Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 10:19 AM #22
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Literal interpretation is literal, you should have read it as a common phrase.

That being said those who show up to actively support a company who's leader is so outspoken against equal rights probably have pretty strong feelings.
Maybe it could be strong feelings about free speech? Maybe they don't support gay marriage but don't hate anybody? I don't get why people are so quick to accuse each other of hate.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM #23
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
The leftists who are trying to ruin this guys business just because he expressed his religious beliefs deserve to be deported because they are a danger to the 1st Amendment of the Constitution.
The empty threats from governors/mayors (which haven't even materialized into anything) aside, how is this even a First Amendment issue? The First Amendment doesn't protect you from me calling you an *******, and it certainly doesn't protect a COO from the monetary fallout resulting from his comments.
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:23 AM #24
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Yeah CFA is making bank from the attention from both sides and will continue to be profitable.
Turning a profit does not prove a thing.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:26 AM #25
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post

Read Dan Cathy's statements. He's the definition of a hater.
Oh you trolling me boy.

"were inviting Gods judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage. "

Doesn't sound hateful to me.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 AM #26
LOL Renegade
 
 
LOL Renegade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
They have the right to boycott.
Isn't the mayor speaking out against them too though? He told them not to come to Boston. It would be one thing if it was a citizen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
The empty threats from governors/mayors (which haven't even materialized into anything) aside, how is this even a First Amendment issue? The First Amendment doesn't protect you from me calling you an *******, and it certainly doesn't protect a COO from the monetary fallout resulting from his comments.
His comments were hardly radical in nature. Maybe if he called for the purging of all homosexuals there would be a reason to protest. Considering marriage as a man-woman union, not so much. In fact, I'm pretty sure that majority of Americans agree with him. The fact that people are judging the establishment based on politics and not quality of the food is the ****ed up part.
LOL Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM #27
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
The empty threats from governors/mayors (which haven't even materialized into anything) aside, how is this even a First Amendment issue? The First Amendment doesn't protect you from me calling you an *******, and it certainly doesn't protect a COO from the monetary fallout resulting from his comments.
I think the threats from governors/mayors is the problem. It's intimidation. You can't really "put that aside".
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:28 AM #28
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
The empty threats from governors/mayors (which haven't even materialized into anything) aside, how is this even a First Amendment issue? The First Amendment doesn't protect you from me calling you an *******, and it certainly doesn't protect a COO from the monetary fallout resulting from his comments.
Exactly. People are getting riled up. I think this is more symbolic than literally about the first amendment.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 AM #29
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry
 
tsbalr120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cowbutt, AR
tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Turning a profit does not prove a thing.
Never said it would, I was more talking to the poster who said it would hurt them in the long run. It's just like KONY, it'll be a huge issue for a short time then nobody will care.
__________________
|NCPA: Razorbacks|
rip120
tsbalr120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:31 AM #30
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
I think the threats from governors/mayors is the problem. It's intimidation. You can't really "put that aside".
Misguided politically perhaps. I'd rather elected officials be more open such as these gentleman. I like knowing where the politicians stand, don't you?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM #31
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
I think the threats from governors/mayors is the problem. It's intimidation. You can't really "put that aside".
You do realize how royally ****ed the cities of Chicago and Boston would have been had they even attempted to follow through with their threats? Like I said, empty threats.

If anything, these short-sighted, knee jerk reactions did more to harm Chicago/Boston Democrats than intimidate CFA and it's supporters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Exactly. People are getting riled up. I think this is more symbolic than literally about the first amendment.
People always seem to forget that a violation of the First Amendment almost always requires some sort government action.
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:40 AM #32
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
Maybe it could be strong feelings about free speech? Maybe they don't support gay marriage but don't hate anybody? I don't get why people are so quick to accuse each other of hate.
Where was the protected class of speech? What about support of equal rights?
'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Oh you trolling me boy.

"were inviting Gods judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage. "

Doesn't sound hateful to me.
You're editing his comments and I'm the troll?

Quote:
I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage, and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about,
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM #33
Swerve22
 
 
Swerve22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Concord NH
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post
You do realize how royally ****ed the cities of Chicago and Boston would have been had they even attempted to follow through with their threats? Like I said, empty threats.

