Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-25-2012, 04:02 AM #22
crk0005
Curt

@That A hole guy: It really does sound like you are having a bore/paintball issue. Size up your paintballs to the bore in your barrel. I have shot around 5000 plus paintballs through this gun without one break.

I have had some board problems (this will be my second time sending it in), other than that the guns shot purty good.

Setup= GoG Extcy w/ QEV, L7 techt bolt, and CP classic barrels.

Last edited by crk0005 : 05-25-2012 at 04:31 AM.
crk0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2012, 09:28 AM #23
Morpheus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniswil View Post
Im in a toss up to get this gun, it looks sweet and like the features. Just not sure to get this or the Proto Rail, or used G4
Owned a Proto Rail for years...nice marker, has a good light feel to it, but louder than the Extcy, WAY too many O-Rings and potential for leaks. I remember the nights at the table constantly tearing it down, changing ring after ring to find the leak. Battery harness WILL eventually break, its just a matter of time. Its a design flaw that I dont know if they ever fixed. All in all, I still like the PMR. G4, never owned, but have heard the nightmare stories. I just got my Extcy and have yet to play with it, but i know the trigger needed some adjustment, that was easy, I just took out the magnet. From firing it in my backyard, it is a very smooth marker. Has a hair more kick than my PMR, but its much quieter. I am hoping a lighter bolt fixes this. I dont speedball anymore, just woodsball so the thought of dragging my PMR through the woods scratching up the aluminum finish and possibly getting it wet didnt sit right with me. The Extcy is much more rugged and can take more of a beating.

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark
Morpheus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:32 AM #24
Morpheus78

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexmidgley View Post
I would get the used G4 ove rthe gog this gun is the new Ion and it still has some issues with them the I have sold the g4's and g3's in the store there is only one oring on the bolt that causes any problems just the one change and lube if you are getting the rail go with the reflex rail with the ul frame its nice but yet the price is more than the G4 new or used
What are the issues that you know of with the Extcy?

A man who fears losing has already lost! - Arya Stark
Morpheus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 AM #25
crk0005
Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus78 View Post
What are the issues that you know of with the Extcy?
So far, all ive really heard is some board issues. Nothing too big, just this weird one: sometimes the dwell gets set down to 5 when powering off and then back on. I also have had power shutdown when I run it with the eyes on.

I placed a techt bolt and 360 QEV in it, huge performance boost that nearly eliminates all the kick.

I did however, nick a wire will screwing in the screw near the wiring harness and had to send it in to GOG. SO BE CAREFUL, BE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK WIRES ARENT IN SCREW AREA HAHA!

I got the gun back the other day, for it to not power up at all. Had to send it back to GOG.... They didnt test it.... They replaced the wiring harness, but there seems to be something else wrong with it now. Im guessing its the board...

Im sure they will have it all fixed this time around, I hope....

Overall though, from the times ive used it; it shoots purty good. Getting the techt bolt and qev is def a major improvement. Plus it lowers your dwell substantially.

crk0005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:15 PM #26
ThatAHoleGuy
No, really.

So I guess this is just an update to my last update (if that makes any sense :p)

Took some green loctite to the trigger adjustment screw that kept riding up into the gun rendering the trigger useless, turned up the volume sensitivity on the Halo Too, and viola, instantly a great working gun! It did still break paint, but not nearly at the rate that it was before. I think I still have some fine tuning to do with the hopper, and bore matching the paint, but at least now I see why everyone said this gun was great.

Thanks for all the suggestions on how to make my gun actually work.
ThatAHoleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:47 AM #27
p8ballrr
CHACHI

p8ballrr plays in the PSP
p8ballrr is playing at Living Legends V
p8ballrr is for the Gunfight
p8ballrr plays in the APPA D4 division
p8ballrr is attending Decay of Nations VI
congrats
p8ballrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:30 AM #28
abernar350

abernar350 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
abernar350 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
abernar350 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gratz

I just picked one up to a few weeks ago. Thinking about putting the body kit. Is it hard to change?
abernar350 is offline   Reply With Quote