Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-12-2012, 10:04 PM #85
potts339

potts339 plays in the PSP
potts339 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
potts339 supports Team VICIOUS
potts339 plays in the APPA D4 division
This why i try to always play fair in the sport i love.
potts339 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM #86
mrkonner69
Back player WOOT WOOT!!!!

mrkonner69 supports Team VICIOUS
mrkonner69 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mrkonner69 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mrkonner69 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DBs man i was playing at my local field and this guy shoots a 10 year old in the throat from 5 feet away and then laughs about. and earlier that day some freakin 16 year olds set their guns to 380 and ramping when the limit is 280 to 300
mrkonner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 07:51 AM #87
LightShow

Although I do agree with a lot of stuff in this thread, there's a ton of people that play rec ball that complain just to complain. Usually I play pump if I'm playing open play myself. Occassionally I'll play with my Ego11, but I turn my RoF down to like 6BPS. Biggest thing that I get frustrated about as a vet player, is when some middle aged man accuses people of shooting "too hard". I had 2 grown *** men get in my face 2 weekends ago and tell me I was over shooting them and shooting hot at the same time (had my Ego out).. Had my gun locked down to 4BPS and was using my rotor's manual feed the entire time. Field rules are 10BPS cap @280FPS... Took this guys to the chrono while they were still talking a bunch of crap about how vet players shouldn't beat on rec ballers... after a full hopper Chrono'd between 268-272, Not ONCE did it go ANY higher. After that, both guys walked away and were still talking crap... ANd yes as Vet players we need to lead by example. Really don't know what the deal with these 2 guys was... May have been that each time they went out to play they just cowered behind the same bunker each time and didn't ever move at all, I don't know... We get people like that at our field ALL the time. Can give people pointers, show them what they might be doing wrong, some people just complain to complain.
LightShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:41 AM #88
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Bottom line: Some people are just *****es. Play how you want to play.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 PM #89
TCgettinitdone

It seems that today you are either a rental player or you play on a team. I like to go and play with other people of equal skill and im only playing for fun these days, so that means straight up rec ball semi auto. Ill still get out on the airball field and mix it up a little. What ends up happening is my group is too advanced to play with renters and we could really care less about tournament play, too old and work too much for that. So we get stuck waiting for non renters to show up. It used to not be like that everyone played together from noobs on up, but i will say this the age of players has gotten younger. Its all good though I still have fun
TCgettinitdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:51 AM #90
Boomer94
Easy

Boomer94 is BST Trusted
Boomer94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Boomer94 posts videos on PbNation
Boomer94 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I understand what you mean TC, I am not quite a tournament player but I have my own gear and have been playing for about 6 years (12 was the age where I could legally play on our local field) and most of the players I encounter are playing for the first or second time on a rental. It is a little annoying
Old 07-15-2012, 09:55 PM #91
Impose.Fate

Impose.Fate is BST Trusted
Impose.Fate owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Impose.Fate has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Impose.Fate has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Impose.Fate is attending Decay of Nations VI
fairly positive that the 1st one was just a wipe to get off he field, many people have said it but someone who competes will be use to doing so to avoid being called out in future games. not once did he put his gun back up to shoot and was walking off the field before you even made your threat
Old 07-16-2012, 10:36 AM #92
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
To the OP dbs will be dbs just have to ignore them and play on, as for the sport paintball has had players like this from the get go and has managed to survive and it will do so well into the future.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:16 AM #93
GvilleDrone

The whole "shoot you myself part " is still not the correct way to act its not that serious ,if you felt he was cheating call him out . Raising your marker to him could only cause more problems
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM #94
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Didn't chime in in October but here goes. Have you played with a rotor? There is a blind spot on the shell that I see get hit and played on with more than anything else. That shot was on that spot. Its just enough over the crest of the loader that its hard to see, on the outside of his profile. He would not have seen the break, maybe felt it but with ****ty rec paint he could have assumed a bounce. He even checked, as I and many other have done on that spot, and missed it. Regardless of what you thought he was doing with the paint, this is the rotors blind spot. He was not playing on or cheating. He didn't see the blind spot and once he was made aware of it, left his stance, turned away and then wiped the paint off. Watch (and im gonna get **** on for this) a pro clip and you will see this is a common practice. Getting hit doesn't not require that you leave the hit on your body until the final game whistle, it requires that you leave the game which he did. I would have flipped a **** on you as well if you raised your gun at me from that distance as I was clearly walking away from the gunfight. Your ideals may have been correct but your actions were not.

As for the overshooting, there is not enough seen in the video to really make a judgement. How many people were playing? What was the field layout and why were they shooting there? Was there a person behind you or to the side that they were trying to hit? It did appear as though you walked out into the field and not off of it. Also where was your camera mounted?
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:40 AM #95
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
Wow, surprised this thread is still active.

So to address your questions, Zippin, with the first part, the wiping, there's definitely ambiguity in the clip. However, based on what the guy was doing the rest of the day, I wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt. This was just what I happened to catch on camera. Now you can certainly make the case that threatening to shoot him isn't the right course of action. In other such situations, I've quietly asked the ref/refs to keep an eye on a certain player. But this guy was a ref. Manager? Not at the field that day. But yes, the video taken by itself is somewhat ambiguous, fair point.

For the overshooting, it as about 10 on 10, if I remember correctly. It was actually the same castle field as in the first clip, but on the opposite wall. I'm moving from back to front, with the wall to my left, so I'm as off the field as possible given where I was. There were certainly people behind me, but not five, ten, fifteen feet behind me where some stray shots would have been understandable. More like ten to fifteen meters behind me, and up the slope a bit. The shots were aimed at me. And again, though you can't see it in the video, I wasn't the only one overshot that game. Accidents happen, but when kids come off the field in tears, somebody's doing something wrong.

