Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-16-2012, 01:01 PM #22
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

TheAntiHeroHimself has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogDS View Post
I'm going to try to find someplace with some shade. I'll be in a maroon VW Eurovan pop-top camper van. I'll have the Delta Squad banners up, though I think only one other member is coming.
If I see you, I'll definitely head up your way!
"Through continued testing of the SA-17 marker, our Quality Control Department has identified a potential issue. The problem is described as: A CO2 cartridge may fly out of the marker and impact a user." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!1

"I shaved a kiwi, once..."

Marine Recon Squad's Medic(Blue team, yellow squad) at Operation EndWar; The Eleventh Hour 2012. HOORAH!

Callsign: "ENDGAME"
TheAntiHeroHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 12:29 AM #23
BulldogDS

I look forward to it!

As chuck5459 indicated, it's important to pre-register, especially if you need to rent. RAP4 is trying to decide whether there's enough interest to send staff and a mobile pro-shop to Ohio from California, or just ship rental markers for Battlefront to distribute. Vendor on-site = deals and schwag!

Here's another update from RAP4:
Quote:
Real Action Paintball is proud to equip players with the hottest magazine-fed equipment, and this season, to bring you two amazing opportunities to use it in events designed exclusively for mag-fed markers! Our thrilling Operation: EndWar continues to set the standard for tactical paintball, and this season, boasts two incredible events! Your first chance to save the world, and prove your mettle, is July 27th-28th at Battlefront Paintball in Ohio. Your next chance is September 28-29 at The Paintball Zone in California.

If you don't have a mag-fed marker yet, that's alright - we're sponsoring a rental package that will give you a T68 mag-fed marker, three magazines, a mag pouch, and a compressed air tank, for only $50! When you're ready to take that T68 home after the event, and bring the most realistic gear in our sport home to your field, you can even apply the rental fee to the event-special purchase price!

Preregister soon and you'll save some cash for paint...and you can reserve that rental package if you don't already have a mag-fed marker. Both events offer free camping for those who preregister, and spaces are filling up fast for each event!

The main battle unfolds on Saturday, but each event begins the previous day with special games, prizes, and challenges that help you realize the amazing potential of mag-fed markers. Members of a regional SWAT team will be on hand at the Battlefront Paintball event to run players through a special program on Friday night. Learn tactical tips and tricks from real-world professionals...and then see how they play out in the action on Saturday!

Players at our previous Operation: EndWar scenarios have remarked on how different - and how much more authentic - our games feel from any other paintball experience. That has a lot to do with the technology. Magazine-fed markers like our award-winning T68 - the centerpiece of our rental package for these events - have real-world ammunition capacities, and reload with interchangeable magazines, just like duty-issue gear. That means that the outcome of every engagement is decided by a combination of marksmanship, communication, and tactics...

...not just someone's paint-budget.

When you're ready to test how good you really are, you need to muster at one of our Operation: EndWar events this season. Bring your friends, so you'll have backup...and bring your tent so you can camp out for free at each event. Register now, and you'll save big over the full entry fee!

Register for either game by visiting: http://operationendwar.com/game-registration

Real Action Paintball - As Real as it Gets!
BulldogDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 AM #24
TheAntiHeroHimself
T9.1 Operator

TheAntiHeroHimself has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by BulldogDS View Post
I look forward to it!

As chuck5459 indicated, it's important to pre-register, especially if you need to rent. RAP4 is trying to decide whether there's enough interest to send staff and a mobile pro-shop to Ohio from California, or just ship rental markers for Battlefront to distribute. Vendor on-site = deals and schwag!
Wasn't the pre-registration dead-line July 15? I'm already Pre-registered, but I'd like to know.

By the way, I've read from sources that the rental packages will be Tacamo MKVs, and from some others that they'll be RAP4 T68s. Which one is it gonna be, in Ohio?

I'm also kind of worried about the T68's box mag. Will it be allowed? If I'm correct, and if I'm not correct me, RAP4's box mag holds around 200 paintballs. Might as well be a hopper, so I don't know what they'll do about that.
"Through continued testing of the SA-17 marker, our Quality Control Department has identified a potential issue. The problem is described as: A CO2 cartridge may fly out of the marker and impact a user." HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!1

"I shaved a kiwi, once..."

Marine Recon Squad's Medic(Blue team, yellow squad) at Operation EndWar; The Eleventh Hour 2012. HOORAH!

Callsign: "ENDGAME"
TheAntiHeroHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:59 PM #25
BulldogDS

iirc, July 15th was the early-bird deadline for the reduced price at the California OEW event; that doesn't apply to the Battlefront event. Last I heard, there were still rentals available for this.

