Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM #1
Proto831

PM7 Leak Help!

I recently picked up a used PM7. It was leaking from the asa, rear of the bolt and the barrel. So I took it to a paintball shop, they replaced the asa oring and the #1 "shaft" oring. I tested fired it once I got home it was shooting good for about 5 seconds, then it started to leak out of the barrel like crazy. I'm using compressed air. Any idea what it can be? I'm trying to fix it by Saturday night so I can play on Sunday.
Thanks PB Nation!
Proto831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 PM #2
Nmags12

Try taking out ur bolt and look at all the orings make sure thier not broken and replace them if they are then lube them alllube all. And you can try taking apart you regulator to make sure all the orings are in good condition. Not sure if this will solve ur problem though. Oh and be carfull while ajusting the regulator if u tighten it all the way no air will be let into the gun, and if u let it out to far u will blow up ur solinoid and that is a coastly mistake!
Nmags12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:43 PM #3
ToBeUsedToBE
Terrence Morton

ToBeUsedToBE is for the Gunfight
ToBeUsedToBE plays in the APPA beginner division
ToBeUsedToBE has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
check lube, oring condition, and especially hpr velocity.
for the people who are still alive
ToBeUsedToBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 08:15 AM #4
NeSSaJ22

NeSSaJ22 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NeSSaJ22 plays in the APPA beginner division
Had a similar problem with my pm5 ok so in order you do this
Check all orings in your bolt, most likely your orings on the bolt are damaged, make sure to check typically its the clear orings that no one seems to remember they are there
Then if that doesn't solve it check your lpr take it apart, there's a good video on YouTube ok how to and then return it back to factory settings.which is 3-4 turns out
If that doesn't work its your hpr take that apart, video on youtube, then put it back but screw the reg all the way in then slowly back it out taking one shot every time you turn it out and get it to where your gun shoots

Problem solved if.you have any questions lmk
NeSSaJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:40 PM #5
Proto831

Im going to give a try today. Thanks!
Proto831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:57 PM #6
Clutch27
Every Day Im Bunkering

Clutch27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Clutch27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Clutch27 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Clutch27 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I know this is late but air leaking down your barrel is a huge sign of a bad asa. My friends pm8 was doing this. I took it apart changed orings on the bolt,pulled out the LPR cleaned and lubed,took reg apart cleaned and lubed all those were supposed to be what the issue was from and guess what not even close. all those can cause air leaking from frame/front of gun etc but leaking down the barrel will 90% of your time be a bad ASA or bad O ring in the ASA. After all that work I did to it I pulled his ASA off put my Proto ASA on his gun and it worked flawless. No leaks no air shooting out nothing. Put his on my PM7 to verify and it leaked down barrel like crazy. So I say you should try using another ASA to check if its the problem and if it is try rebuilding your ASA or buying a new.. Just my 2 cents
Clutch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:21 PM #7
speedy2k4
BSH University

speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
Air leaking down the center of the bolt is the 013 o-ring inside the tophat, air leaking around the sides of the bolt is either the 017 inside the can or the front 020 on the outside of the can.

A bad o-ring in the asa will cause a leak out of the asa, not down the barrel.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:28 PM #8
Clutch27
Every Day Im Bunkering

Clutch27 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Clutch27 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Clutch27 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Clutch27 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy2k4 View Post
Air leaking down the center of the bolt is the 013 o-ring inside the tophat, air leaking around the sides of the bolt is either the 017 inside the can or the front 020 on the outside of the can.

A bad o-ring in the asa will cause a leak out of the asa, not down the barrel.
You are correct.. But for some strange reason thou different asa on the gun it worked perfectly no bad o rings on the bolt or anything. I changed the #007 o ring in the bad proto asa and it works with the gun now so must be one of those rare things
Clutch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:58 PM #9
Ickboo
Big Things

Ickboo supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch27 View Post
You are correct.. But for some strange reason thou different asa on the gun it worked perfectly no bad o rings on the bolt or anything. I changed the #007 o ring in the bad proto asa and it works with the gun now so must be one of those rare things
Ickboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:53 PM #10
Priceless2

I would check all your o-rings! it could be something simple you are missing
Priceless2 is offline   Reply With Quote