Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 PM #1
PBKid97
Proto FTW!

PBKid97 is for the Gunfight
PBKid97 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBKid97 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBKid97 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
2011 Proto Rail help?

So today I was in the proccess of takin my gun apart to clean and maitnence it when I realized my Eye pipe is missing... and I was wondering will it still work the same without the eye pipe or not?

Paintballa 4 Life
PBKid97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-07-2012, 09:16 PM #2
KPRQ3

Good question. yes it will, but not too great. The eye pipe has the detents built in so the marker might double feed, resulting in a barrel break. The eyes will get dirty and you will have to clean them, by taking the whole marker apart. Paint, oil and grease might leak into the marker. The paint will have to ride up into the barrel from the breach while firing so the bottom of the ball might shear oozing right into your unprotected eyes. So please don't use it without the eye pipe, the potential for damage and headache is far larger then you might expect. Try to get one of those medium parts kits, they have all the o rings you need and some eye pipes and screws for about 30$.
KPRQ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM #3
PBKid97
Proto FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPRQ3 View Post
Good question. yes it will, but not too great. The eye pipe has the detents built in so the marker might double feed, resulting in a barrel break. The eyes will get dirty and you will have to clean them, by taking the whole marker apart. Paint, oil and grease might leak into the marker. The paint will have to ride up into the barrel from the breach while firing so the bottom of the ball might shear oozing right into your unprotected eyes. So please don't use it without the eye pipe, the potential for damage and headache is far larger then you might expect. Try to get one of those medium parts kits, they have all the o rings you need and some eye pipes and screws for about 30$.
thats the think i have all the O rings ill ever need I get them free from my dad cause where he works so i dont need all that and wanted to go try the gun out this wednesday and when cleaning it realized my eye pipe was missing and thought ohhh **** thats probably one of the most expensive parts that arent like the trigger or board....

Paintballa 4 Life
Old 06-08-2012, 10:37 AM #4
KPRQ3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBKid97 View Post
thats the think i have all the O rings ill ever need I get them free from my dad cause where he works so i dont need all that and wanted to go try the gun out this wednesday and when cleaning it realized my eye pipe was missing and thought ohhh **** thats probably one of the most expensive parts that arent like the trigger or board....
they are not too expensive. They sell I pipes individually for 20 dollars. a medium parts kit cost 40 dollars which includes two replacement eye pipes. It also includes other parts that commonly wear out like bolt bumpers and the regulator seat. Good o-ring hook up though. With a little research you can figure out the sizes of o-rings and get them 20 for a dollar at Lowes.

I know that it is going to be hard to wait, call your local pro shop it is a very common part foot dye markers. don't worry, the proto is a nice marker. Look at it this way: a little extra patience helps keep it working right.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:48 AM #5
PBKid97
Proto FTW!

Quote:
they are not too expensive. They sell I pipes individually for 20 dollars. a medium parts kit cost 40 dollars which includes two replacement eye pipes. It also includes other parts that commonly wear out like bolt bumpers and the regulator seat. Good o-ring hook up though. With a little research you can figure out the sizes of o-rings and get them 20 for a dollar at Lowes.

I know that it is going to be hard to wait, call your local pro shop it is a very common part foot dye markers. don't worry, the proto is a nice marker. Look at it this way: a little extra patience helps keep it working right.
Exactly and I've backyard shot it twice and love it with the ultralight barrel and rotor it's not the fastest but my neareeest parks cap is 11 bps so it's 15 is good enough.

Paintballa 4 Life
Old 06-08-2012, 01:44 PM #6
PBKid97
Proto FTW!

well i found the detents but the pipe is smashed so atleast I can save some money by still having the detents....

Paintballa 4 Life
Old 06-08-2012, 02:57 PM #7
Crimmins

Not sure if this is how you lost your eye pipe or not but... Never fire your marker without your barrel on. There's a good chance it'll fire out your eye pipe cracking or smashing it in the process. Also sometimes it'll come out with a swab or squeege (and may got lost underfoot) if you run one through with the eye pipe still in.
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:34 PM #8
PBKid97
Proto FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimmins View Post
Not sure if this is how you lost your eye pipe or not but... Never fire your marker without your barrel on. There's a good chance it'll fire out your eye pipe cracking or smashing it in the process. Also sometimes it'll come out with a swab or squeege (and may got lost underfoot) if you run one through with the eye pipe still in.
I had the barrel on but but what i think happened isit had a small crack and i think it shattered and shot out with one of the reballs...

Paintballa 4 Life
Old 06-21-2012, 03:43 AM #9
KPRQ3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBKid97 View Post
well i found the detents but the pipe is smashed so atleast I can save some money by still having the detents....
I may not be fully understanding here, but the detents go onto the eye pipe, then into the marker.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:48 PM #10
PBKid97
Proto FTW!

Quote:
I may not be fully understanding here, but the detents go onto the eye pipe, then into the marker.
yes the detents are the orange peices around the pipe and they just come right off the pipe but i couldnt find just a pipe so i had to buy a new eye pipe complete but thanks guys and here a clip of me rippin as fast as I can on my pmr.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRul6y0z6BM

Paintballa 4 Life
Old 07-31-2012, 10:49 AM #11
paintball man 2 (Banned)

paintball man 2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aye pm me
paintball man 2 is offline   Reply With Quote