Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 10:01 PM #64
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Checkmate, and sorry, you've forced my hand. I gave you plenty of opportunity to do the right thing, and you chose to drop the ball. I'm mailing printouts of all of our email correspondence, this thread, your ad from PbNation, your ad from Ebay (Yes, we did find that one to), and your ad from craigslist to your district attorneys office, as well as the postal inspector. I have screenshots and timestamps of when everything took place, and I know the exact moment you knew the marker was stolen. You continued for 2 hours after that to try to sell it to me.

Don't come cry to me on Monday, it will be too late.

Last edited by Broch : 07-20-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2012, 06:15 PM #65
shankmcgank
Squeezin' trigs
 
shankmcgank's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
shankmcgank is playing at Living Legends V
shankmcgank owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shankmcgank owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
shankmcgank supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
Checkmate, and sorry, you've forced my hand. I gave you plenty of opportunity to do the right thing, and you chose to drop the ball. I'm mailing printouts of all of our email correspondence, this thread, your ad from PbNation, your ad from Ebay (Yes, we did find that one to), and your ad from craigslist to your district attorneys office, as well as the postal inspector. I have screenshots and timestamps of when everything took place, and I know the exact moment you knew the marker was stolen. You continued for 2 hours after that to try to sell it to me.

Don't come cry to me on Monday, it will be too late.
**** just got srs !
__________________
!!! Stop your marker from being stolen for under $20 !!!

! Beginner's Checklist !

Planet Eclipse Etek 3 AM - Cure 3+
Stiffi Shaft Kit
Dye Rotor - Virtue Soft Cycle
Guerrilla Air Carbon Fiber 68/4500
shankmcgank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:23 PM #66
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
It'll be out of my hands on Monday. I don't have legal grounds to pursue the issue in civil court. I'm handing it over the the criminal court system now. From that point on, it will be up to a states attorney, or postmaster whether or not to pursue it.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM #67
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvhs12 View Post
Please talk to Josh. He will inform you that I have been more than willing to work with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Open_Truth View Post
Just for the record, it's funny that you commented in the thread to buy it on 6/7, then left feedback for it on 6/19, four days after this thread, which isn't the first thread, for the record, was started. You listed it here for sale, on 6/18 as well as your local Craigslist (I am guessing the same day), left feedback for it on the 19th, which is when you found out that you bought a stolen marker. Which you argued with people in your own thread about if it was legitimately stolen or not.

So the question is whether you messed it up or not. Because you claim that you aired it up, checked to see that everything is working, and now the claim is that the marker does not work, and it leaks.

LOL, got proof that it worked? Did you cover yourself with a video of you airing it up, turning it on, shooting it, showing that everything worked, more or less, just before you packed it up and shipped it to Broch? Not to say that you are the one to blame for this, but it's like proving that you did a deal with someone here on the Nation when you post a thread that you got ripped off by them. It's a CYA thing to do.
Looks like dvhs12 was trying hard to sell the stolen property, knowing that it was illegal, but at the end was forced to work with the rightful owner. Of course Broch still had to buy the marker.
__________________
hardpainball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:00 AM #68
dvhs12
 
 
dvhs12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, Ca
dvhs12 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dvhs12 is for the Gunfight
dvhs12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
dvhs12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
"On Jun 19, 2012, at 2:40 PM, "Broch Gerling" <brochg@gmail.com> wrote:

I'll send you the 225 for it, via Paypal, to keep it nice and secure. I can tell you are a nice guy, and acted in good faith when you bought it. this way you can get all or part of your money back, he can have his marker back, and I will go after the scammer that stuck him. Please send me your paypal info, and I will send you the money.

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 4:37 PM, <footballqb12@hotmail.com> wrote:

Yeah man I have been talking to him. This whole situation is a mess. I mean if you want to buy it from me and return it to him that's cool. I actually just got off the phone with him

Sent from my iPhone"

Need I say more?
dvhs12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:17 AM #69
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
I never disputed that fact, Michael. I did offer you money to do something you were legally required to do anyway. Accepting the money was a crime. If you feel that you did nothing wrong, roll the dice, kid. Ive put enough hours of my life into this, and I'm done. I'm turning all of the info over to people who may or may not care. The money is a wash, and I don't give a crap about it. Now I'm driven by a much bigger force, justice. If $233.00 meant a crap to me, do you think that I would have done this in the first place? That is compounded by the fact that I work by butt off for every piece of gear I own, then I find out the kid I helped has mommy and daddy paying for almost everything. Again, that is irrelevant now. I'm just going to sit back and watch the wheels of justice spin.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:33 AM #70
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Oh, and speaking of karma, Addison had a very close relative killed by a drunk driver right after this started. Could be a coincidence, could be karma. I would never take the chance.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:13 AM #71
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
Agree with Broch, that the fact that he accepted payment for a stolen property makes him a criminal.
__________________
hardpainball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:23 AM #72
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Thank you. We'll see if the court system, or the US Postal Inspectors service tends to agree.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:44 PM #73
photojosh
 
 
photojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pace, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
I never disputed that fact, Michael. I did offer you money to do something you were legally required to do anyway. Accepting the money was a crime. If you feel that you did nothing wrong, roll the dice, kid. Ive put enough hours of my life into this, and I'm done. I'm turning all of the info over to people who may or may not care. The money is a wash, and I don't give a crap about it. Now I'm driven by a much bigger force, justice. If $233.00 meant a crap to me, do you think that I would have done this in the first place? That is compounded by the fact that I work by butt off for every piece of gear I own, then I find out the kid I helped has mommy and daddy paying for almost everything. Again, that is irrelevant now. I'm just going to sit back and watch the wheels of justice spin.
What the heck are you talking about?

My parents bought me a model 98 and a cheap mask for my birthday when I turned 15, and my dad took me to living legends for another gift. I've worked for everything else.

I am seriously wondering where you are coming up with this information.
__________________
Empire Axe-WGP Mini Orracle-06 Empire Intimidator-Splatmasters-Tippmann a5-Tippmann Model 98's-JT Er2
www.unruhlymedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/unruhlymedia
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
photojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:54 PM #74
photojosh
 
 
photojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pace, FL
Broch, you offered a gift to "help out".

When Michael listed the marker for sale, he didn't know it was stolen property. When you offered, you knew it was stolen property. We explained to him the situation and almost immediately, you offered him cash for the marker saying you'd pay it forward to make it a "win-win" situation.

It is ridiculous to go after Michael like this for accepting your gift. I don't know your reasoning here.
__________________
Empire Axe-WGP Mini Orracle-06 Empire Intimidator-Splatmasters-Tippmann a5-Tippmann Model 98's-JT Er2
www.unruhlymedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/unruhlymedia
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
photojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 PM #75
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
I'm not some naive kid who fell off of a turnip truck. It's not difficult to put 2 and 2 together. Who paid for your brand new marker? Who paid for your Canon 7D? Who pays your rent every month? I don't know any high school juniors who can afford such things without mom and dad footing the bill.

Josh, you and I are cool, and what little exception I have with you I dismiss because you are young and inexperienced with life. I'm going to exit this thread now, because you are no longer part of this situation. In another 24 hours, I won't be either. Best of luck to you in your future, and remember, always take the high road.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:05 PM #76
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
PS, my offer to help doesn't change the fact that what he did was a crime. If the 2 of you don't think it was a crime, there is nothing to worry about.

I'm not the enemy here. Go whine to the kid Michael bought the marker from.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:10 PM #77
Scatlm
equilibrium
 
Scatlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: FL
..

Last edited by Scatlm : 07-22-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Scatlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:17 PM #78
hardpainball
Easy & Painless
 
hardpainball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Not where you think
hardpainball is playing at Living Legends V
hardpainball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
hardpainball is attending Decay of Nations VI
hardpainball supports DLX Technology
photojosh refused to see that dvhs12 knew that the marker was stolen when he accepted payment for it.
__________________
hardpainball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:44 PM #79
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
No, Josh had informed him that it was, so had 2 other members of the community Josh enlisted to help him recover his marker.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:31 PM #80
photojosh
 
 
photojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pace, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
I'm not some naive kid who fell off of a turnip truck. It's not difficult to put 2 and 2 together. Who paid for your brand new marker? Who paid for your Canon 7D? Who pays your rent every month? I don't know any high school juniors who can afford such things without mom and dad footing the bill.

Josh, you and I are cool, and what little exception I have with you I dismiss because you are young and inexperienced with life. I'm going to exit this thread now, because you are no longer part of this situation. In another 24 hours, I won't be either. Best of luck to you in your future, and remember, always take the high road.
I had money in the bank, that I earned by working an hourly job, to pay for the marker.

I have a 7D because I borrowed a cheap old DSLR from a friend of my dad's, shot it until I learned how to use it very well, and got offered an excellent part-time job that provided my 7D, XL-2 and full kit. My parents had nothing to do with that.

Of course my parents pay the rent every month. I'm 17, still living at home. That is nonsense.

This is getting stupidly off topic.

In your words, you told me why I'm a brat but you'll overlook it because I'm still a kid. I'll just tell you straight up, I do take offense to this because I did nothing whatsoever to you other than accept your gift, so we can leave it at that.

Good day.
__________________
Empire Axe-WGP Mini Orracle-06 Empire Intimidator-Splatmasters-Tippmann a5-Tippmann Model 98's-JT Er2
www.unruhlymedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/unruhlymedia
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
photojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:33 PM #81
photojosh
 
 
photojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pace, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
PS, my offer to help doesn't change the fact that what he did was a crime. If the 2 of you don't think it was a crime, there is nothing to worry about.

I'm not the enemy here. Go whine to the kid Michael bought the marker from.


Except the kid Michael bought the marker from isn't threatening to cause a legal matter out of this.
__________________
Empire Axe-WGP Mini Orracle-06 Empire Intimidator-Splatmasters-Tippmann a5-Tippmann Model 98's-JT Er2
www.unruhlymedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/unruhlymedia
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
photojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:55 PM #82
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
Of course he isn't. If Michael had any sense, he would be pushing hard against the guy he bought it from, and that guy against Addison. With everyone being pacifistic and refusing to take action, bad people will prevail. I won't stand for it. Your inaction is the cause for my action. Think about it.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:06 PM #83
Broch
 
 
Broch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ottawa, IL
For the last time, I'm out. If anyone needs to communicate any further with me, shoot me a pm.
Broch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:19 PM #84
photojosh
 
 
photojosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Pace, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broch View Post
Of course he isn't. If Michael had any sense, he would be pushing hard against the guy he bought it from, and that guy against Addison. With everyone being pacifistic and refusing to take action, bad people will prevail. I won't stand for it. Your inaction is the cause for my action. Think about it.
Some kid online steals my marker. I file several police reports, took it up with the USPS, contacted his friends, contacted his father, notified the PBNation staff, notified the anti-scammer connection group, called this kid personally with no answer, and went as far as contacting a few of this kids Facebook buddies.

How much more do you want me to do to bring this kid out of the dark?


/quote.
__________________
Empire Axe-WGP Mini Orracle-06 Empire Intimidator-Splatmasters-Tippmann a5-Tippmann Model 98's-JT Er2
www.unruhlymedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/unruhlymedia
Josh Unruh-Photographer
YouTube
photojosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump