Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-18-2012, 07:41 PM #1
Tempted (Banned)

Spyder Mag

I bought a bunch of Mags for different set ups. I got a Minimag from a friend with no real plans for it. Found an old E99 frame with busted on/off switch from years back. After a drink or two of my favorite liquid beverage, at 2am, I pulled the Dremel out.... I couldn't ask for better results. I didn't cut anything on the Mag, just ground out some of the frame to move the pancake and moved the trigger switch. Had to make a couple connecting rods but after about an hour and a half I had a perfectly functioning marker. It won't "rip", obviously, and isn't any different than a stock Mag as far as functionality. What it did do was extremely lessen the trigger pull distance and force, well worth it considering most of us have an E Spyder frame laying around somewhere and it doesn't cost anything. The E99 board has different settings with burst, auto, etc but the Minimag has all stock parts so it can't handle 13bps.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 09:05 PM #2
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
a minimag with stock parts in good repair should still do 13BPS... its why the Pro line frame was so popular then immediatly banned from fields
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM #3
Tempted (Banned)

I'm more of a one baller now anyway. Stopped the accuracy by numbers bit when my Angels were stolen.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:35 PM #4
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I know what you mean. Seeing someone pop out of a bunker used to send the thought "A hopper or so should take him out" through my head...

If I can take someone out in 5-10 balls I re-think my stratagy... its amazing what maturity does to your trigger finger
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 PM #5
Tempted (Banned)

I think its arthritis, not maturity. I'm gettin old.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:57 AM #6
Spyderdome
Resurgence

has been a member for 10 years
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyderdome owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Spyderdome is Legendary
Spyderdome is attending Decay of Nations VII
Pics!
Old 07-19-2012, 03:22 PM #7
Tempted (Banned)

I pulled it back apart to smooth it out and paint it. Debating on just black or stripping the paint and clearing the aluminum.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM #8
Tempted (Banned)

Well, still haven't decided on what finish I'm going with. I think I'll polish the aluminum and make a set of aluminum grips for it. Probably do the rail as well.

Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM #9
Punisher068

Very cool,Ive heard of people doing this in the past but have never seen one,now Ive got a use for my spyder egrip
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:53 PM #10
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Electro pneumatic or electro?
inmylife2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 PM #11
Tempted (Banned)

I was drunk at 2am when I did this. If I were to take my time and not drink any whiskey it could be much better. I finally ordered my CNC milling machine today, I hope to have it next week. I'm gonna have to brush up on my CAD/CAM skills, been a long time since I've written files, but I should be able to produce the parts I want within a month. Another hobby of mine is RC stuff. Been wanting a CNC mill for a long time to build truly custom parts. The first thing I'm going do is draw a frame approximately the same size as a stock Classic frame but with provisions for building my Pneumag. I also want a nicely milled body to accept Cocker threads but I don't want to pay out the ying yang for one. A friend wants a milled Phantom body for Cocker threads too, so that should be fun. For my pump build I want a body that accepts PT pistol magazines and a frame that the pump rod can run through instead of around. I can't wait to get this thing, I'm like a fat kid in a candy shop. I've already drawn out plans for a response frame using a cam/pushrod and a fully mechanical frame that gives you 3 round burst, but only when you need it. I have built a prototype out of wood that functions exactly how I want it to. I've also mocked up a battery free completely hydraulic frame that requires less than an ounce of pull. The problems I'm having with it is that while the trigger pull is feather light it is too long to walk. If I decrease the diameter of the piston it decreases the travel by a lot, but also increases the pull weight to near stock. I'm thinking that I can use a rocking style trigger to activate a pair of pushrods instead of just one. The pull would still be long but it would be easier to walk since you would have top and bottom instead of just top. It's in an Angel A4 frame, which has a ton of room, but I think I could get it into a thinner frame about the size of a stock one from a Mag.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:29 PM #12
Tempted (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inmylife2415 View Post
Electro pneumatic or electro?
Just electro. I'll probably do an electro pneumatic at some point, especially now that I've got that CNC milling machine.

That frame is just a standard E99 frame. You can buy them brand new with all the components for like 10 bucks. I can't really call it an upgrade because the function of the marker is stock but it does make a big difference in achievable ROF since the pull is very short and light compared to stock.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:12 PM #13
MOCO

when ever your ready to take your automag addiction to the next level come check out automags.org
MOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM #14
Tempted (Banned)

I think my next level is intervention followed be rehabilitation.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:43 AM #15
MOCO

no your just getting started!
MOCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:28 PM #16
hill160881
fire power my friends

Always ready to help someone with there addiction. Watch your wallet.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=259594
hill160881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:23 PM #17
Tempted (Banned)

Doubt I'll be spending much soon, that CNC mill wasn't cheap. I'm just ready to start making my own junk. No telling what I'll think can work when I'm drunk. Luckily the machine is hands off so my inebriated fingers aren't near the cutting tools.