Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
They Call Me Rain owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
They Call Me Rain supports Team VICIOUS
They Call Me Rain is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
They Call Me Rain is Legendary
They Call Me Rain is Boss
They Call Me Rain supports Empire
Yeah I didn't see the pope this year. What gives? Pretty sure I saw him last year.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 02:04 AM #44
ace0007

Pope Mariol had a family obligation, hence why he couldn't make ION this year. he should be back for Battle for whatever in October.

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:54 AM #45
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Grazi is playing at Living Legends V
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Grazi owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Grazi supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0007
The Pope and the Yeti were missing this year....hmmm
I'd post the dramatic chipmunk but alas I am on my cell and can't do it from here...

You get the picture lol
MVP: ROME 2045 ~ French Indian War 2854
Grazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 AM #46
SR_Voodoo

SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SR_Voodoo owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi View Post
I'd post the dramatic chipmunk but alas I am on my cell and can't do it from here...

You get the picture lol

I got yah Grazi!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 PM #47
tr4mm

has been a member for 10 years
tr4mm is for the Gunfight
tr4mm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tr4mm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rksabre View Post
I actually thought the game was a great time. Playing French is always a challenge. My only complaint was the paint quality. For every ball that broke, 10 more bounced. You could skip them off the ground at people. I don't know if it was the humidity or what, but the paint was dreadfully soft.

I kid you not, a German player put a rope on me from about 30 yards and nothing broke. And he was shooting plenty hot because I have the welts to prove it.
Yeah. I noticed the paint was squishy. My brother made the same complaint before I said anything about it. For the price of paint I would want something better. Also my loader had some trouble with it (empire B) jamming...Im assuming because of this.

A common complaint I heard from a bunch of people was people not calling themselves out. I saw this a couple of times, but that comes with having so many players on the field.

Personally, I wouldve liked a larger playing area. It felt smaller than before, especially with so many players. While the big battles are fun, I do like taking a smaller squad and hunting other squads, not just full on fire fights all of the time.

The vendors were awesome, and from what I saw the refs and crew were awesome also.
AO: +4/-0
Ebay: +58/-0

"Originally posted by mas19: I told of ref on the dxs field that the yellow substance on my hopper was mustard from lunch."
tr4mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM #48
d4rksabre
Dr. Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr4mm View Post
Yeah. I noticed the paint was squishy. My brother made the same complaint before I said anything about it. For the price of paint I would want something better. Also my loader had some trouble with it (empire B) jamming...Im assuming because of this.

A common complaint I heard from a bunch of people was people not calling themselves out. I saw this a couple of times, but that comes with having so many players on the field.

Personally, I wouldve liked a larger playing area. It felt smaller than before, especially with so many players. While the big battles are fun, I do like taking a smaller squad and hunting other squads, not just full on fire fights all of the time.

The vendors were awesome, and from what I saw the refs and crew were awesome also.
I agree that things start to feel claustrophobic with so many players. I wish "record breaking games" wasn't a goal.

THE MOB
Western NY's Least Serious Paintball Team
Be indifferent about us on Faeceb°°k
d4rksabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:02 PM #49
ace0007

All Skirmish games usually become a "pain" game because you tend to shoot people and they don't call themselves out..Then you shoot them some more...and they complain...I'm like bro, call yourself out the first 20 times I hit you.

My biggest complaint has been the paint every time I go there. Either it's rubber balls or it breaks in your barrel. For 80 bucks a case, you could do something about the quality.

PM me for my facebook!
Newly Contracted RTM player
ace0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM #50
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:

I just went out by myself or with another person or two and did this
Don't be afraid to sneak through a bush lol, that's how I managed to slay so many people
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace0007 View Post
All Skirmish games usually become a "pain" game because you tend to shoot people and they don't call themselves out..Then you shoot them some more...and they complain...I'm like bro, call yourself out the first 20 times I hit you.

My biggest complaint has been the paint every time I go there. Either it's rubber balls or it breaks in your barrel. For 80 bucks a case, you could do something about the quality.
I came across a lot of wipers. I threw a rope of paint at these 3 people and they started running circles trying to cover their backs and when I yelled that I had hit them and gotten breaks, they claimed I wasn't even hitting them. Kind of like this, but with 3 people.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 AM #51
Switch462
Two

Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Switch462 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I pretty much adopted the tactic of hit them in the mask so they have to walk away. If their leg is sticking out I hit them once and if they don't call themselves out I wont bother shooting their leg just wait for their head to pop out.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 AM #52
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR_Voodoo
Thank you sir!
Old 07-19-2012, 09:50 AM #53
skirmish
Official Skirmish News

"Record breaking games" are not the goal. The goal is for everyone to have a good time and to come away with as few injuries as possible, and in fact we had ~300 less players then last year, but for some reason we used more space for camping.

Last edited by skirmish : 07-19-2012 at 09:55 AM.
skirmish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM #54
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The paint was really squishy. When I took a hit I would do my best if it was a vest hit to see if it broke, but it did seem this year I had alot more bounces that would usually be breaks.

I can't remember if it was on saturday or sunday but I took a goggle hit from a german player from a waaaays out, I gave him props as I walked off and got a wave back.

I really don't care if I win or loose...Its little things like that, that I like most.

And last year on a allied mission for a brick of something we were waiting for the brick with a couple french players, I was the last guy walking out with the prop. The french did what they are supposed to do and shot me in the back. The guy who shot me missed my vest and got me in the kidney, and it really F'n hurt, a couple minutes later whole french squad searched for me and apologized for missing my pack.
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM #55
please dont shoot me

please dont shoot me has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
please dont shoot me has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I notice a few breaks in the beginning but once I switched to a .692 bore it stopped.

Not sure what everyone else saw but the field seemed smaller due too so many people battling on the beach. I give the Allies credit, a lot of them had smaller squads doing their part by setting up ambushes and doing missions. Opposed to most of my German teammates posted up around the beach pushing towards the hood neglecting everything outside of the beach. Just saying...
please dont shoot me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:07 AM #56
jesse370

jesse370 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by please dont shoot me View Post
I notice a few breaks in the beginning but once I switched to a .692 bore it stopped.

Not sure what everyone else saw but the field seemed smaller due too so many people battling on the beach. I give the Allies credit, a lot of them had smaller squads doing their part by setting up ambushes and doing missions. Opposed to most of my German teammates posted up around the beach pushing towards the hood neglecting everything outside of the beach. Just saying...
I posted this I think in the game thread, at one point I ran a mission to ramel (sp) bridge on the way to the mission and after getting the flag ran into no germans, it was so long that my marker turned it self off....
jesse370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:42 PM #57
(NMA)SixSigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse370 View Post
I posted this I think in the game thread, at one point I ran a mission to ramel (sp) bridge on the way to the mission and after getting the flag ran into no germans, it was so long that my marker turned it self off....
hahaha yeah. at around 5pm we went to do a mission at paris...PARIS. thinking there would be a large german force trying to occupy it. when we got up there, there was literally 150-200 american troops just standing inside the pentagon waiting around until 5pm to get the points...there was probably 15-20 germans coming from the French insertion giving us "resistance" lol. So based on that its like, 2000 germans fighting on the beach and only 20 doing missions....sounds like poor leadership by the german command...just sayin.
Commandment #1: I am the War Lord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will ALWAYS lead you from the front, not the rear.
-Marcinko
(NMA)SixSigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:47 PM #58
Grazi
Hoagies...Ya hoagies

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse370
The paint was really squishy. When I took a hit I would do my best if it was a vest hit to see if it broke, but it did seem this year I had alot more bounces that would usually be breaks.

I can't remember if it was on saturday or sunday but I took a goggle hit from a german player from a waaaays out, I gave him props as I walked off and got a wave back.

I really don't care if I win or loose...Its little things like that, that I like most.

And last year on a allied mission for a brick of something we were waiting for the brick with a couple french players, I was the last guy walking out with the prop. The french did what they are supposed to do and shot me in the back. The guy who shot me missed my vest and got me in the kidney, and it really F'n hurt, a couple minutes later whole french squad searched for me and apologized for missing my pack.
That's the way we want it. If someone on the French gives you gruff I want to know about it.

As long as you are understanding to what we do, then I will make sure that we have the most stand up force I can recruit.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:20 PM #59
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesse370 View Post
My ego9 did that. I think it's set to turn off after 45min of no activity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by (NMA)SixSigma View Post
hahaha yeah. at around 5pm we went to do a mission at paris...PARIS. thinking there would be a large german force trying to occupy it. when we got up there, there was literally 150-200 american troops just standing inside the pentagon waiting around until 5pm to get the points...there was probably 15-20 germans coming from the French insertion giving us "resistance" lol. So based on that its like, 2000 germans fighting on the beach and only 20 doing missions....sounds like poor leadership by the german command...just sayin.
This is why I ventured off into the forest. It's way easier to advance on an enemy squad when there are 20 people rather than a few hundred on the beaches where you're going to be suppressed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazi View Post
That's the way we want it. If someone on the French gives you gruff I want to know about it.

As long as you are understanding to what we do, then I will make sure that we have the most stand up force I can recruit.
Did the allies bribe you with enough women this year?
Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 PM #60
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by please dont shoot me View Post

This.

The field had plenty of room to roam, the problem was the Germans appeared to think the only battle worth fighting was on the Beach. If you feel that field was claustrophobic you HAD to be playing German. My squad and I had free roam and there were times it seemed like we were walking for 10 or 15 minutes at a time and not seeing a single soul in some places.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:39 PM #61
NoShaDow
MC Historical Inaccuracy

NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoShaDow supports Team VICIOUS
NoShaDow is for the Gunfight
NoShaDow has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Was it the same type of paint as last year? I couldn't attend this year but even last years paint shot pretty bad for me definitely not worth 80 a case personally that along with some of the field play turned me off from wanting to come back even if I could have.

EDIT: sorry for the lack of punctuation I am on my phone.

TCMilitia[center]

51st Orca Street Hustlers

Last edited by NoShaDow : 07-19-2012 at 03:42 PM.
NoShaDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:03 PM #62
tr4mm

tr4mm is for the Gunfight
tr4mm has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tr4mm has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by (NMA)SixSigma View Post
I played german. Im pretty sure I was one of those 15 (more like 20-30).

I heard someone say that the command was calling them back to the beach....I heard this same complaint from the guys camping next to use. For some reason they just sent everyone to the beach every time we entered, which we started ignoing to swing up by french insertion.

It seems stupid to just battle the allies on the beach when they can just insert close by and build up a mass of numbers. Its a losing battle if given enough time.

With that being said. The field still seemed small to me.
AO: +4/-0
Ebay: +58/-0

"Originally posted by mas19: I told of ref on the dxs field that the yellow substance on my hopper was mustard from lunch."
tr4mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:43 PM #63
They Call Me Rain
Aaron

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoShaDow View Post
Was it the same type of paint as last year? I couldn't attend this year but even last years paint shot pretty bad for me definitely not worth 80 a case personally that along with some of the field play turned me off from wanting to come back even if I could have.

EDIT: sorry for the lack of punctuation I am on my phone.
Yes John, same paint. I have some left over for you to look at it when we chill at this field this weekend
Quote:
I played german. Im pretty sure I was one of those 15 (more like 20-30).

I heard someone say that the command was calling them back to the beach....I heard this same complaint from the guys camping next to use. For some reason they just sent everyone to the beach every time we entered, which we started ignoing to swing up by french insertion.

It seems stupid to just battle the allies on the beach when they can just insert close by and build up a mass of numbers. Its a losing battle if given enough time.

With that being said. The field still seemed small to me.
I captured 4 or 5 objectives, only met 10-20 Germans at one and like 5 at another. Otherwise, I just stood there with some other allied guys and talked with the refs for awhile while we waited for the flag. German command was def. not what it could have been. Both teams have incredible potential, it just needs to be utilized and understood by the commanding officers.
a.) How hard do these guys want to win/push?
b.) How much gun fighting is too much for them (getting tired, etc)
c.) How to effectively move troops around the field without over working them, or compromising time and missing objectives, etc.

I'm sure you could compile a whole list of stuff to effectively lead your "army" better.

I honestly just am not sure what German high command was thinking about when they sent all of their reinforcements to the beach. If they held the beach, were they getting points or something?
ReplyScenario Ups