broke a pod in my pack shot a team mate and bent my barrel tip. Worst day ever my *** hurt so much, but WE WON lol.

DLX LUXE
metallicafan155 is offline   Reply With Quote