And the camera, it's an iPod Nano in my mask, sitting between my eyes, with the camera facing out through the lens.

Keep the opinions coming, everyone. Cheers.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:44 PM #96
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes View Post
Wow, surprised this thread is still active.

So to address your questions, Zippin, with the first part, the wiping, there's definitely ambiguity in the clip. However, based on what the guy was doing the rest of the day, I wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt. This was just what I happened to catch on camera. Now you can certainly make the case that threatening to shoot him isn't the right course of action. In other such situations, I've quietly asked the ref/refs to keep an eye on a certain player. But this guy was a ref. Manager? Not at the field that day. But yes, the video taken by itself is somewhat ambiguous, fair point.

For the overshooting, it as about 10 on 10, if I remember correctly. It was actually the same castle field as in the first clip, but on the opposite wall. I'm moving from back to front, with the wall to my left, so I'm as off the field as possible given where I was. There were certainly people behind me, but not five, ten, fifteen feet behind me where some stray shots would have been understandable. More like ten to fifteen meters behind me, and up the slope a bit. The shots were aimed at me. And again, though you can't see it in the video, I wasn't the only one overshot that game. Accidents happen, but when kids come off the field in tears, somebody's doing something wrong.

And the camera, it's an iPod Nano in my mask, sitting between my eyes, with the camera facing out through the lens.

Keep the opinions coming, everyone. Cheers.

So to your first I do not see the ambiguity. The player checked himself and missed the blind spot, it was pointed out, the player left his playing stance and began to remove himself from the playing field while removing the paint. That is clear from the video, what he did before is not. Posting a video saying this is whats wrong then replying with, well this may not be whats wrong but he cheated earlier is not appropriate. If you had him on video wiping or cheating or whatever than that would be one thing. As is, based solely on this clip of "what is wrong with paintball", your actions are what were wrong. Again, I am basing my opinions solely on the clip, not what happened earlier, last week etc.

To your second, what you are saying to me is that, despite being shot, you continued to advance. Now as to your gun being in the air, I am sure it is and you were doing all you could to make this known. However, take a first timer and walk towards them in the woods and they will shoot. Upon being shot, you should have turned and exited the field, not continued to walk on the same path you had before being shot. A new player may not recognize all the signs of an eliminated player so to continue to progress up field is not 100% right. The person/people shooting you may not have seen you get shot and simply heard yelling, only to turn and see a player walking upfield, what do you expect from them. There is no one who is right here, it is an unfortunate and most likely avoidable situation but one that happens none-the-less but it is most certainly not whats wrong with paintball today.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM #97
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

I saw an old guy and his kid playing at my local speedball field this weekend. We took to caling him "Coach Dad" because of the way he was talking and yelling at his son on and off the field. A real "hockey dad" type personality, getting pissed at his kid for being eliminated, "you should've done X", etc....

Well, he was wiping up a storm too. I counted two wipes per game at one point. Everyone could plainly see him doing it, but the refs were apparently blind.

Last game I saw him play, he takes a hopper shot and wipes it. Then the game goes down to a one V one between him and another player, which draws the attention of everyone waiting for their turn to play, since this guy is literally the loudest guy on the field and has been screaming at his kid all day, ie: "JORDAN! SNAKE ONE SNAKE ONE SNAKE ONE! JORDAN! D ONE D ONE! JORDAN! WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOOT D ONE! CMON MAN, GET IN THE GAME!"

Anyway, long story short, Coach Dad the wiper gets double cyclopsed on the 1v1 because he apparently can't switch hands too quick (or ever). Everyone watching cheered and laughed as he walked off the field while screaming at his kid for being eliminated ("YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO STAY ALIVE TO WATCH MY BACK!").

This was one of the saddest displays I've seen at a field, a really good example of a crappy parent, and a hard lesson in karma. It was great.

TL;DR - An annoying old guy wiper gets his comeuppance.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 05:57 AM #98
Diomedes
Nerd

Diomedes is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
To your second, what you are saying to me is that, despite being shot, you continued to advance. Now as to your gun being in the air, I am sure it is and you were doing all you could to make this known. However, take a first timer and walk towards them in the woods and they will shoot. Upon being shot, you should have turned and exited the field, not continued to walk on the same path you had before being shot. A new player may not recognize all the signs of an eliminated player so to continue to progress up field is not 100% right. The person/people shooting you may not have seen you get shot and simply heard yelling, only to turn and see a player walking upfield, what do you expect from them. There is no one who is right here, it is an unfortunate and most likely avoidable situation but one that happens none-the-less but it is most certainly not whats wrong with paintball today.
Wasn't new players overshooting people. Couldn't turn to exit directly; there was a wall in the way, as I said. I took the most direct path off possible. Like it or not, this was quite deliberate.
Zombie Defense Force, Local 42 #61 "Darwin"
Zombie Defense Dispatches <--YouTube channel. Reviews, helmetcam, odds and ends. Updated more-or-less weekly. Subscribe!
Looking for a new mask? See how they compare.
"Integrity is doing what's right, even if nobody is looking." My PBN feedback
Diomedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:49 AM #99
HeroForADay
#1 Canuck

HeroForADay owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
HeroForADay owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HeroForADay supports Team VICIOUS
HeroForADay supports DLX Technology
HeroForADay supports Empire
There's *******s all over the place, although it's generally not too bad up here as we have such a small community. When everyone knows everyone, it's easy to get singled out as a cheater and kicked off the fields. lol

HeroForADay is offline   Reply With Quote