PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2012, 04:57 AM #1
SoCal Guy

SoCal Guy is a Supporting Member
SoCal Guy is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Minimum tank output pressure on typhoon?

I heard that Typhoons are built to run on CO2..would a tank with 450psi output work on my typhoon? it has a stab
SoCal Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2012, 12:22 PM #2
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You can try it. Since it has a Stab on it, that would drop the pressure anyway, but it would depend upon what the pressure of the Stab is. Because if it is set to say 700 PSI, and that is getting the Typhoon is shooting at right around 280 FPS, then putting a 450 PSI tank on there won't do anything for it. Starve it if anything. Some Palmers markers, not just Typhoons, work better with CO2, and others work better with HPA. Not that there is a formula, like Typhoons are CO2 only, and Blazers are HPA only.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM #3
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Annual Supporting Member
FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Empire
The PPS Typhoon and Blazer were designed specifically with the use of CO2 in mind...as was the Palmer Stabilizer...that being said, they both will work on either CO2 or HPA.

Blazers will operate at a lower pressure than typhoons will due to the way the marker is designed, however they both work at pressures above 400 PSI usually unless they have been purposely set up otherwise.

If your marker has a Stabilizer on it and the adjustment screw is flush with the bottom of the reg cap the output pressure going into the marker is right around 450-500 psi I would suggest using at least a mid-pressure or high pressure output HPA tank with these markers as they will perform better in the long run because they are getting enough air supplied to the marker to work without issue.
- Paintball Tek on FaceBook

- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m
FirePro84 is offline   Reply With Quote