If anything, these short-sighted, knee jerk reactions did more to harm Chicago/Boston Democrats than intimidate CFA and it's supporters.
I agree, but without that I don't think there would have been backlash to the extent of deciding to hold an appreciation day. Many perceived a threat to free speech, and it was legitimately an attempt -however foolish- to intimidate/retaliate to free speech.
__________________
Butthurt Conservative.

www.gunfacts.info
Swerve22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:46 AM #34
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
You believe that statement is hateful?

I disagree completely.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:47 AM #35
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swerve22 View Post
I agree, but without that I don't think there would have been backlash to the extent of deciding to hold an appreciation day. Many perceived a threat to free speech, and it was legitimately an attempt -however foolish- to intimidate/retaliate to free speech.
Perhaps.

In all honesty, I wish Emmanuel would have gone the distance and tried to thwart CFA's attempts at establishing more restaurants in Chicago. It would have destroyed him politically and (quite possibly) removed him from politics alltogether.
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:50 AM #36
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarKnight View Post

People always seem to forget that a violation of the First Amendment almost always requires some sort government action.
In the minority of cases I suppose you can have soft censorship at the hands of citizens. Yet that is not really a violation of the First Amendment.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:52 AM #37
F1VENOM
 
 
F1VENOM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
You believe that statement is hateful?

I disagree completely.
Why would you be asking for mercy in a non-threatening situation?
__________________
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:55 AM #38
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants
 
EPAPressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Atlanta, GA
The chic-fi-la's here were jammed packed.

Estimated nationwide revenue yesterday- $30,000,000
__________________
"Chic-Fi-La has an awful chicken sandwich"

-Said nobody, ever.


"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM #39
Riley Coyote
It's bad for the sport.
 
Riley Coyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riley Coyote has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOL Renegade View Post
His comments were hardly radical in nature. Maybe if he called for the purging of all homosexuals there would be a reason to protest. Considering marriage as a man-woman union, not so much. In fact, I'm pretty sure that majority of Americans agree with him. The fact that people are judging the establishment based on politics and not quality of the food is the ****ed up part.
I don't know many people who aren't eating there because the owner said he is against marriage equality. People have stopped eating there because Chic-fil-a donates profits to help prevent marriage equality. Some, especially those who want to marry their partner but can't would really rather not have their money contribute to that cause.

There's lots of vocal people who are upset simply because of what he said, but they aren't the majority.
Riley Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:57 AM #40
Murph1329
 
 
Murph1329's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Hoover, AL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I was out there to protest against this job creating, wealth building and stable family promoting hate corporation. The turn out was massive at my local store in support of the franchise. Quite frankly I'm appalled. Anyone else experience similar failure at the hands of intolerance?


http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/08/02...ama-chick-fil/

i guess they weren't raping people at chick fil a


this is a 1st amendment issue and even the ACLU is on chick fil a's side
__________________
'98 STO
10/14'' Dye Stainless | AKALMP tornado valve
Evolution bolt | Evolution Roller Sear
ANS Jackhammer | Rex Kit
STO RAM | Air America Black Ice | Shocktech LPC
pic
Forum defeat is admitted when one resorts to grammatical insults -me
We all live with a mark of sin, no man's is greater than another's in his own mind. -me

Last edited by Murph1329 : 08-02-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Murph1329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:58 AM #41
barrel roll
secedere
 
barrel roll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: FL/GA border
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
They have the right to boycott.
Not on other's private property. Keep that in mind.
__________________
--- UNDRPRVLGD Goggle Straps n stuff ---
If this be treason, make the most of it.-Patrick Henry
I'm a damn veteran, I've got more rights and privileges than you do.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:59 AM #42
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure
 
StellarKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Lost...In a Lost World
StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
The chic-fi-la's here were jammed packed.

Estimated nationwide revenue yesterday- $30,000,000
Meh, come back with the fiscal year statement to see the real effect from this fiasco.

It's similar to those bull**** FB posts where people try to starve the oil companies by not purchasing fuel on a particular day.
__________________
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.

Last edited by StellarKnight : 08-02-2012 at 11:02 AM.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump