PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 04:56 PM #1
Weven

Resolved - [No theft. OP jumped the gun]

I paid Whaddup Mike for a Dye NT10 on Saturday and have asked for a tracking number when he sends out the package. I did not receive a reply and waited seeing as the earliest would be Monday for him to ship out.

Last night, I sent a message asking for him to reply back about the status of the package just so that I could be reassured that everything would be going as planned. He has read all the messages included the "Status Update Please" message but hasn't replied at all.

I try to be reasonable and hope this will encourage better communication from the seller before I file a paypal claim.

Last edited by Weven : 07-17-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-17-2012, 07:09 PM #2
Weven

I just sent him a message with the link and got a VERY quick reply. Said gun would be shipped tomorrow and a tracking number given to me by 4pm. Will update when I get the gun.

Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 PM #3
aerosaaber

aerosaaber supports our troops
"chill out" is hardly an appropriate response.
if the deal was he ships on Monday and you have tracking on Monday, he should follow through with the deal by shipping Monday and providing tracking Monday.

If he's busy, he's busy but in reality how difficult is it to hold up your end of the deal or get online for 65 seconds to type out "Hey, work is crazy I'll ship it on Wed, sorry for the delay"

Lack of communication seems to be the #1 issue with online deals.

If you don't have a tracking number tomorrow as agreed, I would start the paypal claim process. it can easily be resolved once your item has arrived in the condition it should. (never close a paypal claim before the issue is resolved to your satisfaction as they cannot be reopened)
I play woodsball/scenario but I don't hate on speedballers.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM #4
Weven

Let me clarify, there was no deal that he ships out on Monday but I did request to have it in time for this weekend but never got a response. Long Island to Boston (short distance).

I agree that communication is the always the #1 problem and that was primarily what this was about. If I pay money, I expect my questions to be answered when I ask about what I paid for.

* I am reasonable, he apologized and I will treat this as a simple misunderstanding until I get my gun. There is no need to blow things out of proportion at this time, simply wanted better communication which was the result.

Last edited by Weven : 07-17-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 PM #5
aerosaaber

I hope it all goes as planned. Please update the thread when you get your package.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:07 PM #6
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
I'm sure OP would've been much more patient if only he gets some kind of reply from the seller. The fact that the seller did read the messages but opted not to answer puts him at fault. There was never a misunderstanding.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:02 AM #7
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 plays in the PSP
noclue119 plays in the MiLP
noclue119 is playing at Living Legends VIII
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardpainball View Post
I'm sure OP would've been much more patient if only he gets some kind of reply from the seller. The fact that the seller did read the messages but opted not to answer puts him at fault. There was never a misunderstanding.
Guys, the OP sent the payment on Sat(7/14 at 3:00 pm). It is not like the seller could ship until Monday anyways. I think if you don't have your gun by Friday, ya that is one thing. But come on you are taking it to the extreme by not allowing the guy even 2 business day buffer to ship out the marker. Yes his msg might be a little harsh but if someone posted a scammer alert 2 business day after he sent me the money, I'd be a little mad too.

Let's look at the time line here:
OP Pays on 7/14(Sat) at 3:00pm
OP send a PM notifying seller that payment is sent on 7/15 at 6:09 pm
OP send a PM to the seller on 7/16
OP send a PM to the seller on 7/17 asking for status.

Yes the guy could have shipped sooner or replied PM better. But some users on PBN have a real job where we can't take PM's all day long

Last edited by noclue119 : 07-18-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:37 AM #8
Weven

NoClue, it wasn't about shipping time but the lack of communication. If you can "read" PMs, then you can "reply" to them

I'll leave it at that, not going to debate with people. Just want my gun and good seller communication.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:37 AM #9
WKS01
Green to White Technology

WKS01 is a Supporting Member
WKS01 donated to help Peyton Trent
If over the course of 72 hours you cannot send a 10 second message to a buyer that the money was received and a tentative shipping date, especially after reading his messages for an update, you should not be selling anything.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:08 AM #10
ollieb1

ollieb1 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
You can always file the dispute and cancel it if/when the marker arrives. It might even light a fire under him to get it out.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:42 PM #11
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
Guys, the OP sent the payment on Sat(7/14 at 3:00 pm). It is not like the seller could ship until Monday anyways. I think if you don't have your gun by Friday, ya that is one thing. But come on you are taking it to the extreme by not allowing the guy even 2 business day buffer to ship out the marker. Yes his msg might be a little harsh but if someone posted a scammer alert 2 business day after he sent me the money, I'd be a little mad too.

Let's look at the time line here:
OP Pays on 7/14(Sat) at 3:00pm
OP send a PM notifying seller that payment is sent on 7/15 at 6:09 pm
OP send a PM to the seller on 7/16
OP send a PM to the seller on 7/17 asking for status.

Yes the guy could have shipped sooner or replied PM better. But some users on PBN have a real job where we can't take PM's all day long
The point is not about the shipping. It's about disappearing after payment received. Reading messages but not responding. Able to respond only after he was notified of this theft report. All of those made the seller look sketchy!
Old 07-18-2012, 02:50 PM #12
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
I understand but I think some people go overboard when demanding an answer 5 seconds after sending you a PM. I know there are times when I read a PM but is is just not convenient for me to answer. I say to myself I'll get to it later but then forget about the PM.

With that said, I am not going to defend him if he does not get you the gun by the weekend. However, should you have the gun in your hand by Friday, I think you owe him an apology for being an overzealous buyer.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:13 PM #13
hardpainball
Easy & Painless

Noclue: I didn't see op sending pm's every 5 minutes. He PM'd a few times over the weekend. There's no excuse that the seller can't reply just once over 3 days period. If he is really that busy he shouldn't do BST. I would be unsatisfied if I can't get hold of a seller for 3 days after sending my payment. I think its simply that I hold the seller to a much higher standard of communication than you do. I hope op gets his gun promptly.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM #14
Weven

Seller has PMd me the tracking number. Will update when I get the package.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:22 PM #15
noclue119
D4 to D5 in 3 years.

Annual Supporting Member
so did you get a marker?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:10 PM #16
aerosaaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue119 View Post
so did you get a marker?
this?
Old 07-22-2012, 10:17 PM #17
Weven

Got the marker yesterday, couple of issues but the seller has really had great communication and is willing to work things out. Things worked out in the end with good communication being key element. Just got a chance to test everything out today

Mods please close thread
Closed Thread