PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-25-2012, 07:09 AM #1
Greatest ION

Greatest ION plays in the PSP
Greatest ION is an NCPA player
Arrow Reviving my Legend, have questions...

Hey Infinity Nation

So I'm in Germany this summer and have had lots of down time to think deeply and concluded i need to get back into paintball after 3-4 years away from it. I'll prolly also pick up a more modern Marker too but would never ever sell my legend to do so. It is so beautful, has some perks, and stupid simple that not even I can F it up, i think it will make the most reliable back up marker ever that I never have to worry about (not that it isn't a darn good primary as well!)... And i can finally give it the break in that it always deserved...

anyway on to the Q's...Got a red stock legend that i upgraded to v2 ram and that's it. It has only seen a case maye two of paint and then sat for years. That being said my first question is obvious, i'll prolly need to replace the Oring(s)...which is funny to have to ask about cause there is only one moving o-ring but in any case I see the sizes of them in the stickies but where is the easiest place to buy these? is there a paintball site still supporting legends or probably just my local hardware store?

Question 2: I have forgotten after so much time but what is the type of lube i should use for CP reg? And what type of lube won't make the O-ring swell in Ram.

Question 3: where can i still get the following parts/upgrades, i checked the infinity website and alot is out of stock and does that site even still respond to orders? I would like to pick up:

-can i just order any bob long detents for replacement?
-upgraded bolt (what kinds are still available, maybe tech t or infinity soft faced)?
-New grips (the hybrid ones I have are bulky)
-A replacement plug for gauge screw hole above CP reg (currently have a gauge in there but after i tune it i would like to slim it down and plug it up.)
-feedneck clamp converter
-color kit (trigger eye covers feedneck etc)
-Anything else out there these days?

I also don't want this to turn into an argument so please pm me for the next response items
-Is the rhino/shocker spring a good pick up?
-Is the custom made ram bolt spring (by rutley i think) a good addition?

Thanks Ya'll and props for still ballin with the Legends.

Last edited by Greatest ION : 07-25-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Greatest ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2012, 04:15 PM #2
Worldeater

I recently got my legend up and running again. You can get most of the parts you need straight from infinity, just shoot him an email

Ive upgraded mine abit. I have all the upgrades that you can get from glen@infinity (soft face bolt, thin grips, clamping feedneck etc). I use the Violent SL3 regulator instead of the CP one. Clone VX detents because they last a long time but are still soft on the paint. And a POPS ASA from planet eclipse. I allso use the Rhino sping. The rutley bolt system looks good but is costly and largely untested, I would get it at a later stage when the kinks have been ironed out and it has proven itself.

I dont think they have color kits anymore though. You can reach glenn here -> infinitypb@earthlink.net or at the email listed on the site. Ive used both.

Good luck! And feel free to ask away if there is anything else. ( Allso a top tip, if you order parts, get some eyecovers and a set of eyes/wire harness. Those parts will break, its just a matter of time and they are only a few dollars )
Worldeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 05:59 PM #3
Greatest ION

Greatest ION plays in the PSP
Greatest ION is an NCPA player
Great thanks for the tips! Is there a site i cam buy the legend eye/wire harness and eye covers and detents all in one place for simplicity? On infinity website that eyes and solenoid set up is 30, a bit more then a few dollars... Enjoy your revived legend as well!

Last edited by Greatest ION : 07-25-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Greatest ION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:48 PM #4
Worldeater

Glenn at infinity has everything you need.

This is what it cost me when I got my stuff :
Wireing harness $30
Eye covers $20 (Came with detents)
Screws $5
Clamp feed lever $12

Shipping was $20 I think?

I got the screw needed to cap the pressure gauge hole in the frontblock for free

I allso got the Rhino spring mod, it was $9 I guess? I cant remember if that was with shipping.

Its not really "a few $$$" But compared to the cost of a new gun its pretty fantastic if you ask me
Worldeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:21 AM #5
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Basic maintenance:
I would recommend buying a 5x or 10x build kit. Many sites have them even for legends, such as ans gear.

Any lube for the static o rings will work. Just use lightly. For the ram, bolt, and ram o ring light dab of oil works. I prefer gold cup.

For upgrades not really too much. There is the standard swaps you can do like a reg and asa. Infinity did make a blade trigger that hugs the frame a little more then stock. Have one on mine and is closer to Dye UL triggers I am used too. Color kits sold-out a long long time ago. Finding one would be pretty special bit there are always anno shops around to change your stock black. I personally like the updated thin infinity grips, had spd's on a previous HK legend and like them alot also.

Because it is not difficult, I would suggest taking an hour or so and getting the o ring kit along with cleaning tools and lube/oil. Do a 100% break down, replace all o rings, break the reg down, clean and lube everything back up. Get it to the field and run as many cases as you can afford through it. These guns like there break in. My current one i picked up with only a few cases through it end of last year. It really was not a fan of the cold, was a blender for awhile after a rebuild but is back to being consistent again.