I think both types of markers are available as rentals- maybe you get the option to choose during the pre-reg process? Best bet would be to follow the links to the Battlefront site and ask them.

They've indicated that they will allow a limited number of boxmags on the field, based on the number of players. The idea is to have a few saw/support gunners laying down more cover fire, like you would have in a real unit, without it unbalancing the game.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:04 PM #26
chuck5459

As far as I know the rentals are not t68's. As for the box mags that is about what they hold and there aren't suppose to be a lot of people using them and they are going to be evenly dispersed amongst the teams. Also yes they hold about the same as a hopper but the difference is in like a hopper they are a pain to reload and lug around so it would be the same just about in regular war far as say running in to a heavy machine gunner. But that's just my opinion
chuck5459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:18 PM #27
HUNK

The rentals would be the MKV kit. The T68 stuff was a promotional offer to get a T68 package at discount and had to be purchased right after you preregistered for the event. The MKV kit that a person rents will be able to be bought after the event at a discounted price. That was the original plan. Don't know if that still applies if RAP4 is not sending a rep. I imagine they still would.

As for box mags they would be used based on the number of people there, and how many people had them. It would be setup so that it would be balanced on both teams the number of box mag players. So bring them just in case.
HUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:28 PM #28
BulldogDS

From the BattleFront forums:
Quote:
We officially have leaders for The Eleventh Hour.

jbus357 (Jason) of the Battlefront Forums will lead the Marine team.

Troy Smith will lead the RVB team. If you've ever been to any sort of mag-fed form anywhere... then you've probably run into this guy.

Game day will unfold as such:

Phase 1:
Marine stealth insert onto the island and begin their initial recon of the area.
RVB will attempt to harass the enemy at every opportunity to hinder their intelligence gathering.
Some scripted missions may come into play.

Phase 2:
Scripted missions coming across via radio to both teams. Leaders will need to organize their squads and assign objectives to them.

Phase 3:
Both teams will attempt to secure as much of the island as possible by the end of the day. This will be similar to the DoD flag grab, only the time limit will be shorter and flags will not actually have to be raised. Points will be scored halfway through each attack as well as at the end, depending on who has tactical superiority of that area and if the assigned squad is the one holding it.

Note that flags will likely mark the locations to aide new players to the field, but will not have to be changed by the players. The team holding the zone at the end of the attack gets points.

Remember, this game is scheduled to go until 9 PM and there will be a break for lunch and dinner at 1 and 5.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:15 PM #29
TmfO
Team BIO HAZARD

Called Dave Sunday night ...paypal wouldnt take my card so I had to call.
All squared up...but dont know what side Dave is putting us on?? Doesnt matter to us ..
See everyone on Saturday!
Anyone know a player count??
Rail
VM-68 Magnum
Sponsored By:Animal Paintball, Compulsive Paintball and Discount Fireworks
http://biohazardscenariopaintball.webs.com/

Last edited by TmfO : 07-19-2012 at 05:20 PM.
TmfO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:08 PM #30
BulldogDS

Slight change of plans- rather than driving up in the van and camping, we're going up in my teammate's pickup and staying in a hotel, so if you're looking for me, watch for the Delta Squad banner hanging from our EZ-Up.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:10 PM #31
WolfstrikePB

WolfstrikePB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WolfstrikePB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Thank you!! We had a great time at Operation: End War. It was great to play with a group of mag-fed players. Really brought a whole new level of play to the game. Special thank you to .68 Productions and Battlefront Paintball for hosting such a great event.
WolfstrikePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:14 PM #32
WolfstrikePB

WolfstrikePB has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WolfstrikePB is attending Decay of Nations VI
Operation: End War, Eleventh Hour players. I camped out on Saturday night (July 28-29) , and while walking around I stumbled upon something I am sure ruined someones day/year. If you or someone you know that was there, left a box of a lot of good stuff in there let me know. I don't want to go into detail, because I want the right person to get their stuff back, but I'm not talking about losing a mag or just 1 item. Message me, don't post on wall, if you think I may have found your box. The items I found belonged to a pistol player. Please re-post on any website or page if you think it will help track down this poor soul. Please be prepared to give details on lost equipment, I want it to go to the true owner.
WolfstrikePB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:04 PM #33
HUNK

Go to Battlefronts forums. Someone did lose some stuff and posted there.
HUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 PM #34
weekendballer

weekendballer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
just saw this, thanks